Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Do either of your zip together pieces have the other side of the zipper wih fabric still attached? take it to a tailor and have them remove the zipper from the other piece and sew in the compatable side from the other. Problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Yeah, I have the other side of both zippers, but all the tailors I've been to (admittedly cheapo alterations places) have told me that the zipper on the pants is too close to the leather to cleanly remove and replace

and the flap of fabric that the jacket zipper is on is 4 inches too short to hold the AGV zipper half

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Get a piece of fabric as a bridge with the right zippers on each end. Possibly somewhat stretchy fabric.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

And/or a better tailor.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
or check craigslist for a cheap 1 piece!

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.
These are still available! Make me offers!

Tour Master Flex pants - size S

These pants are amazing. They're the jack of all trades. Great in super hot weather (I used them over summer when I was riding in Dallas), and great in cold weather with the liners. I'm selling them because they're 1 size too small for me (I needed medium talls). They're $180 shipped pretty much everywhere online, so I'm asking $140 shipped.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Fieldsheer one-piece cold-weather suit, size L. $100 shipped SOLD

Tour Master cold weather leather gloves, size L. $30 shipped SOLD

Fieldsheer magnetic tank bag. Two side pockets and an expandable main pocket, with rain cover. $30 shipped SOLD

I mostly post in TFR, and you can see my feedback in the classifieds thread there.

areallylongemailaddress@areallylongdomainname.com

Craptacular fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 29, 2012

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.
Craptacular, I'm interested in the gloves and tank bag. Can you give me the model names for each?

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift
Also interested in the gloves in Fangs falls through.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
edit: AGV pants are sold!

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 5, 2012

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

AncientTV posted:

Solved this, found some used A* pants. Now I'll be selling my AGV Willows:

I don't know why the pictures kept coming out blotchy, but the leather is still in really good condition. Size 30. No damage anywhere on them.

Like to get $115 + shipping

Can I get dibs until Wednesday? Thanks!

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Yep, no problem!

deadlinguo
Nov 17, 2004
when the revolution comes

Craptacular posted:

Fieldsheer magnetic tank bag. Two side pockets and an expandable main pocket, with rain cover. $30 shipped

I'll take this if Fangs ends up not wanting it.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

lowcrabdiet posted:

Can I get dibs until Wednesday? Thanks!

Still looking to pick these up?

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

AncientTV posted:

Still looking to pick these up?

Actually, like you were, I'm looking for a set of leathers for track days. I'm kind of worried that the zipper of the pants might be limiting my options for jackets. Can you give me until tomorrow afternoon to decide?

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, no problem. Don't forget that I have the other side of the pants zipper, so they can be made to fit most jackets if you're more proactive than I was :v:

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled

Deadly Mongoose posted:

Since Z3n bailed, hactar@sluggy.net if you are a us goon

This email address isn't working for me for whatever reason. If you've still got it let me know.
j.friszell44@gmail.com

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
I don't know if it's good form to make a "Buying" post in here, but I've had some success in SAMart so I'm going to try. If not, please forgive me, I'm a newbie bike owner :ohdear:

I'm just looking for a pair of used black leather motorcycle gloves size med, don't really care what brand.

edit: I forgot to add that I'm also looking for a reflective vest. Mil-Spec or Icon or whatever. (work on navy base).

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 2, 2012

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
I might have some barely used AGV Sport gloves but they are a small medium. I'll have to go through my old gear bag to make sure I still have them.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I have an Icon Mil-spec vest that I've been meaning to sell, since I don't ride on base any more. It's the orange, not the yellow. Say, 20$ plus shipping - but let me find it first, not sure where I've stored it.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

I might have some barely used AGV Sport gloves but they are a small medium. I'll have to go through my old gear bag to make sure I still have them.

Awesome let me know.

Snowdens Secret posted:

I have an Icon Mil-spec vest that I've been meaning to sell, since I don't ride on base any more. It's the orange, not the yellow. Say, 20$ plus shipping - but let me find it first, not sure where I've stored it.

Actually I like the orange better, if you find it then $20+shipping sounds great. Just let me know.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I still have a pair of very lightly used Alpinestars SP-2 gloves in black I offered for 50 at the same time as the other forum member earlier, they are large but they run small, so their a loose medium probably.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
For Sale: My 1981 Honda Passport C70 scooter in pretty drat good condition for a 31 year old bike.

The good:
Looks absolutely fantastic
4-stroke, 72cc displacement engine
3-speed semi-automatic gear box
Front and rear drums
~.7gal capacity (not sure about specific fuel economy, but it's way north of 60MPG)
3915.9 miles on the odometer
Approx. ~1 year old Michelin Gazelle tires (these things rock)
Starts up every time, even when I haven't bothered to jet the carbs for winter
Not a cheap Chinese bike that will grenade after 500 miles

The semi-bad:
6 volt electronics
Needs mirrors (the one I have on now is junk)
The leg guard was repaired by the PO (new one was $45-50 last time I checked)
Struggles a bit up hills
Paint isn't 100% perfect

The bad:
Me having seller's remorse after one of you lucky folks buys it off of me

I'm looking to get $800 cash for this scooter from a goon. Location is Raleigh, NC

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/v5DP2

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Snowdens Secret posted:

Either of you guys find these things? I'm ready to send some $$$ your way!

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
Just looked and I found em. I can snap a pic for you some time tomorrow. Won't be able to get em out till Wednesday most likely.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Just looked and I found em. I can snap a pic for you some time tomorrow. Won't be able to get em out till Wednesday most likely.

