Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
I used to play defense when I was a kid and kinda got out of it until fairly recently (24). Now I play five a side both all men and coed plus a friendly on the weekend.

Is it just me or are the people who play on co-ed teams way more angry than people playing all men? I went an entire season on an all men side with no one on our or their team getting sent off but the first game of my coed season had two people sent off for terrible challenges. Why does playing next to a woman make some people so angry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
Has anyone had any luck with the Nike CTR 360s? I'm split between those and the Mercurial Vapors.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

the posted:

Hell, half the time when someone sees me coming full steam they tend to jump out of the way anyway.

How many times have you been red carded in a casual five a side game on a Wednesday night? ~10?

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

Visual Sneeze posted:

Just got back from a pickup game that was fairly fun. I don't know why we decided to play soccer outside on a foggy day at a balmy 33°F, but we did. Glad to see my friends were up for it despite the weather, even if there were a couple of them who just stood around in the middle of the field talking about basketball the whole drat time. The thing that was really crappy though is that whoever runs the park we always play at decided to come in and move the goals to one side of the field... and then chain them together. Seriously, what's the drat point in preventing people from playing soccer at a city park like that? I hate water bottle goalposts and imaginary crossbars. :argh:

One of the parks I play at does this. Whoever is on the parks board seriously hates people just coming over and using the goals there. I played with a few of them a couple of times and they get offended if the goals are unlocked or have been moved.

Suburbs y'know?

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

goodvisiontoucan posted:

ya lol what the gently caress is a blue card

When I was little I remember playing with a new ref in like, a town game where he actually gave the cards to the player who recieved it. I struggle to imagine what he would have done if he had to give out another

Perhaps he was using it like a reminder of what they've done. The ref should have made the player keep it pinned to him like the scarlet letter.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
I got a set of ridiculous looking Mercurial Vapors for Christmas. Fuckin' love 'em.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3262/3120057913_b5afcaf960.jpg

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

calcio posted:

Rock these!

I unironically tried to find these and failed :(. Don't give a gently caress if it looks gay.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

Bobby Digital posted:

I'll be playing in goal in an advanced/competitive league for the first time in a few years tomorrow. I grew up playing keeper, but since high school I've been playing forward/CAM.

Why not do both in the same match? When you make a save drop it and head for the goal!

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
Also any time I have tried to use candy or gum I get a bunch more phlegm in my throat and have to spit it out. Really you're better off keeping a good diet up all week.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
Since a lot of us are longshotting in this thread, does anyone play in the Las Vegas area need another player?

The outdoor is getting too hot and the couple of seasons I played indoor I got stuck on a 6v6 indoor league with like 25 players so everyone gets exactly no playing time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

Alctel posted:

I think I need to get some new boots, but living in Canada they are horrendously expensive so I will get them online I think, maybe after trying on some pairs at a sports store.

Does anyone have any good suggestions? I would prefer non-coloured ones as I don't want to be 'that guy'

Be that guy. Start it right now.