Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
I just picked up The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie for no reason other than it it sounds fun, I've been re-reading old books for to long and they didn't have the two books I actually went in looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

Regarding The Blade Itself

anathenema posted:

I hope you'll tell me your thoughts. I haven't met a lot of people who read it and I'm eager to see if I'm retarded in my thoughts on it.

Half way through now and enjoying it enough to read the other two books. It's a nice change to read fantasy that doesn't appear to be taking itself to seriously. The characters are a little clichéd but come across well enough. I really enjoyed the POV switch from viewing the city for the first time as Logan to viewing Logan from Jeval.

I'm remaining engaged, it's certainly above a lot of other fantasy I've read but of a different style from the Jordon / Martins of the world.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

Ballsworthy posted:

Books two and three of Joe Abercrombie's First Law series

Enjoy! They're both really good, fun reads, his next book is due out soon as well. A stand alone novel set in the same world following new characters.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

I got Joe Abercrombie's Best Served Cold for fathers day, good pick from the wife that. It's off to a cracking start so far, after wading through the dense, clumsy mess that was Gardens of the Moon (book one of Malazan book of the Fallen, even the name is awkward) it has so far been a breath of fresh air.

• Locked thread