Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

You sure that's not for chicks considering how long the arms are in comparison to the torso? I honestly have no idea how women's gear sizing works so I could be wrong.

drat I'm not sure honestly. I really just bought it on a whim and thought that was the style as I've seen other jackets like that. I wonder if A* would help identify the jacket if I sent them an email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert
Alpinestars TZ-1 leather jacket.

Size 44(us). Worn very little over 3 seasons. No rips, scuffs, split seams. Hard shoulder and elbow armor, soft back armor. Zip out liner never worn.
http://i.imgur.com/QRRvh.jpg
$200shipped obo
neil.trigg@gmail.com

kmcormick9 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 7, 2012

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
WTB

After about two years, I'm starting to admit my bike is probably too broke for me to fix myself, or at least I won't find the time to do it properly. So, I should probably just buy something new. I'm a little scattered with what I want, though.

A) A modern (fuel injected) 650 cc comfortable sport/touring bike. Versys, Ninja 650r, SV650, F650GS, etc. Willing to pay around $3,000 for something like this. I realize for this price, it will be an older or higher mileage bike, but I want something that runs and has a title.

B) Old UMJ for under $1,000. Again, something that runs and has a title. Doesn't have to be pretty, but I'd like something 450 cc or larger.

C) Crashed Vulcan or Ninja 500 who's engine I can transplant into my bike. I just care about the engine/trans, no title necessary.

I'm in Central Illinois and am willing to travel 3 hours or so for something. I'm also up in Chicago a lot, so going into southern Wisconsin or western Michigan is alright.

turkosza on the gmails.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Well, I have a couple interested parties locally, but people flake a lot and more exposure never hurts.

I'm selling my 2010 Honda Shadow Phantom. Completely stock, except for the addition of the tall Honda passenger backrest/mount plates and black finish mirrors to replace the stupid stock chrome ones. I've also added a Vista Cruise pressure-clamp style throttle lock. Bike will come with a pair of Tour Master Cruiser III box saddlebags in XL (unused) and a Cruiser III sissy bar bag in XL (cooler bag insert and small internal case are unused). You'll need to buy mounts for the saddlebags. The sissy bar bag is so huge I've never needed the saddlebags. As you can see in the picture, I mount it backwards and use it as a backrest.

Bike is located in Champaign, IL.

$5300

You can reach me via PM or stupid doo doo head at the gmail for more info.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Gloves and Vest both came in the mail today! Thanks Snowdens Secret and Drunk Pledge Driver!

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Pvt. Public posted:

I mount it backwards and use it as a backrest.
Bike is located in Champaign, IL.

Don't try to fool an old rat. That's a jetpack. How fast can you accelerate and what's your maximal velocity going vertical.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLwe7UqUX7k

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
I'm selling a single ASV BRC520-K Standard Brake C5 Sport Motorcycle Lever it's all black with a red adjustment knob.

This lever fits a TON of bikes and comes in the plastic bag that the factory shipped it to me in with all the spare parts. It even has ASV stickers in the bag.

The cheapest I could find this was on Amazon for $112 + shipping. I'm asking $80 shipped in the US, UK goons talk to me and we can work something out. It will go out the day after payment is received, Paypal only. I modified the clutch lever of this set for my DRZ and I absolutely love it.

Fits: (pdf) http://asvinventions.com/TechSupport/INSTRUCTIONS_BRC520.pdf

CB599/CB600Hornet (98-06) BRC520

CBR600 F2,F3,F4,F4i (91-06) BRC520

CB 919 (02-06) BRC520

CBR 900RR (93-99) BRC520

VTR1000F (98-05) BRC520

VFR750 (91-97) BRC520

VF750S Sabre (82-86) BRC520

VFR800 (02-07) BRC520

Magna (2002) BRC520

*ALL HONDA APPLICATIONS REQUIRE AN

ADDITIONAL BRAKE LIGHT TAB BLOCK TO BE

INSTALLED. PLEASE SEE INSTRUCTIONS.

