Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

On the off chance some UK goon wants to buy my Multi, here's a link to the ebay auction.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221501891226?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Buy it now was £2000, but deals can be made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012
Hello, I'd just like to post and say that if any of you guys are selling a bike near Albuquerque please let me know. I'd rather buy a bike at a fair price from someone around here than troll Craigslist for a month or go to a dealer.

giundy
Dec 10, 2005
Putting this up again since I still don't have a bike. Tour Master Centurion, used less than one year. Not bad riding up to 90 degrees or as low as 35 with the quilted liner. Waterproof, knee, elbow and shoulder protection. Size medium, up to 5'11", stretches for a larger guy, but not taller.

Goon price $220, will work out shipping. Located in Cincinnati.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

giundy posted:

Putting this up again since I still don't have a bike. Tour Master Centurion, used less than one year. Not bad riding up to 90 degrees or as low as 35 with the quilted liner. Waterproof, knee, elbow and shoulder protection. Size medium, up to 5'11", stretches for a larger guy, but not taller.

Goon price $220, will work out shipping. Located in Cincinnati.

Do you have an estimate of how big the waist can get?

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Sold!

Voltage fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 9, 2014

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

What can you do for chucking them in the mail to Canada? Postal code T1H 5N3?

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

slidebite posted:

I'll stop by the fedex building next to my job
tomorrow morning and see.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

slidebite posted:

Is that a real postcode? Or is this some common way of hiding your postcode like people do their phone numbers that I'm missing?

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
That's a completely legit Canadian one.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Voltage posted:

I'll stop by the fedex building next to my job
tomorrow morning and see.

Oh god, not Fedex, it'll cost as much as the gloves and is only mildly better than UPS which is horrific for international shipments. USPS would be the only feasible way I'd be interested.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

If slidebite doesn't buy them let me know - my gloves are literally falling apart at the seams.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If shipping by mail is a pain, I relinquish dibbs and feel free to let ^^ have them, no worries. :)

giundy
Dec 10, 2005

The Senator Giroux posted:

Do you have an estimate of how big the waist can get?

At least 40", I can check and get an actual, its pretty generous.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

giundy posted:

At least 40", I can check and get an actual, its pretty generous.

That would be great. Thanks!

giundy
Dec 10, 2005
In an unscientific metod of measuring with my arms at my sides inside the thing to simulate being bigger, measured 45" on the outside, so probably 44" inside.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Lowering kit for a newgen ninja 250 for sale.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mpo/4611779985.html

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Hahaha "Only trades I'd consider are old nintendo games." I guess we all have a bit of gooniness hiding somewhere.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I think owning a Ninjette is all the evidence of gooniness you need.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

You take that back :reject:

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Radbot posted:

I think owning a Ninjette is all the evidence of gooniness you need.

well I have been considering a SV650 or DRZ400sm
:goonsay:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Do iiiiiittttttt. I did my first group SuMo ride last weekend. Hauled balls through 30 miles of twisties to get to the 30 or so miles of dirt we rode.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

needknees posted:

Great deal on some nice leathers! Selling my Joe Rocket Honda leathers. Solid construction, thick leather, fully perforated. Never been crash tested and in great condition.

Selling because they are a little short in the torso for me. I'm 6' 180lbs and they're snug in the chest/gut (they fit a hell of a lot better twenty pounds ago... :shepicide: ) with a Knox Contour back protector. Sliders have a little life left in them.

Pics

$350 shipped or $325 picked up. Located in central Iowa but I will be at ACC for the 8/2-8/3 weekend.

Price update 275 local, 300 shipped.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Olympia Phantom XL

I've taken maybe a handful of trips with this suit, and it's in what I would consider to be like new condition. It only has some bug guts on it, but everything else is pretty much pristine. I'd like $250 shipped for it. The size is an XL. It's pretty huge on me since I'm a 44 jacket / 34 waist, but the extra room helped w/ the riding position issues I experienced. I know sizing can be tough on these, so if you buy it and it doesn't fit I'll refund you the $$ minus actual shipping costs.

Suit review here:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/olympia-moto-sports/phantom/

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I want to buy a pair of lightly used gloves, anybody got a pair what they don't need?

My hands:
18.5 cm from wrist crease to tip of index finger
19 cm to middle finger
18.5 cm to ring
9 cm across palm (perpendicular to fingers)
~10 - 11 cm from wrist crease to base of fingers
I wear a medium in Mechanix gloves, a large in Gordini snowboard gloves, and I think my dying pair of Cortechs is M as well. I like a snug fit.

I'm after some gauntlets if possible, and my budget is about $50 right now.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=1734
I have these in Medium - I've worn them a few times. If they'd fit you I'll send 'em off for the price of shipping.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

BlackMK4 posted:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=1734
I have these in Medium - I've worn them a few times. If they'd fit you I'll send 'em off for the price of shipping.

PMed.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

REV'IT! Striker Gloves: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-striker-gloves

I got these late last season and have probably worn them for about 1,000 miles. I got a pair of gauntlet gloves for using at the track one day, and now don't need these.

