Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I beat Dark SOuls 1 and Dark Souls 2 and knew this game started it all so I picked it up for 10 bucks yesterday. Its certainly less refined than the Dark Souls but it just feels like its got a lot more atmosphere, for lack of a better term. Anyway, anything I should keep in mind while playing as a newbie? Is there a certain order that I should play the worlds in cuz I just went from the first stage of boletarian palace to the Shawdowmen.

Also, I got invaded by a red phantom who proceeded to wreck all the skeletons and showed me a guy named Graverobber Bilge and then dropped like 50 piece of different stones but then I stepped on a trap and died. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The range you can fall in this game compared to Dark Souls is insane. I feel like my guy drops down forever and takes a 5% hp loss while the same fall would kill him 6 times in Dark Souls.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I get lost in the Tower of Latria every single time I die and its pissing me off. Also why are there big loving chains in the sky?

These gold skeletons in the Shrine of Storms are kicking my rear end.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

gently caress the Armor Spider! gently caress it!!!! gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKF!~!~!!!!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Flytrap posted:

What are you having trouble with? AS is pretty easy once you get its pattern down.

It hits me with that web which slows me down and then it just spams fireballs over and over. I make mistakes on dodging which is my fault but I can't even see anything half the time because the fireballs brighten up the whole screen so I just roll hoping its at the correct time and not into the path of another fireball or web.

I should probably just not play it for a day or two.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I've decided my best course of action is to assume FlameLurker will get so tired of killing me he finally lets me pass out of pity/apathy/boredom/grudging sense of respect.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

His gross disgusting tongue. Can you imagine the adjudicators wife having to deal with that thing making out? Eww I bet your all thinking about it now and the slobber everywhere and that dumbass bird squawking over and over. drat you gross for still thinking about it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Awesome! posted:

if you're not gonna let me roll in the poison swamp it's hosed up that the black phantom gets to :mad:

Well she lives there so she already has adapted to the environment.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I assumed it was poo poo rain.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

TheHoosier posted:

So I'm just now playing this for the first time after putting 100+ hours into each of the other Souls games, and I must fuckin suck

For some goddamn reason this game seems much harder than the others. Small things like the second part of Valley and the runback to King Allant make me want to toss my controller. I might also be a moron because I never noticed the Tower of Latria Archstone up the stairs :doh:

All that said, it's still amazing and having a "fresh" Souls experience is great. Im trying not to look anything up, but I do have a question: I've been hoarding Boss souls but haven't found anywhere to use them. Am I blind?

Blacksmith Ed can use them if you've given him the red hot demons soul.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

I love this game, and all if the different worlds have distinct themes and motifs, but what the gently caress does shrine of storms mean?? What is the themes of that level?? I don't get it at all

The people who lived there worshiped the flying manta-rays and the storms that accompanied them as gods. Its a shrine to their storms.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Also you can see the Old Hero chained up on the wall the whole way down, he doesn't just magically appear for the boss fight.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I always assumed they worshipped the rays and then the stormbringer sword was created by some disgruntled person/tribe or the people rebelled and the rays wiped them out in the battle.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

To clarify, my answer is 100% correct and accurate and there can be no dissenting opinions.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Tamayachi posted:

I've had this game since forever but have never played it. I've beaten DS1 once, gone through and beaten Dark Souls 2 many times, along with Scholar of the First Sin, so I finally decided to plug my PS3 back in and give this a rousing shot.

So far I love it, having completed 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1 and 4-1. Haven't even started 5 at all yet so I have that to look forward to. Also, gently caress those rolling proto-Bonewheels skeleton assholes in 4-1 :argh:

Awesome man. Hope you have fun

On another subject youu fight lots of gigantic enemies in the game has anyone else wondered about how massive their dongs must be?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Jose posted:

5-2 is loving poo poo

Might I suggest getting gud?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

As well as bloodborne's done I wouldn't put it past Sony trying to throw as much money at Miyazaki as it takes to get him to do something else for them in a similar vein.

Vein.

Get it?

No

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

As well as bloodborne's done I wouldn't put it past Sony trying to throw as much money at Miyazaki as it takes to get him to do something else for them in a similar vein.

Vein.

Get it?

Wait

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

Vein.

Get it?

Yes

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

How did the chains in the sky in Latria even get connected? They are huge and moving them is a logistical nightmare. Then pulling them across to other towers and tightening and tensioning them not to mention the balancing. I don't see any construction equipment in Latria. Anyway that's been eating at me for awhile. Ok bye

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I think some of it is that so much of Demons is inside where its naturally darker. The Nexus, Latria, Valley, Stonefang, half of Shrine are all set inside or at night. There's no sun and its difficult to get a sense of spatial awareness due to limited sight and you're usually going downwards. I think all these kinda subconsciously add to feelings of unease.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I like demons but overall it's just too....hmm unrefined for my tastes

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Try cleaning the disc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

That article was bad

• Locked thread