Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Panne posted:

I found it in Google cache, but I don't have the script that let you screengrab entire long screens. I did copypaste the thing, but it's loving long! Should I post it somewhere else and link to it or what?

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df5f8mfz_35wss6prfk&hl=en

and the cache from the forum he took down because of "hide behind the computer" types :v:

ebg fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B
Oh good! :D Hahah! He can hide but he can't run! The internet comes and bites him in the rear end pow pow!

Grushenka
Jan 4, 2009
My God, this comes just in time. I was feeling nostalgic for goon detectivery.

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
Words can't express how much I love this thread. I came for the zombaby, staid for the moral debate, but now internet detectives are bringing the comedy and goon justice this just went gold.

These people have so much drama in their lives I don't even know where to start in trying to dismantle and understand it.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

BunnySkull, I PMed you.

Looks like he's also Dan77 on the locals.ca forum

I think Dan77 is some other guy. Dan77 posts about metal groups that Dan Lirette would be more likely to protest than to laud:

http://www.fluctu8.com/media/9501/45630/

fluctu8.com posted:

Added: Friday, April 18, 2008
Source: Mother of all podcast feeds

Summary:
Dan Lirette, the ICM Team and friends confront the Moncton Wesleyan Church on holding a SECULAR heavy metal concert where they claim they were seeking to "reach youth" for Christ.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Panne posted:

Oh good! :D Hahah! He can hide but he can't run! The internet comes and bites him in the rear end pow pow!
Satan inspires us! :devil:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Apology posted:

I think Dan77 is some other guy. Dan77 posts about metal groups that Dan Lirette would be more likely to protest than to laud:

http://www.fluctu8.com/media/9501/45630/

Ah, thanks. Hadn't had the time to sit down and look more into depth with that.

I think he was born in 1976, too.

Inverse square
Jan 21, 2008
Ah but you see I was an 06 lurker
Hey I guess this may have been posted already, but it's a funny moral puzzle I just thought of. If you could find a way of inducing this in fetuses, would it be a morally responsible way of harvesting body parts? People get annoyed at parents for having children that benefit other children - might this be better, as there's no real human created?

Or you could just go further and do it for anyone you liked. Hey, it's more macarbe than petri dishes but it works. You could save lives.

EDIT: Whoah, I posted this from the first page, what the gently caress has been going on in the last few?

Inverse square fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 28, 2009

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!
WOW, Dan Lirette sure is batshit insane. (Just got done reading the entire blog post Involuntary Sparkle managed to save, thx!)

I wonder how much Myah knew about Dan before preaching then jumping into bed with him? I can imagine not too, too much. Sure he confessed a few long in the past sins before he "came to jesus" but nothing recent or unsavory.

I can see her, finding out she's knocked up, he runs away to jesus & the wife. Depressed, and angry, she decides to try and find him online and discovers that his open air preaching has been mocked and ridiculed from one town to the next. Threads are dedicated to his antics and his past insanity. Myah sits there and think, gently caress, this whose baby I'm carrying!?!?! This is who I sinned against Jesus for!?!?!? Fast forward a few days in a doctor's office, "Bad news, your baby has no brain." Egads!!! This has not been a fun trip for old fundie Myah. But when you search for your redemption on Craig's List, can you really expect much more?

What a roller coaster Myah has been on. As far as I can tell finding Jesus has been nothing but bad news for Myah. Pretty good morality tale for those considering getting saved. What I can't get over is with this extremely tawdry, tacky, background that she goes on to blog about the baby, speak at pro-life functions, etc... Seems like a pretty big risk for some major embarassment, but then again Myah doesn't seem like the type to "think things through" before jumping into action.

I also have to think more than a few people are aware of all of this. Obviously rumors would have spread like wildfire at whatever church she was "staff" at. Also the whole Facebook group intro. - two paragraphs about Myah "knowing she sinned" blah blah - makes a lot, lot more sense now. It seemed strange for them to harp on this when I first read it, but now with this background it fits perfect. That's probably a tip of the hat acknowledgment to anyone from that church that stumbles on the group - a not so subtle "Shhhh, she knows she shouldn't have hosed Dan Lirette. But don't say poo poo about it here, mkay?"

