Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I finally got to play this game a month ago after salivating over it for a year or so thanks to Squint's LP. Beat 5-2 for the first time tonight, I probably could be on NG+++ by now if I didn't keep making new characters to try to min/max and then learn some little trick that I missed out on after finishing out Flamelurker and whatever else.

The original King's Field blew me away when I played it and I since then my expectations for From Software titles have always been sky high, but Demon's Souls exceeded them like crazy, even given a year of buildup after the LP. This for me is as perfect a game as System Shock 2 or X-Com or Diablo 2.

Love this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Dragon weapons are really good for your first play through. A base stat temple knight can one shot the 4-1 skeletons and the 3-1 guards with a dragon knight sword +5, the flame effect puts anything thats not some kind of giant into stunlock until you run out of stamina, and the best thing is that you find all the chunks and pures you need for almost any desired +5 weapon just by scrounging around in 2-2, and you can just buy the shards.

I've got a mage character working her way through now with base royal dex and strength but she can melee even the red eye knights quite well thanks to her dragon short sword +5 and her POS buckler +10. I'm about ready to switch her over to a Crescent Estoc but the little short sword I made way back at the end of 2-2 is still doing more damage and, of course, benefits hugely from the little dance folks in Demon's Souls are compelled to do when hit with a flame weapon.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I just spent a while deleveling myself and then spent some time slaying people in 2-1 so I could get free bodies to toss off cliffs in world 2 and world 5 (which I finished up yesterday). It wasn't exactly fair as I had a Dragon Knight Sword +5 and most of my foes had jack poo poo, but then I died a few times too mostly from over exuberantly rolling off of cliffs or because by the time I found my target he'd glommed two blue phantoms on to himself and one of them had a spear and the other had magic. I got a few wins in those situations too, though, mostly by getting ahead of them in the level and then bumrushing the body form player when they were trying to deal with a pack of monsters.

So now I've got pure black in 2 and 5 and the ToB and I'm all set to build a real character finally. It's going to be an ABC meat cleaver toon just so I can try it out.

Oh and I hope whoever X_Protagonist_X is enjoys my mace, dragon long sword, and falchion -- plus my extra set of dull gold armor. Took two bodies from him so I felt a little sorry.

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

I felt like a magical king when I teamed with a friend to help him beat that. I hadn't fought it before, so I hopped in his game. He kept talking about how hard this guy was and how he barely did any damage. I made fun of him after killing him in like 10 shots from soul arrow.

Fourth try: Ohhhhhhhh I'm supposed to run to the right, not the left. Killed the archers, came back down, and he stepped on me and I died. Fifth try = got'em. Beat that bitch's head in with my mace.

Also I just found out that whacking him in the heels with something that does magic damage takes lots out of his lifebar instead of just knocking him down. Weird.

raton fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 18, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Beans posted:

Hmmm I really like that idea of leaving presents for people in low level griefing games.

Now I need to build up a good collection of presents. Maybe I'll wear brushwood armor so I look fat and wear the official hat and be a Demon Souls santa clause

I also helped a guy who obviously didn't know what he was doing (full knight plate with slow roll, regular old knight sword) get to the first shortcut that takes you down to blacksmith Ed and then ganked him.

ConfusedUs posted:

And which weapons are worth leveling up? So far I'm pretty fond of the Mail Breaker (I can attack with my shield up!), and I alternate between the short sword and the scimitar for my secondary weapon.

During 1-1 I always buy a "Short Spear" (it's actually quite long) from the dregling merchant. He's in the area near where you first find Ostrava and the Thieves ring -- instead of jumping down toward Ostrava look around upstairs in the hallway for a bunch of boards you roll through to get to a little alclove with the merchant sitting there, then turn around and go back to help Ostrava out. The spear costs 1500 souls, so you'll probably have to eat some of the souls you're carrying around with you (if you managed to kill Vanguard this will be well within reach, if not, it'll be close). It's a much longer and much stronger Mail Breaker. Worth every penny. Also any character that can use it (11 strength is the only requirement) should buy a heater shield ASAP after getting squished by Vanguard -- the temple knight and priest happen to start with one which is great for them. A heater shield and a short spear makes quick work out of 1-1, 1-2, and most of world 2 even if you're totally new to Demon's Souls. The heater is a huge upgrade over all of the other starting shields as 100% physical block is much much better than 90%, but if you started out royal/thief/magician you'll have to get two points of strength first (if you plan to upgrade your strength ever in the course of the game, and almost all characters do, now's the time) and to be able to do that you have to first beat 1-1, so you'll be stuck with your shitshield for a while if you wanted magic (or the black leather armor set) going into things.

Once you kill Phalanx you can replace your Short Spear with a Winged Spear. You find this in the middle of the first part of the bridge in 1-2 that the dragon comes and lights up. You will probably sacrifice your life to grab it, but that's okay, a life is always worth less than a good item in Demon's Souls. If you have your body, go kill yourself in the nexus (jump off a high ledge) to avoid shifting any world's tendencies then go in to 1-2, kill a few blobs, get out onto the bridge, bait the dragon into one run and chase him along. Halfway down the bridge pick up the little glowing item and you now have a Winged Spear. It's a little bit longer and a little bit stronger than the Short Spear and is the strongest spear in the game. You can use it while blocking just like the mail breaker or short spear, and the only competition against it for use-while-blocking is the estoc which is faster and has a better move set (the rolling R1 attack is a lot better) but which also has a lot less range.

I however, personally suggest grabbing the Crescent Falchion after doing 1-1. Instructions for that are below:

Buy a club from Blacksmith Boldwin (only 500g, which is total chump change -- a lot of consumable items cost more than that) because you'll need the blunt damage and then go into 4-1 (Shrine of Storms, the one with the guy with the big beehive hat), and for god's loving sake wear your Thieves Ring. It'll be hard to kill the skeletons there at first so go in soul form, just stand there and block while they roll at you and wait until they stand to attack you, block one attack, and then bash them with the club three times and hopefully they'll die. They also will use a heavy hitting wind up attack sometimes, try to move backward out of range of it rather than just block it (but still keep your shield up in case they nip you with the tip of your sword, getting staggered is better than getting killed after all) as it hits so hard it will stagger you and then you won't get an attack off and will have to repeat the whole procedure. Move very carefully once you get on the steps so you just draw one skeleton at a time, there are two standing close to eachother near the top.