They are in size XL, but I wear an L in every other glove I've tried on. They run small, so bear this in mind. I've really liked these but I wanted something with more protection. They are super comfortable and I love the fact you can use your cell phone or anything with a touchscreen. Use an iPad on your tank bag. Go hog wild!

They have a little bit of dirt and such on the white parts of the glove, but I didn't want to clean them in a way that would damage the leather.

$68 shipped from Revzilla, $41 shipped from me.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I think BlackMK4 and I have a deal going. If anything changes, I'll probably hit you up. I like the look of those. There are a few decent looking pairs in the 40 - 50 range on ADV, but your deal is better.

Either way, thanks for the offer and I'll update soon.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I think BlackMK4 and I have a deal going. If anything changes, I'll probably hit you up. I like the look of those. There are a few decent looking pairs in the 40 - 50 range on ADV, but your deal is better.

Either way, thanks for the offer and I'll update soon.

It was an offer to you and anyone else who wants gloves :)

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Well color me a little embarrassed. I'm the only person in the world, I'm the only person in the world...

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

n8r posted:

Olympia Phantom XL

I've taken maybe a handful of trips with this suit, and it's in what I would consider to be like new condition. It only has some bug guts on it, but everything else is pretty much pristine. I'd like $250 shipped for it. The size is an XL. It's pretty huge on me since I'm a 44 jacket / 34 waist, but the extra room helped w/ the riding position issues I experienced. I know sizing can be tough on these, so if you buy it and it doesn't fit I'll refund you the $$ minus actual shipping costs.

Suit review here:

I'm 6 foot 260lb with a big gut, is the waist on this generous? I already have a jacket from Olympia and XL is fine for me but i couldn't find any size info on the bottom half of the one pieces. I was looking at buying some new pants but for this price why not the whole package

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I'd wager if the XL jacket fits the XL suit would fit. I can sneak an entire half life ski helmet in the suit with it on so that's a lot of extra room. PM me or something if you're interested.

Edit: Suit sold.

n8r fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 17, 2014

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

A set of GIVI sidecases. One case has a somewhat decent scratch that I took a picture of. The other case has a bit of fraying with the straps.

http://imgur.com/a/kcfbQ
Here is a link to the album - I'll take paypal.

$225 including shipping

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

More gear to sell:

This is an old jacket - size 46 - too big for me then and now. Has a nice snap in liner and you can open up a bunch of venting. If you look at the larger images you'll see the 'patina' on the blue. Still looks good in my opinion, a very nice jacket. Has some soft armor but you could in theory put hard armor in. $85 shipped.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

n8r posted:

A set of GIVI sidecases. One case has a somewhat decent scratch that I took a picture of. The other case has a bit of fraying with the straps.

http://imgur.com/a/kcfbQ
Here is a link to the album - I'll take paypal.

$225 including shipping

Can I get more info on those? Locks, mounting brackets, size etc

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

They are a Givi Monokey case. I'm fairly sure they are basically this case:
http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products/cases/monokey-cases/e360n-40ltr-matte-black-case-detail

Not big enough to fit a helmet but still big. You will need to purchase a rear rack/side rack/etc to mount them. They both lock and use the same keys.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Excellent transaction with BlackMK4. A+ would buy again etc.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

n8r posted:

Olympia Phantom XL

Suit review here:

This suit didn't fit MrKing - so when I get it back it's up for sale again. Most likely once I get it I'll be tossing everything onto ebay.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

red19fire posted:

4 carbs is just 2 or 3 too many. I've been working on my 83 Suzuki GS750E every weekend for a month and change, and I just cannot get it to idle. I'm about to bite the bullet and take it to the shop to get fixed once and for all. Once I do that, I think I'm done with this bike, possibly all bikes forever. I've never had a bike that ran normally for more than a month.

Anyway, throwing this out there to see if anyone's interested, pre- or post- mechanic trip. It's in fantastic shape for a 30 year old bike, you can see the vintage bike thread and motorcycle Q thread for my ongoing battle with carburetors. Runs strong, I simply cannot figure out this idle, and I don't have the tools for it anymore.

As long as I can get somewhere above $2k $1500, I'll break even and be happy. Clean NJ title, owner's manual, tool kit too.
Im in Morristown, NJ.

This is a longshot, but if anyone wants to trade for some flavor of CB twin, I'm all ears. One, possibly two carburetors is the most I can handle.

Just wanted to update this. Took it to the shop, got it mostly fixed up to about 85-90%. Idles reasonably well and drives fantastically. It's just too big for me and I need the garage space. The shop quoted $1k for this, and money's tight so gently caress that.

Things still to do: Kreem gas tank (rust), rebuild carbs, adjust valves (have gasket). I also just noticed a tiny hole in one of the exhaust pipes :effort:

I will entertain any reasonable offer, I just need this beast gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
edit: wrong thread.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 3, 2014