Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Where are you located (I want to say Bay area)? I've been wanting to somehow turn my 2007 690 over for a 2008+ but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Where are you located (I want to say Bay area)? I've been wanting to somehow turn my 2007 690 over for a 2008+ but :effort:

East bay, off the 13. Swing by and take it for a spin if youre in the area, see if it'd even be worth the bother. I would be curious to ride a 690 SM too :)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'll trade you the Bandit for it :allears:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Z3n posted:

East bay, off the 13. Swing by and take it for a spin if youre in the area, see if it'd even be worth the bother. I would be curious to ride a 690 SM too :)

Sadly I'm in LA, because I'd love to do a side-by-side comparison. You can read all the SMJ threads you want but at the end of the day you gotta ride 'em both.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Armchair Calvinist posted:

I'll trade you the Bandit for it :allears:

Bandits are too fast for me. :colbert:

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Sadly I'm in LA, because I'd love to do a side-by-side comparison. You can read all the SMJ threads you want but at the end of the day you gotta ride 'em both.

:(

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

2001 R6 Track Bike (Shoreline,WA)
$1500

I got a newer steed over the winter, so this beautiful machine needs a loving new home.

11,200 miles on the odo
Papers: None
Dunlop GP-A’s with some life left
Scott’s steering damper
06+ R6 radial brake master cylinder
Aftermarket clutch and ignition covers

Spare wheels
Spare swingarm
Spare engine
Spare shock and forks
Tons of spare parts for rear sets, levers, and sprockets

https://plus.google.com/photos/105863429081867331872/albums/6002278399700583265?authkey=CMDGoOzzveWhdw

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
I'm looking to buy something fun in the Portland, OR/Seattle area in the next month or so. FI unless its a super cool sumo or something. $6kish price range.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Do a fly and ride and buy my 690 SMC and return it to washington.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Z3n posted:

Do a fly and ride and buy my 690 SMC and return it to washington.

This is absolutely the correct answer.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

I don't know why but I love this paintjob.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

travisray2004 posted:

I don't know why but I love this paintjob.

That would be because it's awesome.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Z3n posted:

whelp, 'bout that time:
2008 KTM 690 SMC
Clean Title in hand/Currently registered and ready to ride
11xxx miles (Currently at 800, going up as I commute on it.)
$7000 OBO

Bought from a friend who was basically the original owner, owned it since ~1000 miles.
Valve check (never moved out of spec since new) at 11k
Cam Rocker arms checked and fine
Oil change at 11k
Brake fluid flush/pads at 80%
Sprockets in good shape, could use a new chain.
Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa Front/Corso Rosso rear, both with ~1k on them.
Currently in stock trim, also have a Leo Vince SBK exhaust for it and an Evo airbox lid, plus some other small odds and ends for it.
Currently on the Akro map, no stalling problems.
G2 throttle tamer

Not in perfect cosmetic shape, it's a supermoto, it's been ridden offroad, on track, but very well taken care of, oil always changed with Motorex, at 2k or before taking it to the track.

Shift lever tip was replaced with a bolt after tip over, some damage to the plastic on the right side, brake lever is a Brembo lever rather than the OEM one. Has the usual supermoto cosmetic flaws but in excellent mechanical shape and ready to ride.

Interested in trades for a Husky 610 + cash, or something oddball + cash. Test rides with cash in hand.
Sold!

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Sold!

Oglogoth fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 21, 2014

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Free to a good home - an Oxford paddock stand (bobbin style) with fork adaptors to turn it into a front stand. You have to collect it from east London.

If nobody wants it I'll chuck it on freecycle, because it seems a shame to throw it away, it's in perfectly good nick but it's just taking up space in the back of my shed since I got my Abba stand.

Claimed in minutes by a party that wishes to remain anonymous (which will make picking it up tricky for him, probably)

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 21, 2014

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Demonlord posted:

I've got a pair of slip-on Cobra F1R's for a ninja 250 I bought from a goon awhile back. Asking $80 for them.

