Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BISCUIT_TINS
Dec 23, 2008
I play for my secondary school team (not secondary like a B team but like secondary school as in high school) and I guess my main position is keeper, but we have a loving brilliant keeper so I mostly player either right back or right wing, depending on the condition of our main right back who almost always has a broken ankle, poor sod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BISCUIT_TINS
Dec 23, 2008
I'm gonna be playing right back next season, and one thing I've always struggled with is crossing while running. I can cross fine from a standing position but I can't get my head around crossing while running - foot positioning, where to hit the ball etc. Can anybody help me with this?

BISCUIT_TINS
Dec 23, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Start your kicking motion before you're physically where you want to cross the ball from, this comes with practice but have a cross in mind before you do it. This will prevent you from hooking one in and falling over backwards with the ball going nowhere. Don't try to scoop the ball up with the top of your foot like you're chipping it, you use the inside/front portion of your boot to get the lift you want. This is easier said than done and takes a bit of practice, but once it clicks you'll find this whole maneuver a lot easier. If you have the space, dribble the ball a little further forward than you normally would for your last touch before the cross and try to hit the ball as it's barely moving forward.

All of this takes practice, but placing the cross in the correct way on your foot can be practiced against a wall. Place the ball stationary somewhere then run parallel with the wall and try to pick a spot on it that you want to hit. As you get better at this try doing it with the ball moving.

Excellent, just what I was looking for! Cheers very much mate

BISCUIT_TINS
Dec 23, 2008
quite like the mitre ultimatch myself, although some of my mates say it's too heavy and i've heard people say their ones have egged really quickly

mine's been good for a while though