The first fog door will be after those two skeletons. There are two archers standing above it, so don't stand in one spot for too long (there's also a Talisman of God to your right if you need one -- eg, if you didn't start as a Temple Knight or Priest). Open the fog door and turn immediately to your left and go down the narrow hallway with your shield up, arrows will fire at your face after you hit the switchplate and you'll die if you don't block them. At the end of the short hall make a left onto a cliff face. Once you can touch the sticky outy branch of the tree stop and look to your left. There's a black skeleton there holding two katanas.

The black skeletons are ungodly powerful and will one shot you, sometimes even through your shield even if you're blocking. Your goal here isn't to win the fight, it's to grab the item sitting behind him before he kills you. The best way to do that is to jog toward him with your shield up and when you see him crouch and wind up roll foreward just toward his side. He'll fly over you with a leaping double slash, you run foreward and scoop up the item, and if you have time just jump off the edge of the cliff (the skeleton won't chase you away from that spot) with your awesome new Crescent Falchion. If anything goes wrong during this procedure just start jogging toward the item and try to grab it -- if you can get it before he kills you, even if he kills you while you're still in the picking-it-up animation, you'll still have it with you when you revive. You'll have what you feel like are a lot of souls when you get to the black skeleton (2000 or so, the previous skeletons give a lot of souls) but don't worry about them, get that drat sword first. You can always farm the skeletons later.

What's good about the Crescent Falchion: It's really fast and uses a tiny amount of stamina to swing so you can just get in most enemies faces and swing away and you'll stunlock them before they can hit you -- however this doesn't work against foes with bigger health bars so you still have to be careful against them. It does a lot of magic damage which the skeletons you just faced are weak against and which the miners in Stonefang are weak against. Magic damage also tends to go through shields really well meaning you can now make battles against blue eye knights and their ilk a battle of attrition if you so wish. It slowly heals your magic so you can use spells more freely now. The R2 attack sweeps really low and is great for killing lizards. The rolling R1 attack is almost a 360 degree slash and is great for rolling into a crowd of jerks and killing them (like the crossbow guys sprinkled along the bridge in 1-2). Every class in the game can use it with base stats. It's a superb starting weapon.

The Crescent Falchion will see you through the early hard times until you pick a weapon you like and start upgrading it (and the relevant stat). I know it sounds hard to get but after four or five tries at 4-1 you'll probably get it. Wearing your Thieves Ring, buying a club and using a shield is key to beating the normal skeletons, and not trying to fight the black skeleton is key to surviving the final obstacle long enough to get your Crescent Falchion. One word of warning, though, is that a Crescent Kilij is better than the Falchion in every way (apart from requiring slightly higher stats) so if you fall in love with the Falchion don't spend your moonlight stones on it, wait until you get the kilij (it's just beyond the first fog door in 4-1) and upgrade that instead. Also, if you just like the idea of Crescent you may also want to consider a Crescent Estoc instead (can attack behind a shield, better reach -- generally better suited to the kinds of mages who like crescent weapons because of the magic regen rather than because of the magic damage they do).

After the flachion a common third step is to upgrade a straight sword to Dragon +5 because you'll find all the chunks and pure dragonstones you need by carefully going through 2-2 (have to get into the lava all the way at the bottom of the cave -- wear a flame resistance ring, cast water veil, roll from land, pick it up and expect to get it but to die in your efforts to do so -- repeat x3). This means either going with the Dragon Long Sword you find in 2-2, upgrading a short sword if you will never be able to use the long sword (only an issue for royals), or sneaking in to 1-3 and buying a knight sword from the dregling merchant there for a whopping 20k souls and going with the (it's the strongest of its sort but much more hassle than the other two options). Dragon weapons won't be useful in NG+ because they don't scale, so if you plan to get one get one early and use it early -- it'll be especially useful in worlds four and five and and +5 Dragon weapon will seem like an absolute god send when you first get your hands on it (one shotting a black katana skeleton? yes please). Other popular options are to upgrade your winged spear to a Moon winged spear (buy shards from the singing vendor) which is a really versatile and safe weapon to use, going for a crescent or sharp kilij (the kilij is a really great weapon for PvP), or the ever popular Sharp Uchigatana for characters with high dexterity (or Uchigatana +10 for players who love the move set, and it's a pretty good one, but don't have the dex yet or don't want to mess with farming bladstones which is a loving nightmare), or upgrading a Mirdan Hammer in some way that matches your stats (not a good PvM weapon but probably the most overpowered PvP weapon of all).

=====

What weapons are good to upgrade is another matter. Most weapons classes have a best type. It always has the most range, always does the most damage, and always requires the same stamina to swing each time. If you like a particular weapon from the below list it would be a waste (of varying degrees) to upgrade any but the bolded item past a nominal level unless you only ever plan to have the stats to wield a lesser one:

Parry capable shield family: buckler, heater, kite, knight's*.
Dagger family: dagger, parrying dagger, secret dagger.
Rapier family: mail breaker, rapier, estoc.
Spear family: short spear, winged spear.
Straight sword family: short sword, long sword, knight's sword.
Large sword family: bastard sword, flamberge, claymore**.
Polearm family: halberd, war schythe, mirdan hammer.
Bows: short bow, long bow, compound short bow, compound long bow.
Crossbows: light crossbow, heavy crossbow.
Middle Eastern swords: scimitar, falchion, kilij.

However, the weapon you use needs to fit your planned character. I have a mage character who only has and only ever will have 9 strength. The best weapon for her for the early game is a Short Sword, so for her I upgraded the short sword as best I could (Dragon +5 is the best given her stats). Later, when her magic stat gets high enough I'm going to switch her to a (Crescent) Estoc. Similarly, her 9 strength only allows her to use a buckler which is a real piece of poo poo (doesn't even block 100% of physical) but in serious confrontations I'm using magic anyway so the rest of the time I just have to suffer along with a Buckler +10. Most characters will at least have enough strength to use a heater and almost all melee characters will have enough to use the knight shield (or one of the large shields or dark silver shield which are special items you find along the way) so for them making a +10 Buckler would be insanity.