Lord this is really some kind of insane fundie soap opera.

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
Oh, can the OP be updated now? After seeing a few people who read the first page, posted, and they were all wtf? It's probably a good idea. Don't have to go into great detail on the story, just major updates - when I found all that stuff on Myah & Dan (and speculation started) and then StonePanda striking gold with the admission from Dan.

Also, anyone think that maybe pushing all this miracle baby stuff is Myah's way of ensuring Dan's nose is rubbed in it? I mean if he took off and doesn't have contact with her one good way of insuring he hears about "his baby" is to make it a superstar of the fundie preaching circuit. (Also, bets on if he abandoned Myah before or after finding out the baby had no brain? She found out pretty early on I think, so I bet the bastard ran when he heard it was hosed up.)

angrykid
Apr 9, 2006

My puppy progeny will prove themselves well-trained, classy, and dignified.

BunnySkull posted:

Also, anyone think that maybe pushing all this miracle baby stuff is Myah's way of ensuring Dan's nose is rubbed in it?

Honestly, I doubt it. Making her baby popular enough on the internet for Dan to hear about it would require more planning skills than Myah has. While she originally used her pregnancy as a tool for pro-life speaking, I think she's just regular ol' crazy at this point. She didn't expect the baby to live this long and now she's lost it.

E3M1
Aug 7, 2006
I love goons. I love this thread, even if it makes me doubt all faith I had in mankind.

Mint Julep
Jan 3, 2009
Also, something lame I'd like to point out (unless I'm wrong about this) but this Dan guy didn't actually go to jail, he went to "youth jail" for 6 years.

Seriously now, that's just jail lite. The people at the Moncton board were calling him "not only a religious poser, but a badboy poser." :D

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

God bless you guys for uncovering all this dirt, this thread has been amazing. I'm so excited now, I just want to do the tango with Myah! :dance: With Faith as the rose in the teeth of course.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Can someone post a summary of what's going on with this Dan guy?

I think I have it but let's see...

*Myah meets Dan from Craigslist. Dan's a raving fundie who preaches and poo poo and spent some time in some sort of juvenile center.

*Dan is married but he takes a spiritually-deprived Myah under his wing and converts(?) her to a pro-life fundie.

*Myah fucks Dan, gets pregnant and doesn't take her folic acid and, among other reasons, is punished by GOD and has a brainless-baby

*Dan abandons ship sometime after loving Myah and continues to go about preaching his ways to whomever.

*then ??? Myah blogs?

Is that right?

M_E_G. ADI. K
Dec 11, 2006

Pepper posted:

Well, see, I was thinking the same thing at first. A garden where people plant the seeds of dead babies to grow into baby cabbage to make Cabbage Patch Kids, but on further reflection it seems to be more like the Rainbow Bridge... for babies!

I admit I had to google this to work out what you were talking about

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

quote:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge...

So I guess all the drowned kittens and the puppies that were beaten to death go to Doggie Hell then? :smith:

Oh...that explains why the pro-lifers feel the way they do. Abortions are the human equivalent of drowned kittens and go straight to Hell, instead of running free through the woodlands and meadows with the dead pets and miscarried foetuses.

Pepper posted:

I didn't know Heaven was divided into subsections. Is that in the Bible?

I think it has a tier system, like the circles of Hell and your access level depends on how much money you give Pat Robertson.

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE

johnny sack posted:

Can someone post a summary of what's going on with this Dan guy?

I think I have it but let's see...

*Myah meets Dan from Craigslist. Dan's a raving fundie who preaches and poo poo and spent some time in some sort of juvenile center.

*Dan is married but he takes a spiritually-deprived Myah under his wing and converts(?) her to a pro-life fundie.

