Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

1990 Yamaha FZR600 with an indicated 66,000 miles, located in

PORTLAND, OR

sticker delete happened

Skier helped me clean the carbs (Thanks Skier!), runs way better now. Carbs were previously disassembled by a hamfisted moron but they came apart and went back together mostly fine. Still could use a sync but my tool hasn't arrived yet.

Cleaned carbs, new spark plugs
New fork seals
New tires and front brakes (pads and rotors) included, not installed. Current tires are old, current brakes had fork oil leaking onto the pads

Fox rear shock
Eliminator front fork (I think, I need to go confirm. It does have some because racebike part on there tho)
Stainless brake lines
D&D can
K&N pod filter
Jetting for the above (see pic of cardboard)
Feels like it has a different sprocket, I had a stock 1998 FZR600 and this one has way shorter gearing

Overall a cool old sportbike that was, at one point, someone's track whore. I'm selling it because I hate how stiff the suspension is (I'm a giant pussy and/or not fat enough for it). I've had a few bikes and I very much like riding, but I'm pretty ignorant - please forgive any errors or omissions.

Text is best (reception is crap at my house), I can MMS you a picture of it starting after at least a couple weeks not being ridden.

Five OH tree - 577-2107

Goddamn awful app, let me upload more than one picture at a time!

RIP Paul Walker fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

2004 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

My li'l sis is finally selling her completely babied and un-abused GSX-R.

One owner, never been down, mostly ridden in a straight line or posed on (except for all the times I absconded with it and scrubbed the tires in), 10K miles

Located in Seattle

Clean title in hand.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mcy/5749207346.html

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

hot sauce posted:

I'm in Washington DC. Drive would be 9 hours. I've been considering a WR250x and this is the cleanest one I've seen for sale. Let me get back to you.

If you go for it I'll drive you down and be your support vehicle on the way back up (if you let me ride part way :)).

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

"Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you get off that hog, Travis," Punchy said. I nearly fell off the bike, aghast. "You got a pussy in that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
it's in the wrong place, maybe he has a flap in the back like the pajamas kids used to have

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Actually selling it because I've had a few too many 'close calls' if you get what I'm saying 😒

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Actually selling it because I've had a few too many 'close calls' if you get what I'm saying 😒

Chill out on the streets and you'll be rewarded. I ran a 400/600 hybrid for 3 or 4 years. awesome little bikes.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

Chill out on the streets and you'll be rewarded. I ran a 400/600 hybrid for 3 or 4 years. awesome little bikes.

It was a joke about loving the hole on the seat, I expect better from your filthy mind 😒

This is my second fzr600, love 'em but this suspension is too much for my tender rear end. Would trade for a stock fzr in a heartbeat. Or a supercharged Buick.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
:wink: lolol

I ran a solid piece of abs sheet on mine for a seat. thinking back, dunno how or what the gently caress was wrong with me.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

"Why do you always unzip your pants when you get on your bike? You got a pussy on that thing?"

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Shadowlz posted:

"Why do you always unzip your pants when you get on your bike? You got a pussy on that thing?"

TheFonz posted:

"Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you get off that hog, Travis," Punchy said. I nearly fell off the bike, aghast. "You got a pussy in that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Look man, I aint got time to look up quotes.

You know how hard it is to post while loving my motorcycle?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Shadowlz posted:

You know how hard it is to post while loving my motorcycle?

Yes.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

TheFonz posted:

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Nur_Neerg posted:

Selling my 2004 SV650 in Seattle; asking for $3k including pitbull front and rear stands and whatever of my gear the buyer wants. Would take $2700 from a goon. :love:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/5742557288.html

Still for sale, would do $2500 for a goon without the stands.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Thanks for all the jokes about motorcycle loving! Bike is sold, hopefully the new owner stumbles upon this thread in a few years

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Want to be debt free. Can get a good head start by selling my bike.... buy it!

Bike: 2009 Yamaha FZ-1
Goon price: $5,500.00
Title: Clean/Clear and in hand

Great bike in really good condition. I've owned the bike for the last 2 years and have been really happy with it. Bike has just over 14,000 miles on it.

I've changed oil at the start of each season. Fork seals have been replaced and tires have just over 2,000 miles on them. They are Michelin Pilot Roads and should be good for another 5,000-7,000 miles. They're in excellent shape still.

Never had any issues with it. The FZ-1 is a great bike to own.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Decided after riding only a minimal amount over the last couple of months it's time to let the SuperDuke pass on to someone who's going to ride it more...
$15000
21k miles
Clean title, financed through SF Fire, can do the deal there to get the title signed off and transfered.

