Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poronty
Oct 19, 2006
a hung Aryan
Don't Sleep, There Are Snakes by Daniel Everett -
I'm halfway into this and it's absolutely gripping, eye-opening and hugely educational to boot. I came across it while searching for books of the popular linguistics type on Amazon. Just stumbled upon it, really. And now I've found a new role model in the author of this book - so much so that I actually want to meet him and talk to him in person, which has never happened to me with any of the hundreds of authors I've read.

Also bought but haven't yet started:

Stiff by Mary Roach - the phone interview with her on the Sick & Wrong podcast made me curious

The Fight For English by David Crystal - a book about the pros and cons of grammar nazism (which I as an ESL have been severely guilty of, despite all the mistakes I make in my English)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread