Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vallens
Jan 27, 2004

Get back in line you drunken fool!

Robiben posted:

You can actually do this. Just today i helped a guy defeat Flamelurker when i had already defeated him in my game. He went down so quick. :)

Awesome OP regardless. It has reminded me how good it is and now i am looking forward to playing it when i get home!

You are misunderstanding. Once you beat the boss, others cannot join YOUR game in that area. You however are free to join someone elses game to help them tackle the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vallens
Jan 27, 2004

Just a quick tip on PVP.

If you drop an item, Black Phantoms can see it and pick it up. I started emptying my stash of slave shields by dropping them where a phantom would see it. They would run up to grab it while I run in behind them and backstab their rear end. Its a hell of a sneaky thing to do, and I'm sure my victims curse themselves for falling for such a silly trap.

Vallens
Jan 27, 2004

Talran posted:

I second this, hiding is the best thing you can do, if you just rush the player you're giving up the best things about being a black phantom..If you can set up ahead of the player by sneaking past you can set up an ambush to help you out, remember, this isnt a duel, no matter what you have less heath. You're plaing the demon here. Use every trick you have :3:

If you can get ahead of the player, I would think you could use my patented "drop the most worthless item in your inventory as bait then backstab" maneuver.

Vallens
Jan 27, 2004

ImpactVector posted:

The only problem I see with this idea is the graphic for a player-dropped item looks a lot different than a corpse to examine. So anyone smart would know it's a trap. Though I suppose at the very least this weeds out those you need to be cautious of.

If we're still talking 4-1, you have to assume the person had something waiting for them. Otherwise I know I generally don't go up there. (As an aside, this has turned into a very good reason not to do the crow quest while online in human form.)

Too true. I stole a guys golden mask in 4-1.

Fuzz posted:

So what's the best (fastest) setup for killing dragons without magic? Lava Bow or something else?

I used a composite bow and killed the dragon in 1-2 with about 200 arrows. If you have a lava bow it should be pretty easy to do.

Vallens
Jan 27, 2004

Sunday Punch posted:

That Black Phantom in front of the boss doors in 3-1 is hardcore. She killed me about 4 times in a row before I gave up and ran past her to the Fool's Idol boss. Does she scale to your level or something, because the boss was a total pushover compared to that invisible bitch.

I found the best tactic for her was to keep your shield up, then run in circles around her.

If she starts backing away from you, generally she is going to whip out her crossbow. Let her and dodge the shot. You'll have a few seconds to attack as she is reloading. If you are fast enough you can get in and backstab her.

• Locked thread