*Myah fucks Dan, gets pregnant and doesn't take her folic acid and, among other reasons, is punished by GOD and has a brainless-baby

*Dan abandons ship sometime after loving Myah and continues to go about preaching his ways to whomever.

*then ??? Myah blogs?

Is that right?

Pretty close, but I think Myah was well on the fundie path by the time she sought/ met Dan via Craig's List. She meets him via craig's list post, asking for a "good christian church in Moncton" He introduces her to Highfield Baptist Church, where she becomes involved in youth ministry and gets hired on as staff.

Dan takes her under his own personal wing and has her tag along to his "open air preaching" and even gets her to do it too. (This is where all those forum posts come into play because apparently some guy on the street very strongly told them to GTFO and he runs to the message boards saying he was "attacked" or that Myah was during "preaching the gospel." All the locals there know Dan and what a stupid batshit fundie he is - for the most part he is laughed off the boards. Some fundie boards take him seriously.

It's during their whirlwind street-preaching that romance blooms, Myah & Dan become sinful adulterers and whammo Myah is preggo. Dan finds out and freaks the gently caress out eventually confessing to his wife (or so he claims) and runs off to a new "church" to get saved, forgiven and preachy all over again. Myah finds out she is having a brainless zombie baby. The BIG question is, did Dan run off to Jesus before or after finding out the baby was a zombie? Can't get the timeline on that figured out.

But then you are correct, it ends with,

* Myah starts wacko pro-life blog about "miracle baby," becomes darling of fundie pro-life newsgroups

* SomethingAwful.com discovers Myah and starts digging up her dirt.

EDIT: What needs to happen is Dan needs to get an account to defend himself. We need either his side or Myah's of this tawdry tale and since Myah is busy taking care of Zombaby (and Dan certainly ISN'T) I think he would be the better candidate to update us.

He may think running off was the biggest mistake of his wanna-be a televangelist career. Myah has the last laugh because the kid is fundie superstar and the "littlest pro-life witness" Had Dan stuck around he could be cashing in on this bigtime - doing his preaching circuit with the "miracle baby" and the money would be pouring in! But no he ran away like the little hypocrite fundie coward he obviously is and is back to street preaching somewhere else and getting laughed at.

BunnySkull fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 28, 2009

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Waffle Grid posted:

I haven't seen anything in the thread about it, so I just thought I'd chime in. In regards to all the folic acid stuff, well, you can actually take too much, it's been all over the news in Canada recently. They add it to basically everything now and they're finding that if people are taking supplements on top of that it can cause big problems like breast and colon cancers.

So everyone wanting to guzzle it down because of this thread, try and find out what your intake is now to see if you actually need it.

Not to detract from the awesome Dan=Scumbag discussion, but this is the first I've heard this. Everything I've read says it's nearly impossible to get a toxic level of folic acid. It's water soluble, so no matter how much you take, your body flushes out the excess.

In a quick google search I only found one warning, which came from Canada, and even that article (http://www.canada.com/Health/much+folic+acid+trigger+cancer/796895/story.html) went back and forth, from:

quote:

"We don't know whether taking vitamin supplements and fortifying food [with folic acid] ? actually accelerates cancer risk among susceptible people, but there is certainly a scientific basis for that possibility," Mason said.

to

quote:

Health Canada has reviewed what it calls the "inconsistent" evidence on the issue, and has no plans to alter or cancel the program, said Alastair Sinclair, a department spokesman.

"It is not possible to conclude that fortification has increased the rates of colorectal cancer incidence in Canada," he said.

And pretty much concluding:

quote:

"It was meant to prevent neural-tube defects, and it did a wonderful job. [But] for people with pre-cancerous cells, or undiagnosed colon cancer tumours, giving high-dose folic acid or having high folate levels might actually make their condition worse."