All maintenance done by me, with the exception of the Akra map flash. Valved have moved .01mm in the last 8k miles. Oil only changed with Motorex, Castrol SRF brake fluid, Motorex clutch fluid, Vesrah SRJL pads, Metzler M7RRs - new front that I need to throw on, rear has ~3k on it. Bike has been ridden like a KTM should be but treated very well, wouldn't hesitate to take it to the track or ride it across the country tomorrow.

Current issues:
I re-foamed the power parts seat with some stiffer memory foam and SupraCor - it doesn’t look great, but its really nice for long trips.
Some cosmetic flaws - I swapped the forks/case savers off a buddy’s racebike, so there’s some minor scraping on the bottom of the fork leg (verified straight by GP Frame and Wheel), scrape on the end of the Accosato lever, kickstand has been dragged at the track, resonator has been repaired on the Akra, plus the usual minor cosmetic flaws of 21k miles.

At rest, street trim:

At rest, track trim:

In action:

Mods Are:
GP 25mm cartridges in the forks
Superplush revalved rear shock
Full Akropovic Exhaust + Filter + KTM Akra map
Accosato PRS master cylinder
Adjustable levers
KTM Lever Protectors
Carbon Tail tidy
KTM Rearsets
KTM Powerparts seat / passenger seat
KTM Powerparts Rotors
KTM case cover protectors
KTM PHDS mounts
Passenger peg relocators (move the passenger pegs down and forward about 2 inches)
Custom Dynamics turn signals
Race Dongle

I also have a stack of accessories for it:
Pitbull rear stand
OEM Rotors
Renegade PAIR blockoff kit
WP Damper
KTM OEM Race Plastics/Race Tail
KTM Race Seat
KTM Solo Tail (Black)
Custom race belly pan
Spare orange / black OEM tanks
Extra plastics
Kickstand sensor delete kit
Vesrah SRJLs
OEM gauge/handlebar mount
OEM springs, 1.10 springs for the GP forks, spare OEM shock
Plus other assorted spares/etc

Oh, and if you're willing to wait a bit while I source parts and such, I could be convinced to build a 1290 SMR out of this bike as well for cash on top.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 3, 2016

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Heh... :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Oh uh cheaper price for friends. Ya you know where to find me if you want in.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
superduke.jpg

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Z3n posted:

Superplush revalved rear shock
Is that really the name of it? Is it like hellasupple bro?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

https://superplushsuspension.com/

Yeah its a thing. they do nice work. They've a shop in SF.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Hellasupple is hellaflushes more practical, laid back cousin.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

Hellasupple is hellaflushes more practical, laid back cousin.

The guy that runs Hellafunctional is a goon. (jamal) :v: Just mentioning since its hella.
http://hellafunctional.com/

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 6, 2016

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I have one of his stickers on my tool chest :3:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

BlackMK4 posted:

The guy that runs Hellafunctional is a goon. (jamal) :v: Just mentioning since its hella.
http://hellafunctional.com/

jamal is a cool dude. We miss him in SoCal, he brought so much clarity to the local suby meets :( Now his facebook posts are mostly just beer and mountain bikes

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

TheScott2K posted:

Sup d00dz, selling my Honda-branded leather jacket. It's a US 46, I'm 5'9 200 pounds and a little snug around the midsection. Yes, we are a fat country with self esteem-boosting size numbers. It has a Bilt-tastic CE back protector and CE armor on the elbows and shoulders. No idea what happened to the winter liner, but it's probably attainable if you look around. It's an adequate leather jacket for a sportbike rider at a pretty good price - if you own a Yamaha and feel like being ironic, come get it.

$150 shipped, $120 if you're local to 757.

This pussy magnet jacket is still for sale, y'all.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

SaNChEzZ posted:

jamal is a cool dude. We miss him in SoCal, he brought so much clarity to the local suby meets :( Now his facebook posts are mostly just beer and mountain bikes
He still hangs around AI giving advice on all things Subaru, and has sold me parts for my WRX on more than one occasion. :)

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

TheScott2K posted:

This pussy magnet jacket is still for sale, y'all.
Well if you put it that way,

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Have you ever lost your bike key?* Ever left your key in the ignition in the parking lot and need a fuckoff-big reminder so your poo poo doesn't get jacked?* Just want some flair so you can be a :c00lbert: motorcycle rider? Do you also have the persistent, irresistible impulse to perform idiocy on your ~SuiCycle~, and need a constant reminder that you are a fragile, delicate human being full of hard objects that turn into sharp hard objects when they break?*

*I have definitely not had any of these things happen to me, nope

Then you should definitely buy a "SELF CONTROL" keytag! Preferably mine. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure I'm the only one selling them, so you're stuck with this moron.

https://motoloot.com/pages/faq posted:

A: Ever seen a bike with scratches all around the key hole? How many times have you put your gloves on, only to realize your key is in your pocket?
Moto Key Tags are the solution to these problems! Our key tags are made from a 1.18" x 5.11" (3x13cm) piece of durable fabric, embroidered with designs that riders like you will love. This fabric won't scratch up your bike and will give you something to grab onto when fishing in your pocket for your key.