KAWASAKI YEAR PART#

ZX6R (00-02) BRC520

ZX6RR (03-04) BRC520

ZX636R (03-04) BRC520

ZZR600 (05-07) BRC520

ZX9 (94-97) BRC520

ZX9R (00-03) BRC520

ZX10R (04-05) BRC520

ZX12R (00-05) BRC520

Z750 (2007) BRC520

Z1000 (03-06) BRC520

ZX7R/RR (89-03) BRC520

ZRX1100/1200 (99-07) BRC520

ZX1100/ZX-11 (90-01) BRC520

ZZR1200 (02-05) BRC520

ZG1000 Concourse (92-06) BRC520

SUZUKI YEAR PART#

GSXR 600 (97-03) BRC520

GSXR 750 (96-03) BRC520

GSXR 1000 (01-04) BRC520

TL1000S (97-01) BRC520

TL1000R (98-03) BRC520

HAYABUSA (99-07) BRC520

SV1000/S (03-07) BRC520

1200 Bandit (01-06) BRC520

SUZUKI YEAR PART#

1250 Bandit (2007) BRC520

DL1000/V-Strom (02-07) BRC520

GSX1400 (01-07) BRC520

GSF650 Bandit (2007) BRC520

SV650/SV650S (99-06) BRC520

DL650 V-Strom (04-07) BRC520

Katana 600 / 750 (98-06) BRC520

TRIUMPH YEAR PART#

Daytona 955i (97-03) BRC520

Speed Triple (97-03) BRC520

Sprint RS (99-03) BRC520

Sprint ST (97-03) BRC520

TT 600 (00-03) BRC520

Speed Four (03-04) BRC520

Speed Four (05-06) BRC520

Speed Triple (04-07) BRC520

Daytona 600/650 (04-05) BRC520

Daytona 955i (04-06) BRC520

Sprint ST/RS (04-07) BRC520

Thruxton (04-07) BRC520

Bonneville T100 (06-07) BRC520

Tiger (2007) BRC520

Rocket III (04-07) BRC520

YAMAHA YEAR PART#

R6 (99-04) BRC520

FZ1 (01-05) BRC520

R1 (02-03) BRC520

R6S(USA version) (06-07) BRC520

R6S (Canadian) (2007) BRC520

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Uthor posted:

WTB

After about two years, I'm starting to admit my bike is probably too broke for me to fix myself, or at least I won't find the time to do it properly. So, I should probably just buy something new. I'm a little scattered with what I want, though.

A) A modern (fuel injected) 650 cc comfortable sport/touring bike. Versys, Ninja 650r, SV650, F650GS, etc. Willing to pay around $3,000 for something like this. I realize for this price, it will be an older or higher mileage bike, but I want something that runs and has a title.

B) Old UMJ for under $1,000. Again, something that runs and has a title. Doesn't have to be pretty, but I'd like something 450 cc or larger.

C) Crashed Vulcan or Ninja 500 who's engine I can transplant into my bike. I just care about the engine/trans, no title necessary.

I'm in Central Illinois and am willing to travel 3 hours or so for something. I'm also up in Chicago a lot, so going into southern Wisconsin or western Michigan is alright.

turkosza on the gmails.

Want to spend around $3k on a Bandit 1200? I'm in Milwaukee.

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

Selling some Fieldsheer mesh pants that I bought last year but never ended up wearing because they're too small for me. Only worn a couple times. $75 shipped?

I'm tall but these pants weren't tall enough. My other pair of motorcycle pants that fit me well are 36x35. These are size 34 - they're very adjustable in the waist so they fit me fine there, but the legs are too short and the knee armor sat too high. If you have an inseam of around 32 they should be fine.

They have hard plastic knee armor with padding around them.

Boot zippers

Adjustable thigh snaps (velcro adjusters for the calves too, not pictured)

Hip armor is just foam but hey better than nothing!

The non-armored pants are very meshy and flowed a ton of air.

edit: forgot to mention these come with a zip in quilted liner thing that looks decently warm, never tried it out.

Man_of_Teflon fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 15, 2012

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Man_of_Teflon posted:

Selling some Fieldsheer mesh pants that I bought last year but never ended up wearing because they're too small for me. Only worn a couple times. $75 shipped?

I'm tall but these pants weren't tall enough. My other pair of motorcycle pants that fit me well are 36x35. These are size 34 - they're very adjustable in the waist so they fit me fine there, but the legs are too short and the knee armor sat too high. If you have an inseam of around 32 they should be fine.

Boot zippers

edit: forgot to mention these come with a zip in quilted liner thing that looks decently warm, never tried it out.

I'm a 30/32 in the waist you think they would fit me?

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

For regular pants I'm a 34 in the waist - I just tried putting these pants on and there's a couple inches of stretch needed in the elastic for them to fit for me, so I think they could work for you, especially if you wore them over shorts. Beyond being mostly made of an elastic material, the waist does have adjustable straps to tighten it down too.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Want to spend around $3k on a Bandit 1200? I'm in Milwaukee.