Other experts, though, argue that fortifying food offers well-proven health advantages, while evidence of any cancer risk is inconclusive at best.

quote:

British experts on spina-bifida argued in a letter to The Lancet last year that the trial published in the New England Journal showed no significant evidence that folate can be carcinogenic. And, like Ray, they said the increased cancer rates identified in Mason's study were likely just a result of stepped-up screening for colorectal cancer.

In the meantime, a study published last month in the World Journal of Gastroenterology offered a much rosier view of the vitamin. It found that after three years, patients who took folic acid supplements actually had a third as many of the polyps that can lead to colorectal cancer as those taking a placebo.

In other words, I guess, it's all how you interpret the data.

The closest thing I could find on a recommendation on how much to take comes from the March of Dimes:

March of Dimes posted:

There is no known toxic level for folic acid. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests that women consume no more than 1,000 micrograms (1 milligram) of folic acid per day. If you eat a diet rich in folate and take 400 microgram folic acid supplement, you will still fall well within the recommended range.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about it. With news stories breaking practically weekly about some new thing causing cancer, I'd say your odds are still much better taking a supplement each day than not taking it at all (Disclaimer: I am not a doctor).

Now, back to your regularly scheduled craziness.

FuzzyDunlop
Oct 7, 2003

in ur chest, meltin ur heart
I have to admit, even after all the poo poo that has been dug up about her, I still feel very, very sorry for this woman. Yes, she is foolish and naive and delusional. She probably always has been, and that made her easy prey for a scumbag like this Lirette guy. Her pro-life crusade is distasteful and hypocritical, certainly, but I completely understand why she's gone down this route. In her mind, she's a sinner being punished by God. And he isn't just punishing her--he's punishing the baby she conceived in sin.

This woman's life is completely ruined. It was ruined by her foolishness and naivete, it was ruined by Dan Lirette, and deep down, I think she knows God and religion ruined it too. There is nothing to be happy about here, there's nothing to celebrate. She's being "punished" for her stupidity and poor choices with the miserable life she's living.

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE

FuzzyDunlop posted:

I have to admit, even after all the poo poo that has been dug up about her, I still feel very, very sorry for this woman. Yes, she is foolish ....

This woman's life is completely ruined. It was ruined by her foolishness and naivete, it was ruined by Dan Lirette, and deep down, I think she knows God and religion ruined it too. There is nothing to be happy about here, there's nothing to celebrate. She's being "punished" for her stupidity and poor choices with the miserable life she's living.

Ah, how much sympathy can you have for someone who brings everything on themselves? I would agree with you except I don't think she believes "she is being punished by god via the baby for her sins" I mean she is openly celebrating the "miracle" of her baby on a blog. If she was "ashamed" or thought this was punishment I don't think she would have made such a spectacle of herself - no matter how desperately she wants to push her pro-life fundie agenda. If she really thought that about the baby - this would have been much more on the QT instead of blabbed to every christian news service under the sun. In the blog she constantly says "God is on our side" so I think your reading to much in to it.

(Not saying with her beliefs it wouldn't be logical to assume that no-brain baby is a punishment for sin, but if she ever considered that it didn't stick because her blog certainly doesn't indicate that. However, the fundie facebook group at least hints at it. But no EVERY Fetus is a MIRACLE even if it has to be created with something as distasteful and evil and fornication.)

lemon shark
Aug 25, 2003

HOoray!

BunnySkull posted:

Oh, can the OP be updated now? After seeing a few people who read the first page, posted, and they were all wtf? It's probably a good idea. Don't have to go into great detail on the story, just major updates - when I found all that stuff on Myah & Dan (and speculation started) and then StonePanda striking gold with the admission from Dan.

Also, anyone think that maybe pushing all this miracle baby stuff is Myah's way of ensuring Dan's nose is rubbed in it? I mean if he took off and doesn't have contact with her one good way of insuring he hears about "his baby" is to make it a superstar of the fundie preaching circuit. (Also, bets on if he abandoned Myah before or after finding out the baby had no brain? She found out pretty early on I think, so I bet the bastard ran when he heard it was hosed up.)

