Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

All of Anthony Bourdain's audiobooks are fantastic. He reads them and it's exactly like listening to his show with more coke and swearing.

I finished The God Delusion last week and I really think Dawkin's smarmy tone ruined it for me.

So far I'm very happy with the reading on Cormac McCarthy's The Road. The narrator's voice perfectly suits the father and the book's overall bleak tone.

Has anyone given the version of Dune on Audible a shot? It looks like a ton of effort was put into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Syrinxx posted:

If anyone is interested, Cherie Priest has announced that her book Boneshaker is now available from Audible with Zeke's parts read by none other than ultranerd Wil Wheaton.

Very cool. I was looking to read this. I could care less about Wheaton but I have 3 credits sitting in my account.

Audible and a smartphone is the greatest thing ever. Earbuds, my Blackberry and a streaming audiobook entertainment anywhere.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Are there any decent psychology books/lectures on Audible?

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Anything to do with an introduction to psychology. I don't care much for pop-psychology or self help books.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

First I saw that Anthony Bourdain's new book, Medium Raw, is available on Audible as an audiobook now and was like :hellyeah: but then I saw that it just came out and you can't use credits to buy it. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

The General posted:

Wha? I had no idea there was any books on there at all credits couldnt buy. :psyduck:

Oh man it works. I can use a credit. Maybe I should try going through the checkout process before opening my fat mouth.