Likewise, if you have a character with high Dexterity the War Schythe is going to be better than the Mirdan Hammer as the upgrade path that uses dex isn't available on the Mirdan Hammer (you can't make a "Sharp" mirdan hammer but can make a "sharp" war schythe -- the exact same scenario applies to Flamberge/Claymore). The blunt weapons are the only ambiguous ones -- the mace is a little stronger but the morning star does good bleed damage and the two handed weapons that use the blunt animation (Meat Cleaver, Great Axe) are good for different reasons.

It's perfectly okay to upgrade any weapon using Small Shards of Hardstone or Sharpstone, or Large Shards of Hardstone or Sharpstone. All of those can be bought from the Filthy Man (small in 2-1 and large and small in 2-2), and pretty soon you'll figure out the best ways to farm souls to buy them (killing the skeletons in 4-1 or the reaper in 4-2, basically). Be very careful about how you spend Chunks of hard or sharpstone (or any stone) though, only use those on weapons that will be with you forever as they're hard to get. This usually means you can upgrade anything you want to +6 as +7 is usually where chunks start becoming required.

You can also buy Shards of Dragonstone and Clearstone from the Filthy Man (in 2-2, not in 2-1), shards of moonlightstone from the singing vendor in 3-1, faintstone (at a ridiculous 10k a piece) from the Filthy Woman in 5-2, and cloudstone from Blige in 4-2. This means dragon, moon, quality, and blessed weapons are fairly easy to build and other weapons (sharp, crushing, mercury, fatal, tearing) are harder. Shards of darkmoonstone can be easily farmed off of the first reaper in 4-2 making crescent weapons fairly easy to build as well.

The only other proviso I have is that some weapons are easy to get and others are really hard. If you like the winged spear, mirdan hammer, estoc, uchigatana or kilij, for example, you can only expect to find one per playthrough (you can get another in NG+) so pick your upgrade path for it carefully and check the Demon's Souls wiki for where upgrade paths branch off before you start spending too many chunks. On the flipside, you can buy as many claymores or knight swords as you like so you can be much freer in upgrading them as a mistake just means you have to go farm souls for a while to get another one -- killing the reaper four times in 4-2 should get you 20k souls in about three minutes.

*The Dark Silver Shield is better than any of these for almost every situation but you won't get it until you beat 5-3, and if you're new to the game that will probably be the second to last thing you do. The large shields are also really useful and you may want one of those instead. In particular the Purple Flame Shield +10 (don't go for Dark Purple Flame shield it suuuuuuuucks compared to the +10 model) is the best anti-physical shield in the game and the Large Brushwood Shield is the only useable one with 100% fire resistance which is super useful, plus it has almost as good a hit resistance as the purple flame shield which is what makes the PFS so nice in the first place. Both of those are easy to get and the large shields make a particularly great complement to a winged spear or estoc. My casual PvM character uses a Moon Winged Spear and the Large Brushwood Shield 90% of the time. The Tower shield is a loving piece of poo poo as it's so heavy that it means you will only realistically ever be able to use the lightest of armors and weapons and it's basically only a tiny tiny upgrade over the Brushwood shield for all that you lose to equip it. The Adjudicator shield is a terrible shield, but if you use weapons two handed it makes a great accessory, just sitting on your back healing you all the time -- it's also great for 2-3 if you put it in your right hand and use its running attack to bash down the pillars in your way when you're trying to stay out of sight of that rear end in a top hat dragon god.

**If you like the large swords you can get the claymore from the dregling merchant in the tunnels under the bridges in 1-2 for a measly 6000 souls! Compared to all the other "best" weapons it's super easy to get. The claymore is a fantastic PvP weapon but is almost unusable in tight spaces.

raton fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 18, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ConfusedUs posted:

Despite going back to 1-1 to farm souls several times, I haven't yet found the Thieves' Ring. I have the Cling Ring and one that helps stop bleeding. In fact, it wasn't until this latest playthrough that I found Ostrava at all. I had no drat idea that whole area existed.

Like I said, I'm bad at this game.

I did manage to pick up the Winged Spear, and without dying at that. I just lack the strength to use it, since I started out as a thief. I may upgrade that a little.

Go get that thieves ring. It's unquestionably the best pvm item in the game. I literally always have it on unless I'm doing pvp (or for one tiny part of 5-2 where I need to pull enemies from far away because the loving swamp requires that).

Don't farm souls in 1-1. Buy a club and learn how to kill the skeletons in 4-1 instead.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Cephalocidal posted:

I find an empty island with a pile of gold beggar's gear on it. Did that fucker do what I think he did?

Nastier phantoms will also kill your geckos and then kick them off cliffs, and if they see a primevil demon they might do the same to it too. The real Demon's Souls trolling begins here.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

So the easiest way to do this is probably Pure Black in world 2-2 and going after the black phantom there right? Do I need Anti-Magic field like the wiki suggests, or can I get through without it? Also, just die a lot on 2-2 to get pure black?

Homing soul arrow is better than the insanity catalyst because the insanity catalyst cuts your mp in half. Get in in NG+ if you want when you'll have the extra MP and enough in your magic stat for the thing's power to matter. HSA is also quite useful in PVP as no one will come near you when it's up, basically letting you refill your MP when you want.

Anti-Magic field isn't necessary at all, it's only real use is to cheese the cthulu guards in world 3. The Morion Blade on the other hand is a godsend for gecko hunting with a bow (and fun to play around with). Always get the morion blade first IMO, anti-magic is for wussies. Also you can't use AMF in PvP because it creates horrible lag.

