Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Her baby does not have any sort of personal identity, and its continued existence relies on delusions otherwise.

Reminds me of how the person called "Terri Schiavo" information-theoretically died BEFORE I WAS BORN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

JohnnyChimpo posted:

so where's the Rule 34 on this poo poo?

Interestingly enough, since the "baby" lacks any sort of consciousness and external awareness, I would consider this not unethical, albeit quite bizarre.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

Rutibex posted:

This disorder could be very useful to SCIENCE! Just imagine, you could clone yourself and induce a genetic mutation to not grow a brain. Free unrejectable donor organs!

Read this.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

Peven Stan posted:

Wow imagine living without having a conscious personal identity. This stuff fucks with my head.

You wouldn't.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

Tweek posted:

A doctor was delivering a young woman's baby. After the delivery, he said "Congratulations, it's a girl!", then he threw it across the room. He picked it up again, and began to stab it with a scalpel. When the baby was bloodied up enough, he elbow slammed it onto the floor before stomping on the infant until it was a mass of blood and innards. He looked up to the mother, who stared at him, terrified. Laughing, the doctor said "Just kidding! It had a cephalic disorder in which the cephalic end of the neural tube failed to close. It has no possibility whatsoever of ever gaining consciousness."

I only consider this unethical for following two reasons:

1. It seems quite unsanitary in a hospital.
2. He didn't get the owner's permission.