Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My copy arrived in the mail the other day. I've been playing it for a few hours at a time, and just managed to beat Phalanx. I'm already finding it hard, this is going to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I killed the red eyed knight.. AHAHAHAHA YES! (don't give a poo poo is this is easy for most people, this was tricky as gently caress for me and I am happy!)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Luisfe posted:

How did you kill him? Meleed him? CHeesed him with projectiles?

Soul Arrow spammed him to death :D I had to restart due to playing on the wrong ps3 account, choosing Royal this time instead of Soldier. Holy gently caress is magic powerful, 1-1 is a breeze now.
It still was tricky though, I had to lead him around and he still almost ran me through with that drat spear.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just went through 2-1 without dying and beat the spider on my royal. Not quite sure what to do next, decided to try another class while I decide. Went female Soldier and breezed through 1-1 (didn't try to beat the red eyed knight hehe), was a lot different than a magic user, even more challenging. Trying out the spearfighter idea in the wiki, but I think having a shield out is a must for a long time. Went back to 1-1 to gently caress around and I noticed the way to Miralda was open. I hadn't fought her with my royal, so i said what the hey and attempted to beat her up with my new lvl 12 Soldier. I kicked her rear end first try, it was so much fun! She played almost like a human, with her lightning fast rolls and counters, I laughed aloud several times at how good she was. Now I am wearing her clothing since I like rolling and it fits. Threw the brushwood poo poo in the bank in case I want it later. Demon's Souls is fun :)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Garin that is very :3

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've been throwing my cloudstone away, just too much of it. Farming mantas is dead easy too, I managed to raise a whole wack of levels while watching the film Groundhog Day yesterday.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've never been invaded by a black phantom and I'm alive the majority of the time.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm about level 80 now. Also I now understand the bitching about 5-2.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've found the best thing to do is wear light armour that gives good poison/fire/plague resistance and try not to get hit as much by poo poo.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I believe it is the valentines day event maybe?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Does this mean I'm a genius for finding it right away?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So am I normal and they're just dumbos?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The BWT or whatevs still hasn't hit me yet, I wonder why. So I died fighting BP Garl Vinland, am I poo poo out of luck for trying again to get Brandt and his crest?

protip: When getting a very strong enemy down to a sliver of health, don't showboat for no goddamn reason. You will die.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You guys still don't have this game? Wow what the gently caress is wrong with Europa/Oceania?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The dragons, yes.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Then he gets a couple of creepy invisible surprises!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just finished DS2 and i thought i'd give this a go. Ahahah magic is so OP!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
A PS5 exclusive!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I love DS2.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The maneater fight is probably the hardest fight in DeS, and I'd say in the top 5 for all the games (I haven't played DS3 yet). I had a hell of a time getting past them last time I played.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I decided to fire this back up on a whim. I've done easy mage builds and fun dexxer or strength builds. Today I have started a faith build and everything seems harder than I remember it being. Valley of defilement can gently caress right off as usual.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Dark souls 2 has Bruce Lee inspired fist melee pvp. Dark Soul2 automatically can't be bad because of this.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mr E posted:

I'm bringing back this thread to see if anyone happens to have a Pure Darkmoonstone that they could drop for me. It's all I need stone wise to be able to finish up the platinum by the end of this playthrough, and I ran out of lizards to kill in 4-2/4-3.

Possibly. What platform?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
No, I'm just an idiot. Let is discuss how to meet in game and I might be able to help you my friend.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
5-1 kills me more than any boss. Just the level itself.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Demons Souls always felt like a 1 player game to me. Much more than the others.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't want to buy a PS4 just for bloodborne and demons souls! Grrrrr!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This is the dumbest argument in games.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I played this game from release to now and I never had anyone actually invade during Old Monk. Lame.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This is making me sad.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Max Wilco posted:

Apologies for the double-post, but I was curious if anybody's ever tried doing the duping glitch/trick. I'm watching LobosJr's emulator playthrough (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4uGXmWom-M&t=6087s), and he showed it off. Is it hard do, or is there any risk involved? I thought about trying it to get some of harder to collect upgrade materials.

I duped the last time I playes and it was fine. Easy to do and no issues that I can recall besides making the game a bit easier.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
They dont want your 60 bucks for a game, they want your 400 dollars for a system. It sucks. Blah blah theyre free to do so, their game etc. Still sucks as Im PC only now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Why did the author even open their mouth? This could have been 'Demon's Souls is dead and I never played it' and saved everyone a little time.

• Locked thread