Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

So I'm just now playing this for the first time after putting 100+ hours into each of the other Souls games, and I must fuckin suck

For some goddamn reason this game seems much harder than the others. Small things like the second part of Valley and the runback to King Allant make me want to toss my controller. I might also be a moron because I never noticed the Tower of Latria Archstone up the stairs :doh:

All that said, it's still amazing and having a "fresh" Souls experience is great. Im trying not to look anything up, but I do have a question: I've been hoarding Boss souls but haven't found anywhere to use them. Am I blind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

oldpainless posted:

Blacksmith Ed can use them if you've given him the red hot demons soul.

Yeah I did that, but nothing really appears. I know this seems stupid but im really trying not to Wiki poo poo. I wanted this run to be true blind

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Fair enough. The branching upgrade system is a little different; maybe ill just stumble across it.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Aannnddd finished. What a cool game. The fight with Allant was awesome. The healing is really the only thing I don't care for, but it still works.

I'm going to go through as a Mage before I decide, but this game may be my second-favorite under Bloodborne. It holds up incredibly well. The fact you can cheese some of the boss fights is kinda hilarious.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Genocyber posted:

That's just a statue that the Old Hero boss comes out of. Everything weird and magical in the game is a demon made by the Old One, and they take the forms of poo poo people worshipped.

poo poo you're right. Allant, Dragon God, Astraea, Storm King, Old Monk... All ruling or worshipped figures. From a deity that might possibly represent both sides of the coin, so to speak.

Clever, From.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Digirat posted:

Remember when we got that big message on login about the servers going away back in 2012 or something? Heh.

I played a little over a year ago and was pleasantly surprised there was still as much online activity as there was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Heartbroke they're shuttering it for good. It's just not the same without that multiplayer component. Hell, fighting people as the Old Monk was so much fun.

Hopefully this means a remaster might be on the horizon.

• Locked thread