Honestly, I don't think I'd be comfortable on a bike with that much power.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

They're not bad at all. Still the powerband of a v-twin so it's completely manageable, even in the lower gears. Really the only differences are in 60-100 and torque wheelies. An SV650 or 650r will still hit 60 in under 4 seconds

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Mar 15, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Xovaan posted:

They're not bad at all. Still the powerband of a v-twin so it's completely manageable, even in the lower gears. Really the only differences are in 60-100 and torque wheelies. An SV650 or 650r will still hit 60 in under 4 seconds

Mine makes about 120 at the wheel, so it can get crazy, but its not peaky at all and its decently hefty. Its certainly still less crazy than a modern 1000cc supersport. Its about on par with a 600 supersport, with a lot more torque.

Uthor posted:

Honestly, I don't think I'd be comfortable on a bike with that much power.

Understood, just remember that SV650's and Ninja 650's are no slouches either.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 15, 2012

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Understood, just remember that SV650's and Ninja 650's are no slouches either.

Yeah I think a lot of new riders have the misconception since they both get grouped in as "beginners bikes"

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

invision posted:

Yeah I think a lot of new riders have the misconception since they both get grouped in as "beginners bikes"

I rode my 500 for about four years and was about ready for an upgrade, but I haven't been on a bike in about two years, so I'm a little apprehensive about jumping onto something too powerful before getting my "sea legs" back.

After making my post, I looked online and see used engines going for around $500-700, so I think I'm going to go that route. Now just a to make sure which model years are compatible with my frame.

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

Looking for gear for my girlfriend. Anyone interested in selling a plain black women's small leather jacket, or small helmet with no crazy designs (maybe black/red)?

edit: found a good deal on both, nm

Man_of_Teflon fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 15, 2012

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.

Fangs404 posted:

These are still available! Make me offers!

Tour Master Flex pants - size S

These pants are amazing. They're the jack of all trades. Great in super hot weather (I used them over summer when I was riding in Dallas), and great in cold weather with the liners. I'm selling them because they're 1 size too small for me (I needed medium talls). They're $180 shipped pretty much everywhere online, so I'm asking $140 shipped.

These are still available! Price dropped to $130. They're perfect for summer riding!

SOLD

Fangs404 fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 19, 2012

kgibson
Aug 6, 2003
Fangs, can I use those as a pair of over-pants or will they not fit over a pair of jeans? I'm about 5'9" and wear a 31x~31.

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.

kgibson posted:

Fangs, can I use those as a pair of over-pants or will they not fit over a pair of jeans? I'm about 5'9" and wear a 31x~31.

As long as the thermal liner isn't in, yeah. I've actually used them as overpants for my jeans lots. They'd fit you perfectly if you normally wear a 31x31.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Anyone selling gloves size med or a smallish large, or a pair of wp pants or decent over pants sized large?

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

iwentdoodie posted:

Anyone selling gloves size med or a smallish large, or a pair of wp pants or decent over pants sized large?

I still have my Alpinestars SP-2's in large (which are by every account closer to medium/large) they retail for 100 I'm selling for 50+shipping. Excellent gloves, I tried them and I let my uncle use them for a little bit too, but they were just a bit too small for both of us. Pics reflect the wear on the rubber wrist pads from grabbing handles and the sp-2 and alpinestars rubber logos are wearing off too, they weren't put on with anything it seems. The velcro strap is really cool, it can either go tight to your wrist or over your jacket sleeve. Really cool design, and only 1 strap per glove.

I REALLY wish I fit these, they are leagues above the Cycle Gear gloves I settled for. I also wouldn't mind trading these+cash for some riding pants in 32x32.

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 17, 2012

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Nitramster, where are you located, and are those gloves more of a winter glove, or a summer glove? I'm looking for a pair of gloves but don't want something that is the equivalent of wearing mittens in the summer. Right now I'm wearing an old pair of leather work gloves.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
edit:nevermind

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 18, 2012

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

americanzero4128 posted:

Nitramster, where are you located, and are those gloves more of a winter glove, or a summer glove? I'm looking for a pair of gloves but don't want something that is the equivalent of wearing mittens in the summer. Right now I'm wearing an old pair of leather work gloves.