Beach Bum posted:

I want to take a page out of Adiabatic's Book of the Gorester and get one that says "SELF CONTROL".
Coydog asked where SELF CONTROL" came from, so I can only direct you to this thread and the Saga of the Gorester.

While it can be somewhat credibly alleged that I have a serious issue when it comes to the hoarding and hooning of motor vehicles in various states of repair, I only have use for at most ten of these things. However, all the manufacturers and sellers I found have pesky conditions like a minimum order. I needed to buy 50 to get some, so I'm selling the rest to whoever wants 'em. Since the keytags I'm ordering haven't been made yet, I'm grabbing a couple pictures of the keytags MotoLoot.com is currently selling for examples.

I imagine that my keytags will be muchly the same, except they will resemble the above proofs to remind you that you need to stop doing wheelies while filtering or some other such madness.

UPDATE: Chris at MotoLoot.com has sent me a basic proof. As I said, very basic, true to the inspiration.
(click for big)

Let me know if anyone has an issue with the design or wants to cancel their order. Nothing is set in stone yet so if there's suggestions I'll at least read them :)

Edit: My graphics guy did a quick photoshop

(NOT ACTUAL PRODUCT)

Beach Bum posted:

Aight I talked to Chris at MotoLoot.com and it's a minimum order of 50 @ $3.75USD. I'm perfectly willing to sell 'em off to any CA folks at cost+shipping (probably just a stamp on an envelope, so $4.25 each). I'm gonna talk to my graphic design buddy today and get a draft to Chris, but the rough idea is a simple black tag with white text. Anyone else want one?

At this point, I have no idea what the manufacture time is gonna be, I have not yet even determined any additional design parameters and format Chris will need so that I can get that to my graphic design guy, who I am meeting for dinner tonight. I will update in here as this progresses.
As seen above I have gotten a basic proof from Chris. I'm just gonna wait a couple days to make sure everyone who has asked for one is pleased with the design.

PRICING: Tentatively $5.00, shipped Continental USA via first-class letter mail. Additional shipping applies if you're elsewhere (sorry).
The vast majority of you are probably going to want to use Paypal. As such, I'm going to have to raise the price a bit more from what I previously said to cover the Paypal fees. Also, instead of creeping the price up bit by bit as we go along and I find more costs needing to be soaked, I'm just gonna call it $5.00 (Breakdown: $3.75/pc cost, $0.47 postage [I'm HOPING these things weigh less than an ounce so I can just drop 'em in a first-class envelope], $0.45 Paypal fee, leaves $0.33 for beer money). Even if I sell every one of these (50) at the so-called $0.33 profit I'd only make $16.50 so try not to feel too bad about making your minor contribution towards buying a goon a nice steak at the grocery store. If you buy multiples I'll see if I can stuff more in an envelope, but USPS is pretty sticky about their weight restrictions and you might end up get a Harry Potter-esque deluge of envelopes in your mailbox, minus the owls.

So yeah needed to move this discussion from the biek pics thread. Just post here if you want one I guess.

Current orders: 0 remaining, I can't believe I actually sold all these! Thank you to the folks below :toot:
PaintVagrant nobly set a precedent for overpaying, so if you're willing to pay more than $5.00 feel free to say so in your post.

The following posters called dibs before I did my pricing research, so they get their tags shipped at $4.25 and I pay the stupid tax for not doing said research.
-YF19pilot (1 @ $4.25) [SHIPPED]
-HandlingByJebus (1 @ $4.25)
-cursedshitbox (1 @ $4.25) [SHIPPED]
-Zipperelli. (1 @ $4.25) [RECEIVED]

-Coydog (2 @ $15.00) [RECEIVED]
-Revvik (1 @ $10.00)
-PaintVagrant (1 @ $10.00)
-HenryJLittlefinger (1 @ $5.00) [SHIPPED]
-makka-setan (1 @ $10.00 [SWE])
-pun pundit (1 @ $10.00) [SHIPPED]
-Z3n (4 @ $40.00) [RECEIVED]
-GriszledMelkaba (2 @ $10.00) [RECEIVED]
-Barnsy (1 @ $10.00 [AU])
-XYLOPAGUS (1 @ $10.00) [RECEIVED]
-Springfield Fatts (1 @ $10.00)
-The Royal Nonesuch (2 @ $15.00) [RECEIVED]
-dema (1 @ $5.00)
-Adiabatic (1 @ $free cause Gorester Licensing :v:) [SHIPPED]
-Tyro (1 @ $5.00)
-Verge (1 @ $10.00)
-NitroSpazzz (1 @ $10.00) [SHIPPED]
-Shimrod (1 @ $7.00 [AU])
-ilkhan (2 @ $12.00)
-McStephenson (1 @ $7.50)
-Label Facing Right (1 @ $10.00)
-ChewedFood (4 @ $30.00)
-Eaterofpoptarts (3 @ $15.00)
-Ancient TV (1 @ $10.00) [RECEIVED]