Sounds good, still interested.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Either of you guys find these things? I'm ready to send some $$$ your way!

Found the vest:

Contact me at manwasmatter at the gee mail with your address and we can get it out of here

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Snowdens Secret posted:

Found the vest:

Contact me at manwasmatter at the gee mail with your address and we can get it out of here

Rad. Email sent.

edit: and payment sent. Thanks!

And still looking for gloves. Really don't want to spend much more than 20 bucks but I guess it depends on the gloves.

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 5, 2012

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Rad. Email sent.

edit: and payment sent. Thanks!

And still looking for gloves. Really don't want to spend much more than 20 bucks but I guess it depends on the gloves.

Sent you a PM with the pics of the gloves and what not. Didn't notice the $20 part so I'm sending you another PM.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Gloves and helmet are pretty much the only parts of my gear I wouldn't skimp out on if I was going to skimp out on anything - chances are my hands are going to be out hitting pavement at some stage of my slide of glory when it happens and I really like not having shredded hands.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Shimrod posted:

Gloves and helmet are pretty much the only parts of my gear I wouldn't skimp out on if I was going to skimp out on anything - chances are my hands are going to be out hitting pavement at some stage of my slide of glory when it happens and I really like not having shredded hands.

I totally agree, I got an HJC and a Shoei helmet for the noggin. I was sort of banking in somebody having a good pair of used gloves during around and those agv sport gloves seem pretty legit

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shimrod posted:

I would say also kneepads or pants with armored knees. The knee is such a terribly-designed and fragile joint, yet it sticks out there in a highly exposed location with only a few millimeters of skin protecting it. Plus, I've seen pictures of knees after crashes and that shiny white circle of bone is just...ugh.

Whenever I play that "what am I most concerned about protecting?" game though I end up spiralling down into worse and worse scenarios until eventually I don't want to ride without a literal suit of armor. For my sanity right now I stick to helmet, jacket, gloves, boots and kneepads.

Actually, I wonder how effective a medieval suit of armor would be in a crash? They usually had all that quilted fabric padding underneath to absorb impacts, and I'm positive that steel plate would slide better than even the best leather. Plus you would look cool as poo poo riding to work like that.

[e] and holy poo poo, imagine the sparks if you did come off

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 6, 2012

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
With all that steel sliding on the ground, the friction burns would be pretty gnarly.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Beats the poo poo out of lost meat, I'd assume. Steel takes a while to heat up, and there's some layers underneath making an airgap.

Sagebrush posted:

Actually, I wonder how effective a medieval suit of armor would be in a crash? They usually had all that quilted fabric padding underneath to absorb impacts, and I'm positive that steel plate would slide better than even the best leather. Plus you would look cool as poo poo riding to work like that.

This is a thing that people do. The padding you're thinking about is called a gambeson.

Motorcycle helmets are much safer for riding than period ones, though, and honestly motorcycle garb is better suited to rolling/skidding because it's streamlined. Most plate-based armor has joints and flanges that are not made with sliding down the street in mind, the wearer is intended to be upright at all times; standing, sitting, or kneeling.

That said, I bet some purpose-built "I want to wear this on my motorcycle too" harness would be pretty nice. A 14g spring stainless knee cop would probably beat a puck hands-down on effectiveness, take up less space (would weigh more though) and would look really cool if you're into that. A simple streamlined steel breast and back could work out nice too, and lobstertail gauntlets would be a lot safer than motorcycle gloves (fingers are all one piece, like a mitten on the back of your hand but a fingered glove on the inside of your hand, plus wrist protection). Bike choice would be important with gloves like that, you wouldn't have a lot of individual finger mobility. Not a lot you can do to protect your rear end better than leathers, though.

I would assume the counter-argument is that adding hard things adds things for the road to grab and use to tear you apart; I always assumed that was why motorcycle leathers were way softer (ie able to be torn up) than they could be. That, and some people are probably shopping for "leathers" that are plush and comfortable like fine Italian auto upholstery. Hmmm.

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 6, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A suit of steel armor with rounded edges and no projections to catch on the road, you say?

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

A suit of steel armor with rounded edges and no projections to catch on the road, you say?

How much are you looking to get for this + shipping?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

No charge for the suit, I'll be glad to get rid of it -- just pay shipping. Cost will depend on your location as it weighs 750 pounds and the internal rebreather counts as a hazmat

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

What I want to know is why is it called 'The Dragger'

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Probably because you can barely move in it so you get dragged along the sea floor bottom. Like in Abyss.

Content lol:

Gnaghi posted:

Ugh I bought this jacket used, thinking it'd be great on and mostly off the bike as I don't have a leather non-motorcycle jacket, but it doesn't fit at all. Sizing is "42", but that's not the same as US 42 because that's what my Mert jacket is. I'm 6'2" 190lbs and can barely get the jacket on (like in tommy boy), so if you're a good deal smaller than me and in the medium range this will probably fit you. $100 or best offer.

These are the sellers pics, I don't have tangled wires hanging down my walls.

This is still for sale, $80 or best offer. It has no armor, but it'd make a good "regular" leather jacket I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Gnaghi posted:

Probably because you can barely move in it so you get dragged along the sea floor bottom. Like in Abyss.

Content lol:

This is still for sale, $80 or best offer. It has no armor, but it'd make a good "regular" leather jacket I guess.

You sure that's not for chicks considering how long the arms are in comparison to the torso? I honestly have no idea how women's gear sizing works so I could be wrong.