Yeah you just die (in body form) a lot in 2-2 to get to pure black. Seven times if you start in pure white. I usually finish world 2 first, then throw my bodies in that world from the other easy to do worlds and then burn a few stones of ephemeral eyes to get it to pure black. Be aware that you should finish all of world 2 first before blackening it because the Dragon Bone Smasher is only available in pure white and it's right at the beginning of the final boss' room (turn left when you can no longer go straight). You probably want to play around with it, plus if you show it to regular Scirvir he gives you a pure Greystone for doing so.

BP Scirvir isn't too hard a fight. The first thing he does is run away and cast a spell that will slowly heal him, so bumrush him and get a good flurry in (I suggest using the Baby's Nail as a switch weapon in your right hand to plague him, then switch back to your real weapon when your stamina runs low and you start backing away). His fireball spell is extremely powerful but if you just back up out of the tunnel (keep your shield up always unless you desperately need stamina to block with, then let it drop for a second to get a quick boost) and move left and right like a slow windshield wiper and he'll miss with it every time unless you stupidly change directions while he's casting. His MP is limited and if you're being careful just wait until he runs out -- at that point he'll start coming at you with his sword. He hits really hard but he also recoils a ton when you block his shots, so it's an easy block-one-two and back off, block-one-two and back off from there on out. All black phantoms will try to heal themselves if they are low on life and you give them too much space, so once he starts getting pretty hurt you're going to have to turn the pressure up a bit. It's also quite possible to just go toe to toe with him if you're confident in your ability to roll to the side when he starts casting at you. It's always his fireballs that will get you.

The Baroness posted:

You went to the Nexus. That makes the tendency change.

Going to the Nexus doesn't change the tendency on its own, however if you've done an action that would lighten or darken the world the changed won't take effect until you either go to the nexus and come back or load your game through the menu.

Loading your game through the menu, however, will in itself change world tendency if you're playing online. Each time you load the game the tendency in all of your worlds shifts toward the server average (which is always fairly white, but not pure white). So if you kill a boss one step away from pure white, then go back to the nexus and come back in to the world the world will be pure white. If you then decided for whatever reason to reload your profile (maybe you're killing lizards but you should do that in pure black to get more stones... whatever, it's the only reason to load I can think of) the world will immediately shift toward the server average and you will lose pure white. You can exploit this a bit if you wish -- when starting a new character, after you beat 1-1 and talk to the monumental just sit in the nexus and load your profile four or five times. The next boss you kill in any world will probably shift that world to pure white, so you get there sooner (normally you would have to kill two bosses).

Also many events take place not at pure black or pure white but one step away from either. I don't know if the ladder is one of those or not (don't think so though, think it's a pure white one).

raton fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 19, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

Aren't the movesets for the great axe and the meat cleaver identical? I think the meat cleaver has better damage doesn't it?

The cleaver only does more if you have a lot of strength and dex. Most characters have one or the other. The great axe can also be improved with faint stone for the hp regen which is one of the main reasons to go for a faith build to begin with. Cleaver has more range, yes, but then it also bangs into ceilings and walls a lot and the real move to use from that set is the rolling two handed r1 which is identical between the two.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pornographic Memory posted:

I'm new to the PVP in this game. It's not bad etiquette to stun lock a dude with a dragon longsword and then backstab him to death right? Dude had full Brushwood Armor among other things while I'm only going through 3-1 after clearing world 4. Felt good though.

Like everything in Demon's Souls the more :black101: you do things the better it feels. Dragon weapons will be hugely overpowered compared to anything your foes happen to have with them. they do have their body, though, plus possibly a few blue phantoms, so how much of a lead you give yourself in gear is up to you.

Many of the people you invade will try to fight you like you were a monster and that just won't work. The first thing you learn about Demon's Souls is to be careful and that nothing is as useful as your shield. The first thing you learn about PvP is that you have to be aggressive (humans are all really proficient at healing the second they get space) and that you most useful resource is your stamina bar. If they swing too many times or roll too many times you have an immediate advantage you have to press. Shield use usually drains more stamina than rolling (human foes hit harder than most monsters and don't let up when you stagger...) so often it's better to just two hand your weapon and roll around judiciously than to turtle up.

This philosophy carries over into the gear people choose. Full brushwood and a shield up almost always means they don't know what they're doing, bait him into missing a few attacks to waste his stamina, jump him, he'll stagger, he'll die. Light amour plus two handing a good weapon means you're in for a fight. It's all about that stamina bar, unless, of course, you're fighting a mage.

raton fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 20, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

low-key-taco posted:

I've been fooling around with the claymore trying to decide which weapon I'm going to upgrade to blessed but the timing on the attacks feels off to me. I think I'm just too used to quicker weapons. Knight's sword feels like a longsword with a better reach and a slight better rolling R1 attack so I think I'm going with it.

If I killed all the bosses, had no body deaths, but am still at just white tendency on T3, I just got screwed by the online balancing effect didn't I? From the wiki it looks like the only thing I can do is use the soul to get the rez spell and rez blue phantoms. Does that work?

The only thing you can do to get to pure white is trickery like was mentioned above (glitching the primeval demons, which also nets you bonus colorless souls, so it's not all bad).

If there's something I want from a world in PWWT I play offline until I get it.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Leave the red eye guy alone. All he guards is a door to you don't have the key for yet. The fog door guarded by the blue eye guy is the way forward, but the tower past the blue eye knight leads down to a shortcut that will cut out a lot of redoing for you once you get it open so run down there first.

Soul level is a way to keep track of and equalize pvp matchups. Some starting characters have more aggregate stats than others (and some have better equipment) and to equalize them they start at higher soul level. The character with the lowest aggregated stats when starting (royal) starts at soul level one with some pretty sweet equipment, the character with the highest soul level (has a lot of innate strength) starts naked with a club. Things all equalize in the long run, though.

The order you do the worlds in doesn't matter, except you are required to do the world you are doing first. I suggest doing world 1-1, then the next part of that world (1-2), then grabbing some easy to get items from other worlds without actually beating them (google for crescent falchion, blessed mace, and black leather armor) and then doing all of world two, which starts with stonefang mine.

raton fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 23, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think the Solider is the best overall starting class for beginners because he starts with a spear and a sword and you can try both of those out that way. After that is probably Royal because you start out with an okay weapon (seems like it sucks at first but once you get used to it it's very serviceable) and an mp regen ring which is great because they also start out with a cheap to cast and very effective spell.