What should I add to the OP? Someone give me a breakdown to post and I'll edit it. I'm still trying to catch up on this myself holy poo poo this is like an internet detective rollercoaster ride :psyduck:

FuzzyDunlop
Oct 7, 2003

BunnySkull posted:

Ah, how much sympathy can you have for someone who brings everything on themselves? I would agree with you except I don't think she believes "she is being punished by god via the baby for her sins" I mean she is openly celebrating the "miracle" of her baby on a blog. If she was "ashamed" or thought this was punishment I don't think she would have made such a spectacle of herself - no matter how desperately she wants to push her pro-life fundie agenda. If she really thought that about the baby - this would have been much more on the QT instead of blabbed to every christian news service under the sun. In the blog she constantly says "God is on our side" so I think your reading to much in to it.

I find the woman distasteful, certainly, but I bet you it's all false bravado. I think what she posts on her blog is the idealized version of her life as she now sees it. I'm definitely reading into it, and I think it's a technique for her to continue to delude herself, because that makes her feel better. Deep down, I think she's miserable and feels incredibly guilty, which is part of why she's plastered herself on the internet this way.

We shouldn't forget that a huge portion of what's on the net about her is coming from other agents that are using her story for their own means. The only thing Myah seems directly involved in is the blog, and maybe the Facebook group (haven't read it, and it's private now). Reading the blog from the beginning you can see that none of it started out this way. It was far more personal and seemed to be her way of coping, before the baby lived longer than expected and the "God's Miracle" crowd started getting involved. I think she's running with that line because it's the only comfort she has.

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE

lemon shark posted:

What should I add to the OP? Someone give me a breakdown to post and I'll edit it. I'm still trying to catch up on this myself holy poo poo this is like an internet detective rollercoaster ride :psyduck:

First this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3121857&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=30#post3599

It's the one where I discovered Dan & Myah, and it discussed their open air preaching and other stuff.

Involuntary Sparkle came across a long post by Dan on his "testimony" (still have the link but Dan went back and took it down once we found the juicy bits - but InSpk has it all copy pasted and saved if needed)

Then this post by StonePanda http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3121857&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=33#post360005204
Where he finds, and quotes, the section where Dan admits to an affair and getting a "girl from his church's staff" knocked up. Then he proceeded to go through the internet and take down the numerous videos of him and Myah preaching together.

That should do it I think - anyone else think something more should be added to the OP to get people up to speed?

EDIT: You could add this summary, if needed, from a previous post I did when someone asked for a summary:
Myah meets Dan via craig's list post, asking for a "good christian church in Moncton" He introduces her to Highfield Baptist Church, where she becomes involved in youth ministry and gets hired on as staff.

Dan takes her under his own personal wing and has her tag along to his "open air preaching" and even gets her to do it too. (This is where all those forum posts come into play because apparently some guy on the street very strongly told them to GTFO and he runs to the message boards saying he was "attacked" or that Myah was during "preaching the gospel." All the locals there know Dan and what a stupid batshit fundie he is - for the most part he is laughed off the boards. Some fundie boards take him seriously.

It's during their whirlwind street-preaching that romance blooms, Myah & Dan become sinful adulterers and whammo Myah is preggo. Dan finds out and freaks the gently caress out eventually confessing to his wife (or so he claims) and runs off to a new "church" to get saved, forgiven and preachy all over again. Myah finds out she is having a brainless zombie baby. The BIG question is, did Dan run off to Jesus before or after finding out the baby was a zombie? Can't get the timeline on that figured out.

But then you are correct, it ends with,

* Myah starts wacko pro-life blog about "miracle baby," becomes darling of fundie pro-life newsgroups

* SomethingAwful.com discovers Myah and starts digging up her dirt.

--- But the links are the most important thing - so people can read it for themselves.

BunnySkull fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 28, 2009

Dandy Cat
Mar 21, 2008

Wonder Bra posted:

The strange thing about this thread is that it's actually made me seriously reconsider whether I would carry an anencephalic baby to term.