Sold!

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
So my jacket is way too loving big. It's a Joe a Rocket XL. Anyone have something good in Medium for sale?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

WerrWaaa posted:

So my jacket is way too loving big. It's a Joe a Rocket XL. Anyone have something good in Medium for sale?

I think I have a medium JR jacket in my parents' garage (it might be a large? been a while since I wore it). It's been stored in a box for a few years now, so I'd have to dig it out and see what kind of condition it's in.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

WerrWaaa posted:

I have a M sized Shift jacket that lacks a back pad. It's basic black. Anywhere near VA?

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I'd sell my Alpinestars Jacket if you're interested. Next bike won't be red so it's got to go. Still in 99% condition. size 44eu (I'm 6' flat, fits me perfect, I'm skinny so there's a bit of room in the barrel, but it's comfy.) Current Alpinestars 44's fit me exactly the same so I don't think they're changed their sizing in the last couple years.

That goes for anyone that's interested, send me a gmail we can talk price, sub 200 for sure, maybe a trade.

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 2, 2014

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
What size is that? Is your email your username at gmale?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I got a sick deal from a friend, so I am not longer in need of a jacket. Thanks for the offers! On that note, I have a barely used XL Joe Rocket (I think it's an atomic 4.0) for sale! $120 shipped?

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Coydog posted:

What size is that? Is your email your username at gmale?

Updated size, 44, and yes my username is the same, sorry. Also have a pair of pants that can zip to it from alpinestars I got on here 2 years ago as well. Could be ready for a track day if you need to be :)

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Actually, I need some storage (saddle bags?) for my 98 Suzuki Intruder 800.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Nitramster posted:

I'd sell my Alpinestars Jacket if you're interested. Next bike won't be red so it's got to go. Still in 99% condition. size 44eu (I'm 6' flat, fits me perfect, I'm skinny so there's a bit of room in the barrel, but it's comfy.) Current Alpinestars 44's fit me exactly the same so I don't think they're changed their sizing in the last couple years.

That goes for anyone that's interested, send me a gmail we can talk price, sub 200 for sure, maybe a trade.

Are you sure you mean Euro 44 and not US 44/Euro 54? Euro 44 is like a size 2XS, seems like it'd be comically small on a six footer. If it's US 44 I might be interested, my bike is red.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

WerrWaaa posted:

Actually, I need some storage (saddle bags?) for my 98 Suzuki Intruder 800.

Getting rid of my old "bagman" saddlebags -they are old and a corner is partially melted on the outside, but they work fine and the zippers are good. I'll give them away for the cost of shipping.
If anyone lives near Albany, NY and wants to grab them, they are free.

I also have a pair of Fly Coolpro pants size 32 I'm selling, $60+shipping, excellent condition, worn for one season, does not come with the lovely plastic liner but you wouldn't want it anyway.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fly-coolpro-pants

I got :btroll: so I need bigger pants.

Voltage fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 2, 2014

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Voltage posted:

Getting rid of my old "bagman" saddlebags -they are old and a corner is partially melted on the outside, but they work fine and the zippers are good. I'll give them away for the cost of shipping.
If anyone lives near Albany, NY and wants to grab them, they are free.

How do they mount to the bike? Is it a frame, or just a swatch of nylon that goes under the seat or what?

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Snowdens Secret posted:

Are you sure you mean Euro 44 and not US 44/Euro 54? Euro 44 is like a size 2XS, seems like it'd be comically small on a six footer. If it's US 44 I might be interested, my bike is red.

Ugh, yes you're correct! I'm on my phone, but when I get home I'll make a proper post with more pictures.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How do they mount to the bike? Is it a frame, or just a swatch of nylon that goes under the seat or what?

Just some nylon you put under the seat.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I'd be interested if JSB doesn't want 'em.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Since two people called dibs, I am still in need of saddle bags!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

For the cost of shipping? I'll take them

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Sold!

