Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Mustach posted:

Everything but keys. Although I say don't worry about prepping for NG+, because it's not massively more difficult than the first time though, and you get a lot more souls from everything.

Awesome.

Kiranamos posted:

loving 5-2 almost made me quit the game, it was so bad. Whatever Crystal Geckos and poo poo are in there, I don't care, I am not going back.

I think I held my breathe for every step of 5-2. I was so paranoid about falling off or getting backstabbed or something. And I loving hate those giant goblins. I basically just put on the black ninja suit or whatever and took it very, very slowly.

e: is there some reason why i can't invade someone's game in world 3? i want to be the boss monk but it won't let me use my black stone.

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Vintersorg posted:

Sprinting gets messed up when you have something targeted. :3:

Messed up? You mean dodging?

Also I took down King Doran but man I kinda feel bad about it. He seemed like a nice guy and gave me his sword and everything but then I gave him the plague and poisoned him and just watch him die. :saddowns:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

!amicable posted:

1-1 is the hardest boss and even still he is really easy if you spam fire bombs and turp. Just be patient and careful and there isn't much that is too difficult. But seriously gently caress Fat Ministers in 2-1, to a lesser degree Mindflayers, but they are a bit easier since you can lure them into melee range.

Maneater is much, much harder than Phalanx. It's not even close.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
That was an awesome ending. Time for NG+! :black101:

e: the False King fight was a kind of a bitch. dude does some damage and there's not a lot of time to recast Ward or refill health and mana. if he ever caught me without Ward up it was basically a one-hit kill

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Man I loving destroyed NG+ 1-1. I can tell things are way stronger than they were in 1-1 in the first go round but I feel like I'm way, way more powerful than my starting character. I guess we'll see if this ease keeps up.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I take it back, NG+ is definitely way harder. Everything is so much more dangerous and aggressive. :arghfist::saddowns:

e: which is fine by me. an easy demon's souls isn't one i want to know

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

!amicable posted:

Blue Dragon can suck a cock in hell though. I can't get his fire pattern down and I don't have the HP to take a hit from it.

You mean just running past him? Which parts? It took me a few tries but he's actually pretty cake and then you can just easily kill him for good after the second time.

7u880y posted:

Also, I don't get that the Fake King is even in contest for the nastiest boss award. That guy is just barely harder than the Penetrator. Flame Lurker and Maneater are the nasty bitches.

Flame Lurker is a puss. Maybe False King is easy for melee characters but when you're a magic user and don't have all that much armor the False King just loving wrecks you if he ever catches you out of Ward even once.

Notinghamington posted:

What's your Sl, we can help each other, I'm really annoyed at dying on the same spots on every world.

:words:

I need help, this is loving ridiculousness, I can't even grind souls because I go past the point of no return in all world.

I think I'm like soul level 80 or so? I managed to take down Phalanx and Tower Knight no problem but I mostly got wrecked in 4-1 now that things do more damage and the archers fire faster. I haven't tried anything else really so maybe I won't have as hard of a time as I'm thinking.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

the truth posted:

gently caress. 1-4 is the only level I have left and I'm just getting back into the game after a four month hiatus.

The actual level is really, really short so getting from the start to the end is way easy once the dragon is dispatched. I dunno maybe you'll have a better time with Allant than I did. I think I beat him on my third try which isn't really too bad but I had my breath held the whole loving time. What's your build?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

!amicable posted:

Yeah dude, gently caress that I can get by him the first time but I can't close to smack him the second time, I just don't have enough time to run to a safe area before he toasts me again.

So the first part is on the narrow walkway with the two smiley jailers right? Yeah that's just a matter of running like a madman and letting nothing get in your way.

The second time on the flight of steps you've got to time it so that you run up right after he breathes fire from left to right. I think you are safe up until right behind where Biorr is fighting and then right as he blows from left to right run up the steps in the middle and then hug the right side. He'll miss you if you time it juuust right. At least that's how I did it. I'm almost certain there's a video somewhere. After I made it to the top I just Soul Lighted him from underneath.

e: Biorr didn't make it :saddowns:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

!amicable posted:

Do you run while he is breathing?

Definitely. Start running the instant he starts breathing. Start going up the left side (as he'll be done with this part and working his way right) and then kind of run diagonally so that you end up at the top on the right side. I've done it without being hit but I actually managed to survive one. Do you have water veil, a flame resistant ring, and the fire shield? My weak rear end mage managed to survive with only the first two going.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

!amicable posted:

Did you hit him with arrows during the first encounter?

