Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

OptimusMatrix posted:

I have a https://www.newenough.com gift card worth $334. They sell protective gear and parts and they're pretty competitive when it comes to prices and a great company to deal with. I sent in my helmet for a warranty issue and they just emailed me a gift card for the full price of the helmet. I no longer have my bike though so I have no use for a giftcard that is for motorcycle stuff. Make me an offer on it if you want it.

Goddamn you, posting this when I don't have a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Zenaida posted:

Giving my SV away (practically):

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/1619738358.html

:(

Oh man, if it weren't winter (and I weren't poor), I'd totally see about doing a fly-and-ride out to you to get that. :(

Bummer that you have to sell. Why are you guys parting ways? The BMW stealing all of your monies?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Zenaida posted:

Mostly just sick of it bucking me off

Bad poo poo's happened on it? What's gone on? I didn't see you in the Crash Test thread.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Ah poo poo I can't let my girlfriend see that Ninja for sale.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

BlueBayou posted:

Selling my Ninja :[

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/1660224685.html

JESUS loving CHRIST I WOULD BUY THIS IF YOU WERE LESS THEN A THOUSAND MILES AWAY.

Seriously.

Also, I'm really sorry that you have to sell. :(

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Oh I'm tempted, trust me I'm tempted.

But even then it would be a bike for Modify_Evolution. And truth be told I think getting it shipped would probably be cheaper then airfare+gas for getting it back to Chicago/Milwaukee.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

BlueBayou posted:

Yeah im wondering if the price it too low... but then again, Im assuming ill sell to a beginner who wont have the know how to fix a lot of the stuff. the price is to offset the hassle.

I think your price is too low, but as you said, you want it gone soon and with the least hassle :(

Really wish we were closer/it was warmer/Modify_Evolution could actually get enough time off work for a fly-n-ride.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
BLUEBAYOU

Modify_Evolution is looking into shipping quotes, or in a couple months we might do a fly-n-ride. If we were able to pay you for the bike now, would you be able to store it, or would any other goons in the area be able to store it, until we could do a fly-n-ride out there, or could arrange shipping? It might be a month or two until we could get it (how long in advance do shipping companies need?), so would you be able to store it that long (again, assuming we paid you for it asap)?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

BlueBayou posted:

Selling my Ninja :[

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/1660224685.html

IT IS OURS OURS OURS ALL OURS

And when I say "Ours", I mean "Modify_Evolution's". Getting details on shipping quotes now. Anyone have any other ideas on how to transfer more money to BlueBayou that doesn't involved taking it in the pooper from Paypal?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Zenaida posted:

Will an SV fit in the crate? Tsaven should buy my SV. It needs to get the hell out of my garage.

Tsaven should buy your SV, but he should also start working down these thousands of dollars of debt he racked up after months of being unemployed after his trip. And even now he's under-employed, barely enough to keep the debt pile from getting bigger. If he magically got a great job in the next few weeks, he might consider your SV, but that's kind of unlikely. (How much were you asking again? The CL ad expired)

It seems really silly to me paying . . . basically half what we're paying BB for the Ninja to ship it across the country, but Modify_Evolution loves the look at there's not much for less then $2000 in the used Ninja market out here. Some, but they're usually pretty banged up. A fly-n-ride would be pretty awesome, but it would end up costing more then having the bike shipped (looked into it), and the Ninja doesn't have much in the way of ability to attach luggage

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Fly-n-Ride. Take it down the Blue Ridge Parkway and hit up Deals Gap on the way.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Weinertron posted:

It worked for Tsaven Nava just fine!

Yeah he never crashed or almost died or broke anything.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

AncientTV posted:

Lowered to $100 shipped. BUY ME PANTS.

How far up do those size zips go?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Wow, I sure do fail at typeing. What Fuzzy said.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Z3n posted:

Why is money so short right now :argh:

Because you wasted it all going to the racetrack, duh

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
No title is going to be a deal breaker for almost everyone here. If you could get a title for it, I think you'd have way better chances.