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 2, 2014

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I'm a dummy and I'm selling some stuff that's not even a month old because I have impulse buying issues and bought some other stuff to replace it already. My stupidity can be your gain. Everything listed here is only two or three weeks old and has only been worn a few times because it keeps raining here. Prices will include the cheapest form of shipping available via Fedex. If you want to pay more for faster shipping we can certainly work something out. I have receipts proving both the age of the gear if you are curious.

Dainese D-Dry Evo Pants - $280 - Size 52

Sedici Lucio Shorty Gloves - $75 - Medium

Alpinestars SMX-1 - $130 - Size 43 EUR/9 US

SevenZeroSeven Backlash Helmet - $150 - Medium

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

sold

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 8, 2014

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
I'm looking to buy a 2008 or newer R6 or CBR600RR for less than $7000 in the Pacific Northwest.

Or a fly and ride somewhere within a day's ride.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

ChewedFood posted:

I'm looking to buy a 2008 or newer R6 or CBR600RR for less than $7000 in the Pacific Northwest.

Or a fly and ride somewhere within a day's ride.

You could buy an 06-07 R6 for $4000 and save some money. The CBR is gonna be a big jump in price compared to an R6 from my experience.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

Baller Witness Bro posted:

You could buy an 06-07 R6 for $4000 and save some money. The CBR is gonna be a big jump in price compared to an R6 from my experience.

Yeah but I really don't like the way (edit: that model) R6 looks that much. I would be settling if I got an R6.

edit: the new model looks pretty good.

Also I could do a 2007 CBR but I don't want to pay $7000 for a 7 year old bike. Also, CBR 1000s and R1s are not out of question but they are usually too expensive.

Edit: Nevermind. I got the chance to get on an r6, cbr600, fz09, and then a street triple r. I need a street triple. Nothing compares. It felt so right.

Second edit: sorry for making GBS threads up this thread. I bought a brand new street triple.

ChewedFood fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 11, 2014

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
I'm doing some spring cleaning, and selling some gear!

First is a pair of SIDI Way Mega Rain Boots in US Men's 10. This is the mega version, so the footbed is wider than most euro boots. $100 Shipped

Next, a Fieldsheer Alpina jacket, Women's size 10. $80 shipped.

A pair of scorpion savannah pants, size "XXL" (which is about a 10 or 12). As you can see, I've removed the rhinestones and dulled the flowerprint. $60 Shipped

And, saving the best for last, a new pair of Velocitygear metalwear gloves, size small. Never worn, super :black101: $75 Shipped.

I'm just trying to clean out the closet, so I'm open to offers.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

NippleFloss posted:

I'm a dummy and I'm selling some stuff that's not even a month old because I have impulse buying issues and bought some other stuff to replace it already. My stupidity can be your gain. Everything listed here is only two or three weeks old and has only been worn a few times because it keeps raining here. Prices will include the cheapest form of shipping available via Fedex. If you want to pay more for faster shipping we can certainly work something out. I have receipts proving both the age of the gear if you are curious.

Those gloves are a Cyclegear brand and have a 30 return policy. You can take them back for a refund. Some CG stores will give you a refund for the helmet, too. Depends on who's working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Some spring cleaning:

Teiz Powershell. Custom black / hi-viz colorscheme. It's a Large, I bought it used so I can't be 100% sure it's not custom-fit, but I don't think so. Full description and size chart:

http://store.teizms.com/power-shell

http://www.teizms.com/images/1piece.jpg

Includes Exkin Air thermal liner, body armor, and I've got knee sliders for it if you want them.

This is a super nice suit. Unfortunately it's just a touch too small for me; I'm about 5'11", and it's too tight in the crotch standing up, and on the bike it exposes too much ankle, just a little in both cases. If you're about 5'9" it's probably perfect.

$370 shipped.