They are not a winter glove, they are your everyday glove, they are slightly perfed. I have not ridden in the summer yet, so IDK how they would be in 90+ degrees, but temp wise they were great in 60-80. I'm in 90501 (Torrance, CA)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Nitramster posted:

They are not a winter glove, they are your everyday glove, they are slightly perfed. I have not ridden in the summer yet, so IDK how they would be in 90+ degrees, but temp wise they were great in 60-80. I'm in 90501 (Torrance, CA)

I have a pair that I commute in whenever the temp is about 65 or so. They flow a pretty good amount of air and are comfortable up to 90-95 degrees but above that nothing is comfortable.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Tourmaster Coaster II perforated leather jacket. Size Small (40R)
$100 + shipping

CortechScarab gloves, size Medium (9)
$40 + shipping

Triumph motorcycle gloves size large (10)
$40 + shipping

drksole96 @ gmail.com

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
whaaaaat. I came in here to sell my pair of Cortech Scarab gloves. I guess I'll do the same price then; hope two goons need gloves. $40+shipping, also a size M.

I'm also selling these Scorpion Savannah pants, size "XXL" which is actually about a 10. They're really great, just not my style, which might be obvious because I spent a lot of time de-girlifying them. I don't know why it's so hard for manufacturers to make something femme without gluing rhinestones all over it. So, de-rhinestoned, and I darkened two of the flowers with permanent marker. Great pants though; protection's good, has a winter liner, great cinching straps on the thighs, and they fit like a pair of jeans. Let's say $90+shipping.

glazed at gmail.

GlazedMcGuffin fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 19, 2012

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

Man_of_Teflon posted:

Boot zippers

PRICE DROP (I got a longer set of the same pants), $65 shipped? Good mesh pants for someone who is 32-36 waist, and probably 32-34 inseam.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Man_of_Teflon posted:

PRICE DROP (I got a longer set of the same pants), $65 shipped? Good mesh pants for someone who is 32-36 waist, and probably 32-34 inseam.

gently caress it, I can't say no at that price. Never hurts to have a spare pair of pants. I'll take them. Paypal?

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

Zubumafoo posted:

gently caress it, I can't say no at that price. Never hurts to have a spare pair of pants. I'll take them. Paypal?

PMed.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Man_of_Teflon posted:

PMed.

Responded, and money sent.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

Zubumafoo posted:

Responded, and money sent.

Dang... Just a little too late. Still looking for some 34 waist, 32 inseam mesh pants for a newby!

Actually, I'm looking for a mesh jacket and possibly some gloves, too...

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

Nitramster posted:

I still have my Alpinestars SP-2's in large (which are by every account closer to medium/large) they retail for 100 I'm selling for 50+shipping. Excellent gloves, I tried them and I let my uncle use them for a little bit too, but they were just a bit too small for both of us. Pics reflect the wear on the rubber wrist pads from grabbing handles and the sp-2 and alpinestars rubber logos are wearing off too, they weren't put on with anything it seems. The velcro strap is really cool, it can either go tight to your wrist or over your jacket sleeve. Really cool design, and only 1 strap per glove.

I have some pretty small man-hands, so I think these would fit me. $55 shipped to 93560?

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Shift Redline pants, size 34. Just a tad big for me, 32 would've been perfect. They're in great condition, I got them off ebay so I can't attest to whether they're new or used. Asking $130 shipped.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Shift Redline pants, size 34. Just a tad big for me, 32 would've been perfect. They're in great condition, I got them off ebay so I can't attest to whether they're new or used. Asking $130 shipped.

My computer is being a douche and I cannot enlarge the pictures you posted. Are those leather or textile?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Dattserberg posted:

My computer is being a douche and I cannot enlarge the pictures you posted. Are those leather or textile?

Leather

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
Hey guys

I am looking to buy a motorcycle in/around hollywood, california. My budget is around $1500, but can go up by a few hundred dollars for the right bike. Looking for something older, 60's-70's, I like the cafe racer style, and would like something around a 350-500, but okay with going a bit larger (my last bike was a 78 CB550). However, I am pretty open with what I am looking for. I am okay with a project, and something that needs some work is okay with me, as long as it runs (it doesn't have to run well).

If you have something in this price range, email me at eazyefromli@gmail.com, or PM me on here.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Nitramster posted:

I am interested in these but had some bills come up this month. If you still have them, I'd be interested in getting a bit more information from you about them (and hopefully buying them from you) in ~10 days when I get paid again. If you get someone else that can send the money immediately then please don't hold onto them for me. Just didn't want to leave you hanging.