Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I just started this today - is there any way to counter the guys with spears? Maybe I'm just bad at it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

McCoy Pauley posted:

Roll around them when they lunge, and hit them in the back.

Oh, thanks. Kinda forgot you could roll, heh. Although that should be second nature because I've been instinctively hitting square to try a Nathan Drake stealth attack.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Narayan posted:

Search around / do some research before you ever use a demon soul, since it may have another use.

They do? Hrm, I guess I should start over since I instantly cashed in the Phalanx soul to buy some stats.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I have a 2-2 question.

Do you have to get to the boss by taking the right path and dropping down all those bridges into the bottom of the pit? I've only managed to make it to the bottom in one piece once. As far as I can tell, the left path is just for crystal lizards.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I've cleared all of worlds 2, 4, and 5 but I can't beat the goddamn Maneater and I'm going to start murdering soon I'm afraid.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Thrill Cosby posted:

Evacuate. Let's you warp back to nexus from any location, including boss battles, WITH your souls.

Hmmm, I tried using evacuate during the 3-3 boss battle last night and it definitely didn't work. Maybe that's because it's PVP though. Oh well, I didn't really need those 22,000 souls anyway :smith:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Jadz posted:

Dumb question, but you are using a Talisman to cast evacuate, right?

Yep, I had to roll around like a madman and use 3 or 4 grasses to get into the equip menu and pull out my Talisman of God and even then I still couldn't cast it even with full MP.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

qbert posted:

Why didn't you go back to the Nexus and spend them after 3-2? The first thing you do after beating a boss should be using its archstone.

Well I'd already spent about 60,000 and that was what was leftover. I figured after the 3-2 boss some pubbie fight couldn't be that bad. I was wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

The only way I was able to beat Maneater was by using Warding. He can barely touch you if you have that on.

• Locked thread