(That being said, I'd be all over that if I wasn't poor. And it had a title)

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

AncientTV posted:

last drop, $85 shipped :(

I think it's that hardly anyone here is as scrawny as you :\

Well, I am, but I've already got my awesome Olympia Airglide pants, and as tempted as I am to keep feeding my gear addiction I just don't need more. Try posting them in ADV's Flea market, you'll get a ton of replies I bet

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Jabs posted:

I haven't worn that size since I was 16.

Bastard.

Still rockin' it at age 26 :D

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
My brother is selling his tricked-out Buddy 125 in Des Plaines, but is probably going to ask in the $2k range. Has the 161cc cylinder kit, hi-po adjustable rear shock, re-geared and weighted transmission, and full exhaust system. Watching a scooter pull a wheelie is a very odd experience.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
gently caress yeah I'm interested!

. . .

gently caress I'm poor :(

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
drat, that would be a sweet fly-n-ride

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Sybok posted:

2006 Ninja 250 $1100

gently caress you. gently caress you in the face.

(Translation: I wish I had $1100 right now)

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
FS: Pair of Kevlar-lined Draggin Jeans for tall & skinny people.

These are Carpenter's cut, size 30x32. I put about 8,000 miles on them, but they're in very good shape with hardly any wear. Very clean, no rips or tears, hardly any fading, freshly washed. (They're actually a little darker in person then they are in the photos.) Only selling because I upgraded to some Olympia Airglide pants and no longer wear these.

They come with the Knox knee armor that attaches to the inside of the pants with Velcro. They're loose enough that if you prefer you could wear some kind of dirt bike armor under them as well.

Goony discount of $55 shipped to the CONUS. Paypal plz! :)

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
They're a bit looser through the leg to allow extra room for the knee armor underneath, but other then that the fit is very typical

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

FieryMatrix posted:

I'll take em, let me know where to PayPal.

Tsaven hat google's email service

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
I'll take it.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Dschingis Khan posted:

Ninja 500

I'll take it. E-mail me at tsaven hat gmail dawt com and I'll work out how I'll get out to you. I can give you a couple hundered in deposit via paypal now if you like, and the rest when I pick it up.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Quick note, I'll post photos eventually, but I'm getting deployed overseas for a couple years and am selling my '97 Virago 750 that I did my massive trip on. It has ~62k miles, I'm in Chicago.

Bike has new fork seals and stator, starts and runs perfectly. I know this place isn't big on cruisers, and even as UJMs go it's not the best, but I'm REALLY not asking much for it. $750 or something like that, whatever you think is fair.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Shutup needknees. That was before I got the call to get deployed.

Chitowneddie, as long as you're going to ride it and use it, $650 would be fine with me.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
tsaven hat gmail dawt com.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Figure I should toss some pictures up for this.

It's my 1997 Yamaha Virago 750 that I took to on my 27,000 mile trip in the summer of '09. I'm asking $750 from a goon. I'm in Chicago.

Bike currently has 62,000 miles, and new fork seals, stator, and battery. Oil was changed religiously, final drive oil was changed about a year ago.

Farkles:
-Touring seat (have a stock seat as well)
-Saddlebag supports
-Matching leather saddlebags (not pictured)
-throttle lock
-Crash bars
-"custom" highway pegs (I made some brackets to move them way far forward to accommodate my legs, someone who doesn't have a 34" inseam might want to move them back a bit)
-"custom" getto luggage rack (The result of me, a welding torch, some bar stock and an evening melting metal)
-I THINK the PO removed the baffles in the mufflers, because this thing is way louder then my Wee-Strom. It's also possible that the pipes are completely aftermarket, because they don't look like the pipes on all the other pictures of Viragos that I can find.

