Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

I play indoor (normal field, just inside on turf) in 2 different leagues. My main team, has won 2 games in the past year, 2 ties and lost pretty much everything else. My other team with some people from work win our occasional game, but we also like to hang out at the bottom of the table.

The one place we play at does not have separate leagues. Our team has been playing once a week for a year, the other teams have been playing for way longer than that. Most of the people have never played before. Makes for some interesting games. We get happy when we score a goal. Lately we have been either leading or tied at the half, but completely fall apart in the end. Not sure why.

Next session they said they will have more teams and are going to split it up and put the sucky teams in a lower division. That should be nice.

I play forward, cant really do too well on D. Its a 7v7 game, we usually play either 3 or 4 in the back, depending on the game.

The whole goal is to have fun? And get my fat rear end out of the house and do some running? I think so...

Fighting Mongoose all the way!

Edit : I hate winter in Buffalo. Its day by 4:30, snow and cold and lovely out...can't just grab a ball and head to the park.

outcast_p fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

the posted:

Wow, that must be a HUGE indoor place. Everywhere I've played, the fields have been very small, and the teams were 5v5.

Not that big, pretty nice though. Its 40x70 yards. They have a smaller field as well thats 85x185'.

I also play at another indoor place, not as nice at EpicCenter (the place mentioned above)

There is a place that has a full field and some smaller ones, i havent been there, but i hear its nice http://www.sahlensportspark.com/facilities/

Odd thing is, we don't really have much for adult outdoor leagues that are not super high level. There are TONS of nets all over town, 2 places that have 10+fields each too...

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

I have only pulled a yellow card once. Guy stole the ball from me, I was tailing him to try to get it back. The second I started to go for the ball, the ref was like "dont foul him" and I clipped the guys foot at full speed. one of those where I could not stop the motion. Oh well

Lost 2 more games this week, last night was a good one, lost 3-2 against a team full of russians. Kinda hard when they are speaking russian out on the field. Of course all of the funny russian accents and saying started comming out of our players.

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

I had a game last night, 7v7 indoor turf coed rec league. Ended in a 1-1 tie. Not too bad of a result for that team. They had some guys that were just way to fast for anyone on our team to keep up with them. Did an OK job keeping him to the outside. Another kid thought that wearing cleats was a good idea. The league rules are no cleats, and no sliding.

The problem with our team is, we always have the girls play up top, and the 3 guys end up on D. I am not that good at D and some of the girls just do not have the speed, to play up that much. Half the time if the guys are pushing forward with the ball, they forget to cover back. But for the most part we keep somewhat of decent shape. I wish my other team could figure that out.

One thing sucks about Buffalo, its about $800-$1000 for an 8 game session for soccer during the year, a bit cheaper in the summer months. Works out to be about $75-$90 a player. What is the cost for indoor where you all play?

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

the posted:

Well, they still fit, but why would they sell? Vintage value?

Also, what do you recommend? I'm just looking for a durable firm ground boot for accuracy. Something like a Total 90?

Don't happen to wear a size 13us do you?

I have a pair of t90 laserII K-FG, I love them the kangaroo leather is very soft, and I get great control over the shots with them. Not the lightest boot in the world but still work great. I also have a pair of Adi pred absoultions. They are lighter, but the touch with them seems a bit off to me. I mostly use them when the ground is a bit wet.

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

I play at 2 different places with turf (indoors). They do not allow cleats, so I got some turf shoes for them. I really like my Puma v5.08 TT (not the best shoe, really cheap and no shot grip) but the studs are great and they are very light. I used to use them at both places, until I got my adidas 5v5 turf shoes. They are lighter, and a bit softer. They are covered in a soft rubber on the top and the bottom is VERY grippy. I cant use them at the place that has the rubber infill, I slide too much. The other place uses victory turf, rubber pad under the turf. have a better shot and control with the adidas' but the pumas i can run faster and the touch is better. Hard to describe.

All in all, I think next purchase will be a higher end puma boot, either the 3.08 or whatever the new model is. I do have too many shoes, but who cares. I should take pics...

outcast_p fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 9, 2010

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

I came across a local Futsal league. They also do pickup games on fridays and sunday nights. I was out there last night for two and a half hours. Had a great time. It was the first time I have ever played any futsal in an organized game.

I liked the way they keept the game going. 15mins or 2 goals. Loser walks and the winning team stays on. goalies stayed in net. I did learn that my ball skills are pretty bad, but this helps with learning good passing and 1v1 skills.

Going to be going to some more of the pickup nights, should help my game out. Atleast until it gets warm out and I can go to the park.

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

Welp. My 7v7 session is ending next week. we are in 5th place (out of 5). 0-10-0, we get to play the "playoff" games aganst the loser of the 1v4 and 2v3 games that are tonight next week, back to back. This is going to be fun. Good thing is the weather is starting to turn, and we can get back outside and play on grass.

PS : need any new gear, I have some stuff for sale over in SA Mart.

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

I had 3 games this week.

Tuesday night we had the last 2 of the session, we auctally won the second game against a team that has rolled us in the past. I had the ball at my feet with a clear shot in the last 10-15 seconds of both games and could not get a shot on net to save my life. I was pretty beat after the second game and work the entire next day.

I never got a nap in after work and after watching the Sabres loose I had to head out for another game that was to start at 11:30pm. Of course they were running 20 minutes late... was a fun game, we won 4-1 and I scored 2 of the goals. By the time i got home and showered it was past 2am. Nothing like having to get up at 6:30 to be to work the next day. I am getting too old for this poo poo.

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

My team had our first game of the session last week. 4 people called off on the last day, of the 11 (in a 7v7 league) and our goalie could not make it. What a stressful day to run a (recreational) soccer team. We were able to get the goalie from the game before us to play for us, so that was not too bad. Ended up loosing 5-2 to a team that usually kills us, so overall not bad.

I looked at the results from the rest of the league, 2 teams got rolled worse than we usually do, so those could be competitive games, and I am looking forward to it.

I also start next week in an indoor league, on sport-court with boards. I have not played in this league in years, but its going to be a lot of fun. I am better at soccer in general than I was last time I played, and I have lost 35lbs and can run faster. So I plan on actually scoring or setting up plenty of goals.

Other news, there is a local NPSL team starting in the area (buffalo, ny) and They put out to the fans to come up with a nickname for the team. I can win season tickets and a bunch of other stuff if the name I came up with wins. Anyone want to vote? its on fcbuffalo.com the name I came up with is spokes.

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

Anyone in the Buffalo NY area? My teams always seem to be short a person or 2 and could always use an extra player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

My constantly losing team had a great game last night against a team that has killed us over every season for the past year and a half. The game ended 6-4, with us losing as normal. But the great thing is that the team captain came up to us at the end of the game and asked if we have been practicing cause we are a lot better. I take that as a complement from a team that is really good. Some of the people that have just started playing soccer for the first time over the past few months are starting to score goals, and people are starting to see that moving into space and passing are key in a game.

Now the lovely part is, the place that we play indoor does not have a session until the fall. We have 2 months off, so this is going to hurt us on... and the only outdoor league runs all summer long and we did not get into it in time.

But there is a soccer in the sand beach tourney coming up, this should be fun. Never played that before.