Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varicose Brains
Apr 10, 2008

I'm currently reading;

The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan.
A Game of Thrones by that fat guy who might die on us like the above author did.
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke.

I tend to read several books at once like a lot of others here. Also, I've recently bought all the other books in the Song of Ice and Fire series, plus hardback copies of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. I prefer hardbacks to paperbacks because I tend to treat my books roughly (bending spines a lot), so hardbacks last longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varicose Brains
Apr 10, 2008

Just bought Programming in Objective-C 2.0 and Learning Perl. Once I've finished with Learning Perl I'll probably buy the Camel too.

Varicose Brains
Apr 10, 2008

My most recent purchase was yesterday when I received, from Amazon, China Miéville's "Kraken". I started reading it yesterday too and it's pretty awesome so far.

Varicose Brains
Apr 10, 2008

Just bought Inherent Vice by Pynchon. I tried reading Gravity's Rainbow last year when it was TBB's book of the month but just couldn't get into it. I really want to get into Pynchon though and the reviews from Amazon suggest that Inherent Vice is a lot less cryptic and layered than his other novels, so I'm going to give it a go.

• Locked thread