Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Currently reading:
Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets by David Simon

About halfway through and so far, I'm really enjoying it. Only problem is there are alot of characters and the author loves to go on long side stories. Makes it hard to remember who is who and the details of the case.

Just bought:
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Just begun and finished Steve Martin's Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life. Great book but I wish he would have delved more into his overall journey instead of making a eulogy of his standup career. He mentioned some very interesting things in passing (mental illness, dealing with success, being burned out, self doubt on some of his movies) but he never followed up. At the end, it felt like he was trying to fill pages with his actual standup instead of talking about the man behind mask and the things he was dealing with. Don't get me wrong, the ending was powerful but it felt like it could have been so much more.

Recently purchased:
Steve Martin - Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life
Stephen King - Night Shift
Stephen King - The Shining
Ernest Hemingway - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Complete Works Of Edgar Allan Poe
Complete Works Of Mark Twain
Complete Works Of Charles Dicken
Complete Works Of William Shakespeare

Even though I have a ton of books I can read, give me some spare cash plus ten minutes in the Kindle store and I can easily drop $40

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I have Smokin' Joe: The Autobiography of a Heavyweight Champion of the World, Smokin' Joe Frazier on the way from PaperBackSwap. I listened to interview with him on Opie & Anthony and he seemed like a fascinating guy.

Started Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay late last night. I'm a big fan of the TV show so I figured I would read the books and see just how much they changed. So far, so good.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Just bought The Night's Dawn Trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton on my Kindle. Heard good things about it and it was only $7.99. Of course, it is also something like 4000 pages long so I have no idea when I'll actually dive in and try to read it.

Currently reading The Complete Short Stories Of Ernest Hemingway: The Finca Vigia Edition. I started it awhile ago but put it down to read something else.

• Locked thread