Nope. I don't even kill the fat ministers, just run and dodge when near them.

e: well, the dragon takes out one of them if you just wait a little bit

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Why did Ostrava die? He was just MY FATHER IS EVIL WOE IS ME *HURK* for as far as I can tell no good reason. Also his BP is a joke for magic users.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Oh. I guess that makes sense. Dude just kinda looked like he was chilling there.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
The trick to Tower Knight is to never lock on ever and always stay mobile. Run in behind him, slash slash slash, and run out when he looks like he's going to do anything. If you get hit even once just book it up the steps and heal. He'll never hit you with the projectile attack if you keep moving.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I can't believe that I completely forgot that the Kris Blade gives you more magical power the more you upgrade it.

:doh:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Crowbear posted:

Why are you upgrading the Blessed Mace anyway? The healing effect is pretty situational and there are better options for weapons that do magic damage (Moon or Crescent) unless you're really pumping your Faith.

Maybe he wants a nice fat trophy! :mad:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Where are you guys "hearing" this?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
It'd be nice if it were true.

Actually more than DLC I'd rather hear that From has begun work on the next game and it'll be out in time for Christmas. :allears:

e: this is the closest we've gotten so far but we know From loves their sequels http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387163

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I was actually surprised how easy it is to get white tendency. I was able to do it by accident for all worlds on my first playthrough. Black is pretty easy too since it just involved killing yourself a bunch.

Right now I've got to get my character tendency up to white for the Friend's Ring. It's pretty black right now after I did the Mephistopheles quests to get the Foe's Ring in my first playthrough.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

the truth posted:

Just beat the game a few minutes ago and I can't wait to run through it again... after Skate 3 and Red Dead Redemption, that is. I couldn't find Mephistopheles, so I guess I'll have to do that quest after I figure out how to get white character tendency. This is definitely a game I want to plat, but it's going to take me a long time to get there.

Mephistopheles only shows up once you have pure black character tenacity. What you should have done was murder a bunch of merchants at the end of the game (but before you "end" it) and she'll appear in the Nexus. You only need to kill five innocents before she shows up and then you can do her quests.

e: interestingly, the old woman in 5-1 doesn't show up if you have black character tenacity but it seems like all of the other merchants do. i went there to kill her and she had vamoosed!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Danthrax posted:

She moves to 5-2 once you beat 5-1, like how the vendor in 1-1 moves to 1-2 after you beat that stage.

Wait, permanently? What about the dirty guy in 2-1 and 2-2? He was still in 2-1 when I murdered him at the end of the game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Mr. Crow posted:

So I recently got this and it's fantastic, but I have a sound glitch that I can't fix, the satisfying crunch when you roll is no longer there (or any sound when you roll or jump back) and I don't know why or how to fix it. Any help?

Are you currently a ghost or corporeal?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Haha yeah it took me a while to realize they did that too. It's a really nice touch.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
^^ oh

Mr. Crow posted:

So what do the colored aura's around you mean? Sometimes its blue/green and sometimes I have this really "evil" looking red fire type thing, and it seems to be unrelated to the worlds as it transfers from Nexus etc.

I think the little flame above your head has something to do with your characters tendency shifting into black. I only ever got that when I started murdering NPCs to get that ring.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Was it a fireball looking spell or more of an arrow? Soul Light or Fireball are both really powerful and even more so with the right equipment buffing them.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Boosh! posted:

bah.

Welp.

Fleetwood posted:

It looked like an AOE effect. The color was a washed out blue/green and looked like slivers or arrows dropping from above. There were also a couple color blooms around the caster.

Oh yeah apparently there's some AOE spells you can get from Yuria. Never seen nor used them though and they're supposed to be slow but really powerful.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
From the guys who made the wiki? You mean the one on wikidot? Didn't a goon start that?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah I could have sworn that it was someone in the original import thread that started that thing. I even contributed to some of the articles! :iamafag:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

MuscleMilk posted:

Hey guys.
Been a long time since I played this game. Gonna re-roll a new char since my last one got deleted accidentally.
Coupla questions:
I'm looking to make a high dps, backstabbing char. Extremely nimble, rolls around like a muthafucker, light armor, one-hit backstab kill in pve and pvp, you know the type.
Can anyone show me a build and the corresponding equipment I need?

It sounds like you're going for something like this: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-builds:6

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
It looks like a large number of fighter and stealth classes still use spells. As someone who can't seem to get away from magic myself I think I'll have to let someone else help you out.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

MuscleMilk posted:

I think if I just grab "Baby's Nail" too, that'd do some serious backstabbing dps as well.

Yeah just make sure to walk well around the alter so as not to trigger that stupid cutscene so you can actually pick the thing up.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Eurogamer has a four page retrospective and interview up: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/souls-survivor

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Here's hoping a sequel is announced by then.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah I know I just hope From does something other than lovely Armored Core games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

StringOfLetters posted:

You shut your whore mouth.

I will once they make a good one but it's been a long while since that happened. I'll admit the new one does seem promising.

• Locked thread