Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Policenaut posted:

Okay, can someone tell me where the Rune Sword is in 3-2? I can't go and kill the Black Phantom Ostrava because I'm at the very end of the game and he doesn't show up anymore because of it (that and I don't want to spend like 6 hours getting the Tendancy to Black in World 1)

The wiki says "side of the Boss' tower" but I have no clue where that is.
Spawn at the start of the level. go forward until you enter the big tower where you can go either left up some stairs or right. Choose right. Run until you reach the exit where there is a stair going down to your right or a little platform in front of you. Go to the edge of this platform. Do a 180. The item you see above you on the side of the tower is the rune sword and shield.

To get to it, re-enter the tower. Walk past the opening you used to enter the first time. Climb the stairs. Once you reach the top of the stairs (but before you climb the Maneater stairs) start to investigate where you could drop down. I don't remember the spot exactly, sorry, but by now you should be able to find it by yourself.

Dantes fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Mar 29, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

McCoy Pauley posted:

Quick 3-1 question -- how do I get past this giant crossbow tower?

EDIT: Or maybe more to the point, where do I get the Jailer's Key? Sounds like it's supposed to be down on the 1st floor, but I'm not seeing it, and haven't yet picked it up.b
I'm afraid you will have to go play with the giant the crossbow. I think the key is the first and only item you can reach safely in its field of fire.

Dantes fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 29, 2009

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

Thieves in this are more of the "I can dodge any attack you throw at me, get around to your weak spot, and kill you in one strike" variety. At least, that's how I play mine. Sure, you only need to hit me once with that bigass hammer, but the problem is, you have to hit me with it.
There are no classes in this game. Sometime I give my character a full plate and a great sword and I just destroy everything in sight, sometime I give her less armor an estoc and a parrying dagger and I backstab/counter everything. Thinking of the game with character classes is just reducing the amount of options that are available to you.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Raptop posted:

Got my copy from NCSX and it just arrived today.

SO,... in 1-1 is that first guy with the glowing red eyes and the spear supposed to be a unstoppable one-hit kill or can he actually be parried somehow?
Unless you shoot an arrow or a magic, run away and return for a second one when he don't look you shouldn't fight it yet. Beside you can't open the door behind it yet.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Tortolia posted:

Good stuff.
Dude (dood ?) you have no idea yet :)

On another subject, I'm building my first magic user to go through the game. I did all of world 2 and 1-3 up to the boss door so I got a lot of boss soul and access to Freke and Yuria. Which spells should I buy in the first run through the game ?

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

LoG posted:

gently caress this game in its stupid loving rear end in a top hat. I was expecting a hard game but this is just ridiculous. I'll probably be putting it up in SA Mart soon.
Why did you post that ? You don't say where you're stuck so we can't help you and the rest of us like the game so we won't sympathize with you.

Tell us what boss and we'll help you get to speed.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Jimbot posted:

Wow-wee, past the regular hump, farming souls in 5-2 is goddamn crazy easy.
4-2 right ?

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Tortolia posted:

Liked the ending, though I went with what was presumably the good ending.
Ending spoiler C'mon how did you resist the temptation of stabbing the maiden in the back ? My boot walking on her skull to go to the old one was the best part of the game :)

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Shalinor posted:

Also keep in mind that this game isn't necessarily meant to be played in the order of 1-1->1-2->... - instead, do 1-1, then do 2-1, then do 3-1, and so on, then go back to 2-2 after you've done the others, more or less.
And you don't have to kill the boss on your first run either. Looting all the x-1 levels, turning back to go home when you reach the fog door to the boss, will give you a several interesting weapons and a lot of souls to invest in your character. The best is that no matter which stat you will raise, your defense will also increase so the bosses will be a breeze.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
What do you guys do with things like "whatever hero soul" and "whatever soldier soul" ? For all I know you can use them to get more souls and that's it ?

If it's the way you also use them, what makes you decide to use them ? They give so little compared to a farming run on 4-2 that they seems pointless.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

acksplode posted:

Ok, either world tendency is buggy as hell or it's just meant to be nondeterministic. I check world tendency again to confirm that I've been screwed out of the item, and...it's still pure white.
WT and CT update themselves when you go back to the nexus. If you die in body form in a pure white you are not screwed unless you go back home.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Roadtard posted:

Your CT updates instantly. Kill a friendly NPC then equip Demonbrandt and you'll see.
Maybe CT does, but I am positive that WT don't unless you leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
Black phantom Selen is a cheating bitch who can cast healing magic while she have anti magic active on her.

I hate her !

• Locked thread