The temple knight is a fairly bad beginning choice as his heavy armor makes for slow rolling (gotta strip him down to just pants...) and the halberd is terrible one handed which means you can't really make use of that pretty good shield he starts with. The priest is like a lovely temple knight, the magician is a like a royal without the MP regen and is probably the hardest one to begin with. Barbarian would also be kinda gross because his shield is trash and he has no armor and his weapon has poo poo range.

However, the character you choose at the beginning only matters until you finish 1-1 (or at least get to the first vendor in 1-1) as that's the point where you can then level him up however you wish. The starting stats will only matter if you decide to make a min/maxed PvP character, but if you're doing that you're probably going to have to start over from scratch no matter what you did your first time through.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

low-key-taco posted:

I wish you could respec easier than suiciding as a black phantom especially now that psn is down. My dudes a little under 100 sl and I really wince at some of the useless stats now that every level is a stupid amount of souls.

Get a buddy to soulsuck you real good mmmmmmmm yeahhhhhhhh

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sumadartson posted:

Pick up the bastard sword that's near the point where they kick the rolling bolder down towards you. After the boulder has stopped, follow its path and you'll drop down to the bastard sword. 2-hand it and smash everything. Also, you can buy a shield from the smith in the Nexus and a long sword from 'hidden' salesman halfway through the level.

Barbarian should get the Crushing Battle Axe +1 from the beginning of Stonefang IMO (it's upstairs on the platform the jerks are throwing rocks at you from), though for Stonefang the axe won't be great as you really want something with magic or pierce damage for the miners.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
My pure mage's targets:

[code]
Starting character
===================
Royal, of course, and a female has some advantages over a male for this build (binded gear is the main one and early access to the old raggedy armor is a small bonus) and I think this is identical to someone's build on the wiki. I got it from there, made one mage, made some changes, deleted that mage, reshuffled some stats, made another mage, and I may have possibly reshuffled them back to where they started.

Stats
======
V: 40
W: 40
E: 17
S: 9
D: base
M: 40
F: 40
L: base

40 will is for the extra magic slot rather than the extra mana. Stepping this down to 30 is a real option to get enough strength for steel sheild and crescent kilij / maybe a crescent katana / something (dragon? blessed? moon?) mirdan hammer. 17 endurance is enough to roll around on and cast with, not enough to enguage in melee much. Magic and faith are maxed to get the most damage out of spells using the Talisman of Beasts (it has a hidden bonus from faith). You could also step magic and faith down (to 36 each as a limit, that way you still get your four miracle slots) or vitality to be able to use a PFS or have more endurance.

Equipment
===========

PVP
=====
L: Talisman of Beasts / Dark Silver Shield
R: Kris blade / Storm ruler

Armor: Monk's collar, Rogues shirt, Binded gloves, Binded legs

Spells: There are lots of workable combinations. I use Fireball plus whatever else. People try to roll under fireballs usually so once you start casting it you disengage lock, press down on the right target stick, and toss it basically at your feet and they roll into it instead of under it. I'd suggest getting Fireball before Firestorm for this and because Fireball is an important spell to have for world five given that you're little mage can't fight that well, plus you'll be able to ace the Dragon God early in NG+ to get Firestorm. If you want Wrath as well, hey, that's three playthroughs for you. Gives you something to look foreward to at least :saddowns:

Ring: Same poo poo as always for PvP basically

The ToB is obvious and with 40M and 40F it will do more damage than the insanity catalyst pretty much ever could, I think even with 99 magic. The Dark Silver Shield only comes out when the ToB and spells don't get reduced that way, it's brought out when you're out of MP and have to run around and try to eat things -- mostly because it provides passive magic defense. This build doesn't have the stats to use it so if you actually blocked with it you'd just die most of the time. Storm ruler knocks anything it hits with a horizontal swipe down every time. This can be used for the ultracheesy knockdown + firestorm combo, but I just use it for breathing room when I need it. Practice pushing with the kris blade, it's better than hitting with it and sometimes you can push and then catch them with ignite.

PVM
=====
L: Talisman of Beasts / Buckler +10 / Dark Buckler +whatever
R: Kris blade / Crescent Estoc (and early on Dragon Short Sword +5)

Other gear is the same but you can take off the ugly as poo poo monk's collar and wear a silver circlet instead. The buckler sucks but it's the best you can do, the Dark Buckler is only useful in world 3-2, but if you charge the laser beam jerks and stand under their left arms they can't quite get you with their laser (usually) so you could just skip it. For any monster that's a real threat you'll be in full magic mode anyway, so having a crap shield isn't so bad in the end. Thief's ring is a must, the other one will probably be a cling ring or a ring of magical sharpness or a fragrant ring early on.

Progression
===========
1-1: Royal = win button for 1-1, stab everything in the rear end that you can and anything scary just shoot it to death.
4-1 partial: Just getting the Talisman of God and Crescent Falchion, please don't mind me
1-2: Want that wooden catalyst, might off Tower Knight because vs. Soul Arrow he's a chump and we can probably go get binded up after that
-or-
2-1, 2-2, 2-3: Nabbing the kris, grubbing up dragon stone, trying to get pure white over with so we can start blackening things up
2-1: Hey Ed, please make me one Dragon Short Sword +5.
3-1: Black leather would be nice, put an Estoc in your pocket, and meet your PvM wife: Soul Ray
The rest is up to you. If you have enough eyestones to get world 2 to pure black you could do that, but it's better to just pump magic and stick with the wooden catalyst for now (because having a high magic stat will let you switch to the Crestoc sooner and it's a lot better than the stubby little short sword that also happens to look exactly like your kris and confuse you sometimes).

Oh and BTW I went to delevel the faith guy I'm building today and hey jolly gee the PSN has apparently given up on life like that blue glowing fucker in the Nexus.

raton fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 26, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Don't go for the lava bow. Why the gently caress would a mage need a bow? You can use a lovely short bow to pull then pull out fireball or whatever.

