Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Edit - My bike sold to a non-goon.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Nitramster, where are you located, and are those gloves more of a winter glove, or a summer glove? I'm looking for a pair of gloves but don't want something that is the equivalent of wearing mittens in the summer. Right now I'm wearing an old pair of leather work gloves.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Nitramster posted:

They are not a winter glove, they are your everyday glove, they are slightly perfed. I have not ridden in the summer yet, so IDK how they would be in 90+ degrees, but temp wise they were great in 60-80. I'm in 90501 (Torrance, CA)

I am interested in these but had some bills come up this month. If you still have them, I'd be interested in getting a bit more information from you about them (and hopefully buying them from you) in ~10 days when I get paid again. If you get someone else that can send the money immediately then please don't hold onto them for me. Just didn't want to leave you hanging.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Nitramster posted:

If xylo doesn't commit this week then yea you can have them. What other info do you need?

I was looking for measurements of the gloves and my google skills were pretty bad, but I finally found a sizing chart. After looking at a sizing chart I think I'll need something bigger than a large so I'm going to pass on this. Thanks though, back to the search for a different pair.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Goldwing is gone! If it was an anonymous goon, thanks! My dad is excited to have it out of his garage.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 19, 2012

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 12, 2012

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

fordham posted:

I'm selling my 99 Honda Shadow VT600C. Engine and transmission are in excellent shape, just like the rest of the bike. My wife doesn't like riding with me on it for more than an hour. The passenger seat is a bit of a thong.

Only modification is a 12v accessory outlet I added under the handlebars to power my GPS.

It was an awesome bike to learn to ride on. I've owned it for 2 years.

big pictures (my hosting):
http://www.crazyphools.com/2012-10-09%2013.04.57.jpg
http://www.crazyphools.com/2012-10-09%2013.05.06.jpg
http://www.crazyphools.com/2012-10-09%2013.05.13.jpg

It is due for valve clearance check and will need a new chain soon, possibly a new sprocket. I've got all the stuff to change the coolant and oil, which I'll do when I winterize if I still have it. Otherwise it's included with the sale of the bike.

I've listed it locally for $1700 but I'll take $1500 from a goon. I live in CT on the shoreline. I've got a trailer and can deliver within 100 miles or so if you cover gas for me (goon offer only).

If someone is interested in this bike, I have the service manual for it - 1997-2003 Honda Shadow Service Manual VT600C/CD/CD2 Shadow VLX/Deluxe. I'd let it go to a goon if you can just cover the cost of shipping, which I think is around $15-18. Fordham, if you're including the manual and didn't mention it, please let me know and I'll remove this post. Just thought I'd offer it out there to try and help.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

fordham posted:

I do NOT have the service manual, just the owner's manual. So this is a great thing to have if you will do maintenance yourself.

Thanks!

If no one bites soon I'll send you shipping costs and you can send it to me, I'll include it with the bike.

I saw that you sold this, was the buyer interested in the service manual? I'd really like to get rid of it since it's just sitting collecting dust right now.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Buy my 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C!

http://chambana.craigslist.org/mcy/4399090192.html

I'm asking $3500 there, I'd do a goon discount and bring it down to $3200. If you're interested but you think that price is too high, that's okay too - contact me and maybe we can work something out. I'm selling this bike because I bought a 2006 Honda VTX1300 and can't ride two bikes at once. I live in the Chicago area and the bike is currently stored at my parents' house near Champaign in their garage because I don't have one at my apartment. If you're seriously interested and in Chicago, I'll need a few days to work out the transportation of it to bring it up here.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 30, 2014

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Sold!

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 16, 2014

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I think I posted this before, but I have a service manual for a 1997-2003 Honda VT600C/CD/CD2 Shadow VLX/Deluxe. It's yours for the cost of shipping. I'm in the Chicagoland area, so if you want to meet up to get it, that works for me as well. I sold my Shadow 600 3 or 4 years ago, completely forgot to give him the manual, and it's been collecting dust ever since.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I've got a 1997-2003 Honda Shadow VT600C/CD/CD2 service manual for the Shadow VLX/Deluxe that I'm willing to send to someone for the cost of shipping. I no longer have this bike and the manual is collecting dust. If you prefer to meet in person to save shipping, I'm in the west/southwest Chicago suburbs, around Oak Brook, and I work in Des Plaines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This is kind of a long shot, but if anyone has an original front turn signal for a 1985 Honda Magna, either PM me or post here. I'm looking to buy one.