My first thought was, "No, it would be merciful to terminate the pregnancy and far too traumatic for my husband and I to carry a doomed baby to term."

Then, I started reading some of the anencephaly blogs with more normal stories and realized that carrying a baby with this condition to term is actually more helpful than aborting. On top of being able to donate cord blood, you can donate fully functional organs that will help save other childrens' lives.

It's extremely difficult to find donor organs for babies because they are statistically less likely to be involved in accidents or die under circumstances that make organs viable for transplant. Full-term anencephalic babies have a good chance of saving another infant's live.

So I think if I could deal with it, I'd carry to term to help people.

But! What terrifies me more than carrying to term is the thought that something like this would happen. What most people mean when they say Faith is a miracle is that it's miraculous she's lived so long off of life support. Really, it's pretty amazing (weird, freaky, whatever)... given that most anencephalic babies die after hours or days.

But to me this is the worst case, NOT best case scenario... to be prepared for your severely damaged baby to die, and then to have it live. Just waiting for it to die and knowing it was coming soon... but when? I imagine Myah looked at it as a blessing, being able to spend more time with her "condemned" infant. But I think as more time passes, the days that were a "blessing" become a trial and a struggle, then kind of horrific.

It has to be hard SEEING and experiencing that your child isn't thriving and will never thrive... much different than being told this by doctors while still pregnant.

I hope on some level she realizes these things, even if she's so deep in denial that she's built a wall of false hopes to protect herself from the pain.

Pretty much sums up what I would think. I had a baby and the entire time I was pregnant I was worried something terrible would happen. I cannot imagine the pain this woman went through to know that having a baby with this condition means that it WILL die and will NOT be normal. I mean, after 12 hours of labor or whatever going through all that pain and hoping everything will just be alright only to have this baby born would be heartbreaking. I just don't know what I would do. I don't think the choice that she made was the correct one, but I honestly can't say what I would do in a situation like this. I think that in all reality, it would make me crazy. Kind of like her, but I wouldn't keep it "alive" I don't think. I just don't really know. This whole situation is so hosed.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

BunnySkull posted:

Involuntary Sparkle came across a long post by Dan on his "testimony" (still have the link but Dan went back and took it down once we found the juicy bits - but InSpk has it all copy pasted and saved if needed)

eightbitgirl was kind enough to put it up on Google docs, too:

eightbitgirl posted:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df5f8mfz_35wss6prfk&hl=en

and the cache from the forum he took down because of "hide behind the computer" types :v:

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
EDIT: ^^^ Ah great, that needs to be added to the OP then too.

Yes, we need to get that OP updated pronto. There has been quite a few posts where people read the OP, read a few pages, and then comment with no idea of what has been uncovered. Disappoints me too, when I try to check on the thread at work and see new posts I hope, "oooh, more dirt & discoveries" but then it's just someone who's read stumbled upon the thread for the first time expressing their horror/thoughts. Kind of ruins the flow of the whole tawdry soap opera were uncovering too.

ChuckMaster
Jul 13, 2006

Evil baby bunnies cannot be fed solid food until after the first week.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

eightbitgirl was kind enough to put it up on Google docs, too:

Jesus loving Christ. I want the old testament god back. Seriously.

So you knocked up some girl, but you pray a couple of times and ALL IS FORGIVEN!

Oh, I guess the girl is left with zombaby to raise on her own, but that's ok, you're totally absolved of responsibility.

Repenting means giving half of your income to this woman who you have hosed literally and figuratively. Cutting your dick off would help, too.

But no, we just say some words alone and everything is ok. Another Jack Chick Tract comes to life.

lemon shark
Aug 25, 2003

HOoray!
Okay, updated. Let me know if anything else needs to be added.

Good lord I still can't believe this story

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE

lemon shark posted:

Okay, updated. Let me know if anything else needs to be added.