UPDATE: As seen in the two following quotes I have finally got off my lazy rear end and started packaging and shipping these drat things to clear some crap off my kitchen table. I will do my best to keep this post updated in:re: payment/shipping status.

Contact Information
beachbum.sb@gmail.com

:frogsiren:Payment information:frogsiren:
https://www.paypal.me/beachbumsb
https://www.venmo.com/beachbumsb
Google Wallet: beachbum.sb@gmail.com

Beach Bum posted:

They're right here, just staring at me.

Been working 7/week 10+/day for a month now, but

:toxx:Next day off, I promise I will set up my Venmo and everyone on the list can email me at beachbum.sb@gmail.com with their username and shipping details and I will package and ship these drat things, every stamp licked by yours truly:toxx:

Put "keytagSA" somewhere in your email so I can sort this out easily since that's my rando i-don't-care-what-goes-here email.

Edit goddammit that's not the right loving email it's .sb

Beach Bum posted:

Update: I have wrangled a day off this Tuesday :unsmigghh: Everyone who has emailed me their shipping details to the address above will get their keytags packaged on Tuesday, and I will drop them in the mail when payment request is fulfilled. I finally bit the bullet and set up a Paypal account since that what everyone seems to use. I also have Venmo and Google Wallet if you too, like me, hate Paypal (yes I know Paypal owns Venmo as of 2013 :argh:)

Since this is just postage-stamp shipping you don't get anything fancy like tracking numbers. If you don't get your tags you get a refund. Please be nice and don't ask for a refund if you get your keytags :unsmith:

I'm going through my email now responding to folks.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 14, 2017

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
I'll take one, sure.

EDIT: What the following posters said. Bill me $10. PP is Username at gmail.

Revvik fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 17, 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Ill take one too, but you should charge a few more bucks each to make sure you are covered if people back out or if shipping costs are higher. Or just to make a bit more beer money. Id pay 10 bux shipped. If you dont charge me 10 dollars, Ill just send you 10 anyways so deal with it

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

PaintVagrant posted:

Ill take one too, but you should charge a few more bucks each to make sure you are covered if people back out or if shipping costs are higher. Or just to make a bit more beer money. Id pay 10 bux shipped. If you dont charge me 10 dollars, Ill just send you 10 anyways so deal with it

:shobon:

Yeah but I'd feel hella dickish messing around with the on people when I've already quoted a lower price.

If you want to pay more, feel free to say so and I'll mark it down. All my costs are right there in the open. The one downside of going First Class is going to be no tracking, but the minimum entry for tracking is $6.45 from USPS and fuuuck that, I'll just send you another one or refund your money (or you can pay extra for tracking).

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 16, 2016

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm going to be sending 2.50 each, now, since PaintVagrant is going all bourgeoisie. Seriously, though, maybe add a little bit extra for your own work. I'll follow his lead and toss you an extra five on top of my order.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Coydog posted:

I'm going to be sending 2.50 each, now, since PaintVagrant is going all bourgeoisie. Seriously, though, maybe add a little bit extra for your own work. I'll follow his lead and toss you an extra five on top of my order.

My own work is going to be limited to applying stamps to envelopes stolen requisitioned from the office supply closet and hoping they get to where they're going. Chris is selling his for $8.99 so I mean, eh. This is just an idle thought of mine that's spun wildly out of control :v:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Beach Bum posted:

My own work is going to be limited to applying stamps to envelopes stolen requisitioned from the office supply closet and hoping they get to where they're going. Chris is selling his for $8.99 so I mean, eh. This is just an idle thought of mine that's spun wildly out of control :v:

:10bux:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I'll take one.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
I'm an adult. I have disposable income. I'm in for a keytag.

I'm across the pond so there will be international shipping. Would :10bux: cover it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

makka-setan posted:

I'm an adult. I have disposable income. I'm in for a keytag.

I'm across the pond so there will be international shipping. Would :10bux: cover it?

USPS says $2.13 for First-Class mail to Sweden, so call it $7.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 16, 2016