Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yarrbossa
Mar 19, 2008
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the first 6 Harry Potter books by Stephen Fry. I was never a fan of Jim Dale. I listened to all of them 3-4 times, the story and reader were just that good.

I also listened to Lord of the Rings. I'm not sure who was reading them, but they were awesome.

I loved audiobooks. I never have a reason to listen to them constantly anymore. I used to deliver pizza's, and it was fantastic. They helped me transition into reading actual books, which I wasn't before.

EDIT: ^^ The LOTR version I had was done by one guy who sung the songs in the book. It made a bigger impact than it does when I just read the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yarrbossa
Mar 19, 2008
Just started listening to The Magicians Land by Lev Grossman, which is the last book in a trilogy starting with The Magicians. The guy who reads this (Mark Bramhall) is loving incredible. Some people who I listen to I barely remember afterwards, but this guy is awesome.

Yarrbossa
Mar 19, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

Everything about his narration is perfect except for Poppy. Bramhall cannot do an Australian accent to save his life. It kinda ruined my experience of the second audiobook.

I would agree with that assessment of Poppy. It wasn't ruining for me but still noticeable. I had actually forgotten all about his Poppy voice until you mentioned it.