Good lord I still can't believe this story

Excellent, thanks for updating it. Yes, this story certainly has taken an unexpected turn for the bizarre and tawdry. Threads like this are always the most fun, somewhat interesting OP, thread develops, suddenly details are unearthed leading to completely unexpected crazy poo poo.

Who would have ever thought the OP about a brainless baby blog would just be the tip of the iceberg.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Somethingawful.com: The Right Hand of God!

expose and punish those wicked hypocrites and blasphemers!

Soos
Mar 3, 2004

She just added another video and it might win as the creepiest one yet.

Cuddlebottom
Feb 17, 2004

Butt dance.
How do we know Dan is the father? I mean, was she the only summer "student worker" there? Is there any evidence that isn't purely coincidental? This story is just too insane to keep track of. :psyduck:

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
Just to beat a dead horse, here is an example of how a baby about that age SHOULD react to being tickled!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4_4-JDpt0k

:smith:

prick with tenure
May 21, 2007

Sorry, but that doesn't convulse my being.
I wrote before that a brainless baby was the perfect banner for fundies to rally under as they wage holy war against reality, but these latest revelations take it to the next level and turn the story into golden material for literary journalism/New Yorker magazine type poo poo. The unfolding drama here is such a fascinating microcosm of modern fundamentalist culture that it's really unbelievable. There's adultery, betrayal, general irresponsibility, imagined forgiveness, devastating news from doctors, the subsequent rejection of science, "miracles", hypocrisy, willful ignorance, an "us against them" mentality creating a sense of community, the internet's role in the story, the hype as it was played up in Christian publications, the pimping out of the baby as a tool in the pro-life crusade, and it goes on and on. You can't make this stuff up. It's got that uncanny flavor of real life in small-town North America.

Someone with some investigative skill and a talent for writing should definitely do something with this story. This is Pulitzer Prize stuff right here.

FuzzyDunlop
Oct 7, 2003

If I did my math right (her blog states she's 41 weeks pregnant on Feb. 13), she conceived a couple of weeks before Dan posted the videos of her open-air preaching.

rear end in a top hat must have jumped her the minute they met. Do we know the date of the Craigslist posting?

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?

BunnySkull posted:

Oh,Oh,Oh Dan knows we are on to him. He just edited the link that Panda Bear posted, where he admited the affair with Myah, like 5 minutes ago on those forums!!

Anyone screen grab or copy and paste the whole thing?! I just went to go read through it myself, and was like, wtf? Then I see a message from him,

"Unfortunately I have had to remove the testimony due to some pagans changing literal words in it.I will upload a video version within a few weeks.
The Lord bless."

We are going to sweat this fucker out! Hahaha.

This is going to be loving BEAUTIFUL.

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE

FuzzyDunlop posted:

If I did my math right (her blog states she's 41 weeks pregnant on Feb. 13), she conceived a couple of weeks before Dan posted the videos of her open-air preaching.

rear end in a top hat must have jumped her the minute they met. Do we know the date of the Craigslist posting?

Actually he said something in the long video post like he had known her (she have been saved/ become a radical christian) for 4 months or so by the time they got around to harrassing people on the street with Jesus. He had to "prepare" her to open air preach doncha ya know? He also says he "got her the job" at the church he suggested she attend. So they met, he suggested the church and she visits and ends up also getting a job there, they are hanging out and end up going out to preach on the streets together.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

Brillig posted:

Just to beat a dead horse, here is an example of how a baby about that age SHOULD react to being tickled!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4_4-JDpt0k

:smith:

This too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7c3UMpBERs&feature=related

:3: Aww.

ohnoyoudidnt
Mar 19, 2005

I was told there would be pie
Wow. I thought the goontective work you lot did with the macbook scammer was good, but you never fail to impress me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Holy poo poo, I just say those videos followed by the latest video on the blog (Tickly feet!). I'm feeling a strange mix of :3: and :smith:.

Any pity I had for this woman is completly gone, I just want to loving yell at her. And that pastor she hosed. :argh:

a glitch fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 28, 2009