Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Alright, which one of you plays keeper for Mozambique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXVsJbeJaPY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

euroboy posted:

Played my first 5-a-side match tonight since June, my legs feel like poo poo but it was really fun. My touch was terrible and I didn't do too much besides running around, but it was nice to get back in the action.
How was your Zidane Roulette?

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

euroboy posted:

Not so magical, I actually got knocked into the ground by some big fat guy who's whole tactic was to just run into people when they tried to do any tricks.
Pretend to be his bud then when he's not looking pull his shorts down to his knees. It's called the Terry.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
I tried this today. It seemed like a great idea until I tripped over my own leg...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igh5t2QDtAs

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
I have another two brand new backup pair in the basement.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Shrapnac posted:

Which ones? I had the III and IV and both gave me horrible blisters.
Yea, I've only tried one pair of Nike's ever and they were the Mercurial Vapors. I absolutely hated them and immediately called Adidas to forgive me for cheating.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

the posted:

"Real Synthetic," heh.

Anyway, I've just been browsing around Prodirectsoccer all day. I tried on some boots at a local shop, but they don't have a huge selection (and the guys didn't know much more than I did). I tried on the Predator Absolions and the Puma v3.08. I didn't like the feel of the Pumas, but the Predators seemed to feel alright.

What do you think of these Umbro SX Valor?
You really need to try out shoes in person for yourself. I find a huge difference in fit and feel between brands and models. Once you find the shoe you love then you should start buying online. I get all my stuff from soccer.com.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

luvd posted:

Holy poo poo you're not wrong. £170 buy it now. MIght have to have a root around when I'm home next.
Rock these!

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

the posted:

Yeah, I just have to find a store around here that sells them. The southeastern United States isn't the best place to find soccer boots.

SEC! RAWR FOOTBALL! I really hate the south...

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Chivas Aribas! posted:

I unironically tried to find these and failed :(. Don't give a gently caress if it looks gay.
If you step on the pitch with these you better be good. If you are you'll look total pimp but if you suck you'll look gay as hell.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

identikit posted:

What the gently caress are you guys talking about when you say cleats and turfs. Are you saying studs versus astros?

All I play with now is either turf or hard ground. All the fields around here have been converted over to next/new turf.

Click here for the full 526x640 image.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Alright, time to go outside and get a quick picture of new turf. brb.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
This is the new turf fields we have everywhere around here now. They are these filled with these little black rubber pellets.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Yea, it's all I play on these days and I love playing on it especially remembering not so long ago playing on dirt fields and the old rug burn turf. It's far nicer than the old turf and is much easier on the knees. The ball does take more bounce and will skip especially when wet.

I play with the firm ground/blades and have never had a problem.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Oh Em Gee posted:

Bought. Cheers mate.
:worship:

Post pics of you wearing them.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Mr Gentleman posted:

anyone play recreational soccer or futsal in Los Angeles? I'm going to be working there this summer and want to know what the leagues are like

Here you go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_United_F.C.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

irlZaphod posted:

It was a genuine question, I'm going to Leeds next month for a gay 5 a side tournament organised by a local team. :)
FABULOUS. We need pictures of your gay tournament.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

the posted:

How do I play a striker in outdoor?
Here are some cool Nike apps...

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=332116195&mt=8
http://itunes.apple.com/app/id347001310

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

identikit posted:

Got absolutely taken out today. Thank gently caress the astro I was playing on was bouncy as gently caress. Would've hosed my knee seven ways to Sunday on my home pitch. Manned up and didn't show any pain when it happened... until I sat in a hot bath. Hip is also killing. Refs never give any cards for obvious fouls and infractions just bullshit stuff like me kicking the ball back to where the original offence was. wtf?
Is your team's name Arsenal?

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Tiger Crazy posted:

Played again this weekend with a different team which was full of Turkish guys, we played against a team full of Serbian guys. It was kind of odd being on the pitch and speaking neither language while the two teams yelled in Turkish and Serbian.

For about 3 years I used to play on a Chinese team as the token white guy. Great team and a lot of very talented feisty players. They would speak in Cantonese on the field.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
My co-ed team I've been playing with for about 6 years always has one Japanese guy. Somehow when we started out we got a guy on the team who was going to college here and ever since we've always had one who was a friend of the original or a few friends removed. Every single one of them has played exactly the same and had the same behavior. Very polite and friendly awesome guys. And they all were a little smaller in size but had the ball control ball sticks to their feet and can get out of a triple team small spaces.

I finally broke down and got a new pair of cleats and for the first time in a million years they aren't predators. Picked up a pair of black Adipure III and absolutely love them.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

ayb posted:

Anyone have a recommendation on a bag? Mine was stolen recently(along with my goalie gloves and cleats) needs to be big enough to hold a couple of uniforms, shoes, socks, gloves. Doesn't have to have a ball holder
Click the left for your preference of backpack or duffle style.
http://www.soccer.com/Navigation.process?Ne=178&N=4294960224+346

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

BlueBayou posted:

Rode my motorcycle to our match last sunday night. Realized id forgotten my bag with all my stuff in it. Thankfully I rode over in my jersey and with my shin guards on... and my motorcycle boots aren't too constrictive and just look like fancy sneakers. So i was allowed to play.

And we demolished the other team. I play in a mixed genders, casual league. We can only have 3 guys on the field, but only if one of them is in goal. We were up 4-0 at the half... so we played the entire second half with a male goalie... and the rest just girls. I saw this as adding insult to injury, but instead we got commended for our sportsmanlike behavior.

It is ridiculous fun to score a goal wearing motorcycle boots.
Is this 5 a side or something? One of my teams is a coed team traditional 11 a side and we are allowed only 5 of each gender on the field not counting the keeper.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

BlueBayou posted:

So apparently playing soccer with bruised ribs kinda sucks. Thankfully the other team sucked more so I just hung around their end of the pitch and waited for my teammates to feed me the ball.
I have been playing with a high ankle sprain for a few months and recovering from a dislocated elbow a month ago. I won't go up for any 50/50 balls or slide tackle but otherwise it's not so bad...

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Ewar Woowar posted:

Get new Copas. Seriously, the best boot.
Wrong, the best boot is the adiPure III TRX

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yeah they are pretty nice. I was actually considering buying a pair for this season but my leg exploded.
Ouch, sorry to hear. Do we actually want details on "exploded" :geno:

When you recover you really should pick them up. They do stretch a little but they feel just so perfect. Also, screw Nike boots forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Nike unveiled two new shoes.

Mercurial Superfly III
http://www.beautifulgear.com/2011/03/nike-mercurial-superfly-iii-revealed/

Nike5 Gato Street
http://www.beautifulgear.com/2011/03/nike5-gato-street/