Second chance is flat out better than warding. Don't have to cast it all the time, effectively protects against magic and fire instead of just physical, doesn't use up precious magic slots. gently caress warding.

I'd highly recommend a crescent estoc for pvm. It rules. I just do without a decent shield with my mage, but if I wanted one if get strength to 15 only and use a knight shield +10, which is a really great shield (only four percent less hitres than the purple flame AND it can parry, mages riposte with ignite by the way). Your other option would be 18 strength to use kris plus left hand crescent or moon uchi for pvp or steel shield plus right hand uchi for pvm. Steel shield is loving awesome btw, it's a purple flame shield with 20 percent less fire res and better looks.

raton fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 26, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

doomfunk posted:

My low-level run hit a roadblock in the Maneaters.

I have just enough in my stats to use the Meat Cleaver two-handed, so I'm pretty much gonna say gently caress it and chop them to bits.

Bring three or four pots of turpentine and light that poo poo up. Try to stay near the brazier as much as you can because there's room to roll up there and the brazier blocks some of their spells. Be aggressive early so hopefully you can fight them one at a time, your time is short before number two shows up.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Emron posted:

Okay, all of those suggestions make sense. In that case, I might just stick with my heater shield (buffed all the way up), use a lovely bow for pulling/grinding the reaper, get vit to 20, end to 30, faith to 18, then everything else in magic/int. I hadn't realized that warding was phys only, that's kind of lovely compared to second chance.

So, thinking about the changes this would put on the build, I'd probably run

RH: crescent/moon something or other
RH2: talisman of beasts (or wooden catalyst until I get the talisman)

LH1: heater shield
LH2: lovely bow

later on, when shields mean gently caress all for a mage, I'll switch the shield out for the insanity catalyst or something. As another question, what would the quickest way be to get the talisman? Just get 2-2 to black WT and kill scirvir?

You have to choose between the talisman or the icat early because they require different stats to be effective.

The icat only requires a high magic stat, faith doesn't help it at all so you would only get enough faith to have two miracle slots for second chance ( or for evacuate plus heal or whatever in pvm). You would probably take magic to 50 with the faith you save, but it might be better to just go for more endurance (you need at least 30 to melee at all in pvp, if you plan to uchi stunlock 40 is required even at the cost of only having 30 vit). In short, icat is better for spellsword builds, but you really suffer for it with the half mp. Five fireballs with a firestorm in reserve is a different deal than five fireballs and oh poo poo time to munch spice.

The tob allows convenience (don't have to switch out to renew second chance if they crack it) and is more powerful than the icat, but ONLY if you level up faith AND magic, so the extra power also requires more investment. As a bonus you get free miracle slots and okay magic resistance (with all that faith it should be great but all of the plus magic damage gear also makes you more vulnerable to magic...).

I highly suggest you just build an icat-esq build at first that uses near base stats and a small dragon sword to get by, play around pvp along the way, and once you hit a decision point (sl 80 or 90) choose whether you really need the halfassed weapon (more like 3/4 assed as far as effectiveness goes) or can manage better with a bit more magic power and a lot more mana. In the same vein, I'd suggest using base str and dex and a buckler +whatever (6 to save chunks and a pure, 9 to save a pure, 10 if you don't mind possibly farming hard stone later) a dragon short sword +5 until then, you'll do fine with that. Flamelurker is the only real hurdle going this route and you have a mage here so even he shouldn't be an issue.

Edit one: oops double post

Edit two: mages don't farm the reaper. They annihilate storm beats in 4-3. Or they soulsuck black phantom katana skeletons. And if you insist on farming the stupid reaper you can just run along the left catwalk, jog off the projection at the wall at the back to drop down in the far corner (if you sprint you bounce off the far wall and land close enough to the reaper for him to notice you, jog and land on that pot and he won't) then bum rush him and kill however, I'd suggest any of the three strong fire spells. Also, when farming the reaper even a dragon short sword +5 will chump him, and it's way faster to run off the cliff and die when farming him (and to then grab your blood stain on the next loop) because that cuts out a loading screen.

raton fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 26, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ulio posted:

I have around 30 intelligence which comes around 200 something mana, I am thinking of pumping that up and then going with as much as magic I can.

Get it to 40 but stop there, you get your last magic slot at that point. You should really concentrate on getting your vitality up after that. All stats have diminishing returns built in; taking magic from 15 to 30 will see a huge increase in damage. From 70 to 85 will be so small that it's almost unnoticeable.

This, coincidentally, is why sl120 is the normal level for pvp. 120 points plus your starting stats is enough to get three key stats to near 40, which is the point where returns start getting stupidly small, and most builds need almost exactly three maxed stats (endurance, vitality, damage -- mages don't need the endurance so much but also don't automatically meet the requirements for some decent weapon just by building their damage stat or stats).

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mumblyfish posted:

Looking at your world tendency indicator, if it were pure white it would be glowing fiercely white, to the point that almost all of the detail on the statuette is blown out. Yes, the statuette indicator's terrible. The best way to keep track of it is to use your own brain-meats.

If you lose track the best way to tell is that a pure white arch stone always has a pink hue in the middle while off white doesn't. Theres no such trick for black. IMO they should have added sparkles for pure white and occasional streaks of lightning for pure black.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ulio posted:

Ok thanks it does get pretty obvious that 70 magic and 75 magic aren't much different. I might go for vitality since going into ng+ with low health isn't ideal.

So I thought leaving magic at 70 and getting an insanity catalyst(also wearing ring of magical sharpness), would getting my mana halved be worth for the increase in spell power? I only use soul ray and flame toss as attacking spells(I don't have homing).

IMO if you could wind back the clock and put magic at 50 and that other 20 into vit you'd be better off, but eh, so long as you're doing PvM you'll be okay anyway. After you die a bit. Going for vitality now would probably be more useful for you than an extra magic slot if your vit is still under 20 or whatever.

If your faith is still very low and you're using spells that don't use a lot of mana the insanity catalyst would be quite a boon. Homing Soul Arrow, on the other hand, is without a doubt the strongest PvM spell.