Tires are a Dunlop Elite 3 on the rear, and a Meteelsezelelrzzecler Tourance on the front, both were put on in early July of '09, and have a little over half the usable tread left. They are square, rock-hard touring tires and should have at least 5-8k in them.

Issues:
-Turn signal switch is jammed over to one side so it will only activate turning left.
-Paint on gas tank is marred from where the handle on my tank bag rubbed.

There's not much I can say about this bike that most people here don't know. It is what it is, a big heavy cruiser. It's not a bad starter bike, as long as you respect the weight. The seat height is low and confidence-inspiring, which is good for new riders or the vertically-challenged.

The bike was unflappably, boringly reliable for me. I took it into places it was never designed to go, subjected it to things it was never built to take, and it never missed a beat. I have no reason to think it couldn't go for another 62,000 miles.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Fly-n-ride :)

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

redscare posted:

That's a really tempting loving price. I wouldn't be able to make it to Chicago until Thanksgiving weekend probably (need a long weekend to make it back, you see...) though.

And oh god what would I do with three bikes, I barely ride the two I have...

If you're actually interested, I could hold it with a deposit.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
You WILL post pictures of yourself riding around like that.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
tl;dr: Selling my black 2004 Wee-Strom in California in a couple weeks. Has a lot of miles and cosmetic dings, but is very sound mechanically and I won't be asking much for it. Bike has lots of farkles and is set up to be ridden a lot

Heads-up to any goons in CA, I'll be selling my 2004 V-Strom 650 there in a couple weeks. I'm currently in New Mexico and working my way slowly to California, and once I'm there I'm going to sell the bike and fly home.

Bike is . . . very well "adventured", but I will not be asking a lot for it. It's got 71,000 miles on it now, will probably have close to 80,000 by the time I sell it.

It has just about every farkle you could want for a touring Wee:

-Happy Trails rack and canyon-cut aluminum hard bags
-Rioch Intiminator inertia valves in the front suspension (same idea as Racetech Emulators, but slightly different)
-DL1000 seat (1" taller then stock)
-Givi crash bars
-Givi centerstand
-Givi mirrors (look WAY nicer then the stock squares, great visibility, much less noisy in the wind)
-K&N air filter
-Heated grips
-Givi hand guards
-Buell turn signals
-Throttle lock
-PVC tool tube
-16t front sproket (1 higher then stock)
-12v power outlet in the fairing
-Cortech strap-on tank bag

Regulars here will have a good idea already of how the bike has been treated. I would like to think that I've never abused or beaten on it, but I do ride the everliving piss out of it. It's an adventure bike, and it has the dings to show for it. If you're interested, I could write out a list of all the cosmetic issues with it, it's a . . . long list. However, everything mechanically with the bike is perfect and I've been religious about maintenance. When you ride as much as I do, you have to be.

-Valves were checked at 65k, all in spec
-New front sprocket and chain at 65k
-Fork seals done at 55k
-Rear wheel bearings replaced at 70k
-Oil changed regularly with Rotella T6

Recent pictures from my current trip (seat bag not included, tank bag and hard bags are):

This is no powderpuff bike, but it's been crazy reliable to me. Again, I'm not asking much. Probably a lot less then you'd think Make an offer.

*edit* I'll take $1800

Tsaven Nava fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 22, 2010

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Z3n posted:

Post it on BARF with your story. You'll get a lot of bumps, at least. And that'll at least give you some lowballs for worst case scenario.

You do have to have a suggested starting price there though.

Hey, newbies can't post in the "Bikes for sale" for 30 days after making a membership. Would you mind posting? I'd start talking at $2500 for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
I'd take $1800 for the Wee. That time in Guadalupe Mountains National Park took it's tole on the bike. The rack for the hard bags is pretty tweaked on the right side, badly enough that the rear bolt hole is cracked and the threads 90% ripped out. It's fine as is if you don't care about aesthetics, but it makes the bike look a bit lopsided.

Also, the turn signals are both held together with packing tape, but I guess I could get new ones for the right buyer.