Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chronic Reagan
Oct 13, 2000

pictures of plastic men
Fun Shoe

Ballsworthy posted:

My copy of Neal Asher's Line War should be in my mailbox any day now. It's the last Ian Cormac novel, and like most of the rest of the series I've had to have it imported from the UK because Tor only wants to release books 1 and 3 in the US for some reason (this may not be true anymore, actually, I haven't checked recently, but the last novel is definitely not released in the US). Anyway, I've got a hardon the size of Florida in expectation for this, I've been gay for the series since Gridlinked and there was some pretty serious poo poo that went down at the end of book 4.

I'm in the same boat as you with importing Asher's books. There's a prequel book out in the Cormac series, 'Shadow of the Scorpion' if you need more after you get done with 'Line War'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronic Reagan
Oct 13, 2000

pictures of plastic men
Fun Shoe
I'm taking a break from Generic Fantasy #897 I am reading, and as a whim picked up The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. So far it's playing out like the pilot of 'Fringe', except with vampires. Will have to read more before I make a judgement, but the one thing I do like about the book is that is a nicely designed object. Underneath the dustjacket is a blood red cover with a fuzzy picture of some large space like Grand Central station (which it might be, being set in NYC). The physical book is a step above the average mass publication, which is nice.

• Locked thread