What did you spend your other monk's soul on? Thirst I guess?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Holy gently caress will they just fix the PSN already or what. Just want to delevel my Faith build and the goddamn Katamari game is too hard (to get a perfect score at).

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mumblyfish posted:

But you're also fully equipped to deal with NG+ right off the bat, and absurdly overpowered if you spent your boss souls correctly. I've always found NG+ to be significantly easier than the first run through, and have been a little confused at all the "Real Demon's Souls starts here!" palaver when someone first defeats King Allant.

If you're a character who has worked hard on upgrading a purple flame shield or especially a large brushwood shield I can see this, otherwise....

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pope Mobile posted:

I've almost completed my first game. I'm around SL 90 and running a Purple Flame Shield +5, Demonbrandt, Old King's Armor to where I can still roll around (chest, legs & feet) and an Official's Cap.
The only area I have left is 1-4, but I can't get past the blue dragon.
I've got a white bow and a sticky compound longbow +2. I get him down to 50%, but when I try to run past his flame on the stairs, I die every time. (Also, I plan on killing him).
Even with full armor (either Brushwood or Dark Silver) Cling Ring & Ring of Flame Resistance, he kills me in one hit.*
I read that he shoots left to right and vice versa, but I still get hit.
*Just realized while typing this that I've been forgetting to use Water Veil the entire time...

On another note. If I plan on doing PvE, is the BBS a good weapon to use? I like Demonbrandt's damage, but I'd prefer a faster attack.
My stats are all over the place, and I don't even have them set to where I can wield it.
I'm not at home, but I think I mostly boosted my Str, Vit, Dex & End. Not reading any character build guides, I wasn't really sure on what I specifically wanted or what to dump souls into.

Both soulbrant and blueblood can be great weapons. Both are also a little peculiar.

What makes soulbrant good is that its huge damage is stat independent, so long as you meet the minimums to weild it. For pvp this makes it a good backup weapon for builds that meet the stat requirements, or, if you use it as a main weapon, allows for "vit gouged" where you basically get the minimum for soulbrant, then 40 end, then dump everything else into vitality which gives you a massive hp bar and makes you very hard to kill. The bad part about it is that it has poo poo range -- everything else that swings that slowly has a lot more reach. It's also annoying to just go through the game with sometimes as you'll do things that make your character tendency flutter off of either pure white or pure black and its damage suffers quite a bit when that happens.

The blueblood sword is, in many ways, exactly the opposite. It's fast, when used in two hands it has great stunlock, and for its speed nothing has more reach. However, to get really high damage out of it you need to be careful with your stats (and would want to plan to be able to use light or curse weapon as well). Blueblood draws on several stats in different ways (including luck!) so if you plan to use it you should start out with a build on a scrap of paper IMO.

Given that you already have the stats to use a purple flame shield you'll probably get more for your money by sticking with soulbrant, which allows for spraddled stats and will out damage a bbs for that character probably for ever, despite its slower speed. In pvm none of the above is really a concern and you can just use whatever feels best, but if pvp is part of your interest be aware that the bbs is fairly picky about your ideal stats.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Brushwood sucks, don't feel bad. Get yourself the black leather armor in 3-1 and a nice shield, later you can upgrade to the binded set if female or the ancient kings set if male. The best heavy armor is either gloom or dark silver anyway but the ones I listed first are just better for 99% of characters because they let you use almost any other shields or weapons you like and still have the fast roll, which is vital. Also every time you improve ANY stat you get more physical defense, so later on you armor is only relevant if it has a stamina regen penalty attached, and its the heavier armors that have lots of that.

raton fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 7, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

StringOfLetters posted:

It will be in the game, but only unlocked several hours into the game by a confusing mechanism that isn't documented anywhere, or advertised online. That way when you are first invaded, you'll be all shocked and surprised, like, "What? People can do that?" and then you'll die in one hit when a guy jumps out of a tree onto your head with a cleaver.

The binded set is actually pretty crappy for how heavy it is. I've found that actual regular Leather Armor is some of the best to wear - you don't find it anywhere, but you can buy it from Graverobber Bilge, the guy who's locked up in 4-1 then migrates to 4-2. Each piece is less than a thousand soulbucks, it gives you more armor per piece than black leather, weighs little enough that you won't notice it, and it doesn't look stupid, except for the hat.

But, except for the hat, all leather armor had a small stamina penalty while binded has none. Also with 40 stamina you usually have enough free endurance to wear mostly binded and use even really heavy armor. Most of my characters are female and my usual gear is binded legs and feet, rogues chest, and black leather mask (assassins mask) or silver circlet because none of that gear hurts my stamina and none of it looks lovely. It also happens to provide pretty good defense.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I mostly like the black leather because it looks fine and is super light. The amount of protection it provides for its weight is stupidly high (I did some math one time and black leather is about 24 points of armor per unit of weight, the nearest one to it is like 14 per unit or something, although I didn't do the numbers for leather) and the anti-poison stuff is just a little bonus. Plus it's free and pretty easy to get (if you can get past a few cthulu guards).

Heavier armor, for the record, is usually around three to four points of armor per unit of weight. I prefer gloom armor over dark silver because it provides decent plague/poison resistance which is useful in the one time in the game when you can't roll anyway (the loving swamp) but I almost never wear heavy armor so I don't really have a strong opinion there.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ErIog posted:

All this talk of armor is almost kind of moot because 2 hits from almost anything is going to kill most characters in any sort of NG+ situation armor or no. Eventually I just decided on wearing what I thought looked coolest for my character except for some really situational things like wielding a Purple Flame Shield against Flamelurker instead of my usual Dark Silver Shield.

Or from most pvp builds, which is why zero stamina drain (and being light enough to maintain a fast roll with whatever you endurance is / is going to be) is the most important factor for armor.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

VerySolidSnake posted:

I'm pretty sure Penetrator is impossible using a sword and shield without warding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNCWNqNRVWY

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have a lot of trouble with Garl Vinland sometimes too because he can parry your attacks and then ripostes you. If he doesn't parry I can wear him down, but sometimes he just decides he wants you to start over from scratch. Of course, I've read before that stringing too many attacks together is what causes him to parry but as far as I can tell it's random. So long as you're using a lightish weapon he'll attempt to parry you sometimes (he doesn't try to parry the dragon bone smasher or meat cleaver, but I don't want to cheese him because he's a pretty standup guy).

notZaar posted:

Dragon God is basically just 3 button presses

I died a lot on dragon god until I figured out:

1) you have to pay attention to where he's looking and only start your mad dashes when he's looking away
2) Two handing any largeish sword (like the lovely old bastard sword) handed will break the columns in your way in one shot, however
3) Putting a large shield (Adjudicator can be used this way even for a level 1 royal) in your right hand lets you do a running shove attack with R1 that will always smash the columns in one shot and keep you moving foreward and is the best solution to that level

Keep in mind that that first gecko before the whole hidey/smashey poo poo starts drops hardstone chunks and pures...

raton fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 9, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Koops posted:

Congratulations on an unconventional victory! Now go back and search the area.

Oh you mean Storm Ruler is the gimmick? I thought the pussy house was the gimmick.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like traps, I like fighting monsters :(

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Cephalocidal posted:

I'm sure you'll get plenty of both. Maybe a frenzied dog-thing with a bonfire for a back that spends most of its time sleeping in safe-looking areas.

That trailer had blades swinging from the ceiling. The only thing gayer than blades swinging from the ceiling is a slippery ice level with missing railings.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

I'm really happy to hear that Armor upgrading is present now, because it should actually make their intended "role play as what you want to be seen as" idea work better. If I wanna be a cool knight and get an outfit exactly like how I want, upgrading it to be viable in the face of better looted armor is something that really helps.

What is the best way to grind pure armor stones, I need eight more...

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Beans posted:

Wow, I haven't felt this retarded trying to use something on a computer in a long time. The little walkthrough was missing a few things like what tab they were on ect.

Here is how to do it using the Firebug extension for firefox:
-download and install Firebug duh restart firefox and go to the website and put in your birthdate
-right click anywhere on the page and do "Inspect Element", this brings up the Firebug toolbar on the bottom
-There are 6 main tabs for the tool bar starting with Console and ending with Net, you need to make sure the HTML and DOM tabs are active. Mine did not have DOM active to begin with, so go to the DOM tab and enable it. Then refresh the website.
-Under the DOM tab search for an entry called mg. Expand it's entry, then expand settings, and then expand solve key.
-This is the order you need to press the buttons. Just write it on a piece of paper.

To find what button is labeled what go to the HTML tab and search for gly-29. Here it will highlight the buttons when you cursor over its name in the HTML mess. Use the answer key and just cursor over each entry to highlight then click it. Ever 4-5 a popup will happen, just click ok and go on to the next number.

If you hosed up and got locked out, just erase your cookies. In firefox you can just erase your last hour cookies so you don't have to relog into a bunch of poo poo.

This is the best you are the best

Got it on the first try :q:

Captain Beans posted:

I confess I looked up cheese strats for old king and new king because I wanted to make a lowbie griefer with cool poo poo and I had no idea you could just de-level. Jokes on me, I already had used those souls for other poo poo so I couldn't get any of those bullshit cloud spells. Took me about 8 hours to kill the old king at level 25. Took about 3 hours to bash old king around with stormruler and down that sweet long fall in the tower. poo poo was like trying to herd cats.

I just had to poison cloud him. My best weapon (Dragon Mirdan +5) was doing about 60 damage on a loving double handed backstab. Got his poo poo and I don't have enough endurance to use it yet, but hey, at least I got to hear his blood curdling death yodel.

Now someone tell me how preorder works. I click on it, then on Amazon, but I can't tell if that's the deluxe edition or not. Are you guys sure you get the deluxe edition for pre-ordering?

raton fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 12, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

bewilderment posted:

Honestly I found Mind Flayers to be one of the easier enemies in the game as long as you are aware your environment. Like, very very aware.

Wait for them to come towards you. Make a loud noise by running towards them. Roll to the side, then go to town!
But this only works if you can kill them right away, others you'll need to make a second, more difficult roll.

I find it easiest to just watch them on patrol and when they turn their back to walk away I bumrush them and start wailing on them. Keep in mind that they're very strong vs. magic and stick with a weapon that does fire and/or physical damage (dragon weapons are perfect) and you'll do fine.

If you have a meat cleaver the R2 attack will knock them on their face over and over, usually until they die. If you don't have a meat cleaver you can get something similar done with the great club you can find in Stonefang Tunnels if you made it across that one collapsing plank, or with the Great Axe you can find in the large chamber in 2-2.

Captain Beans posted:

Open it up and it plays a sound of the pressure plate and 3 arrows being shot

And a small needle pops out and stabs you in the meaty part of your thumb (unless you knew about that ahead of time and had equipped leather gloves in order to deal with it).

raton fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 12, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Read this one it's a lot better.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Beans posted:

Welp time to preorder my first deluxe/collectors edition, any game that allows you to hide as a broom is incredible on that thought alone. I don't know if I should make a broom or barrel focused character though...perhaps a stump.

Maybe that code I got unlocks the cardboard box.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

YorexTheMad posted:

It's kind of a side note to what the meat of the article is about, but this news article indicates that they're shooting for an October 11 release date.

A tuesday? I guess it isn't a movie so whatever. Is that a normal day to release a game on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If you run towards the ghosts and jam into their left side as much as you can (your right) the laser won't hit you, even though it looks like it will. It's easier though to just use the Adjudicator shield, calmly take one shot on it (you'll lose some life but not all) and then take it out. They regenerate quickly until you kill their reaper so get moving after you ace one...

Pornographic Memory posted:

:aaa:

I never made that connection before. But who's the one with the bow

Save Ostrava in 1-3, then go back to the nexus and talk to him for the details. It's something like " King Allant had a round table of bold knights. Vallarfax and Biorr of the twin fangs, Metas of the lance, Alfred of the shield, and the tribesmen of the long bow with their leader Oolan."

Doesn't match up perfectly, but it's still pretty cool.

raton fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 13, 2011

• Locked thread