Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Jollzwhin posted:

Horrible quality but our kits have leaked:

I have to say I love the white one, looks fantastic.

Without being able to see the detail, those like seriously good. A nice plain blue home, slight shoulder highlights on the darker blue, and that slash on the white one is just a great individual look. They're similar to the England kit, in that they're simple, and there's something about that which adds a lot of class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Theageofdust posted:

Also according to this website next year's Away kit will be hunter green.

http://www.epltalk.com/new-0910-arsenal-away-shirt-news/4324

Eventually sourced here: http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/arsenal-green-away-shirt-for-200910_2716

quote:

The colours at the time where quite a shock to fans, but now it is seen as a bit of a classic shirt.

And I'm the Fairy Tinkerbell. This would be just a slight exaggeration, along the lines of "Pal Lydersen was a useful squad player". It'd be the least necessary sequel since 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Khalil
Mar 29, 2005

Here are some clearer shots of the rumored new Man City home and away kits, from what I hear they might not be the same as these but very similar.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Chuggo posted:

The 06-08 is my favourite ever Liverpool kit, although this season's grey away kit has really grown on me and become one of my favourites.

Click here for the full 548x799 image.

My favorite too! And the collar is back for the rumored 09/10 away kit, which I love:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Trin Tragula posted:

And I'm the Fairy Tinkerbell. This would be just a slight exaggeration, along the lines of "Pal Lydersen was a useful squad player". It'd be the least necessary sequel since 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Rumor I heard is that there are green kits designed by Nike circulating around the team business office and nobody is really a fan at Arsenal of them.

I just hope we stick with yellow because while we don't always win something with yellow away kits, we never win anything in blue. And green? Seriously? Having a laugh.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
There are some truly terrible kits out there.

Iirc, there used to be on for an old USL colorado team which, I poo poo you knot, had like idk, those strips going down around it, like some leather jackets have.

I can't find a pic seeing as I forgot the team name, but it truly was the worst kit ever.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Oh Em Gee posted:

There are some truly terrible kits out there.

Iirc, there used to be on for an old USL colorado team which, I poo poo you knot, had like idk, those strips going down around it, like some leather jackets have.

I can't find a pic seeing as I forgot the team name, but it truly was the worst kit ever.
This bad boy?

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it

Raptor Jesus posted:

This bad boy?

That has to be a joke. I found the source for the image and all but I still refuse to believe that footballers actually wore that to anything other than line dancing.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Would suggest it's going to be blue but it could just as easily mean nothing. I really don't like the idea of us playing in green.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

duggimon posted:

That has to be a joke. I found the source for the image and all but I still refuse to believe that footballers actually wore that to anything other than line dancing.

Nope, it's legit, and one of them recently went for over a thou on eBay. Toffs should really re-make these.

(Those of you who haven't seen it, I recommend you seek out the documentary Once in a Lifetime, which is primarily about the NY Cosmos, but really will answer at least most of your questions re: "was the NASL really that insane." Spoiler: Oh my yes )

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Theageofdust posted:

I loved Arsenal's third kit from last season. I still wear it out a lot.

I bought this just because my schools colours are Maroon and Navy stripes, I love it.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Khalil posted:

Here are some clearer shots of the rumored new Man City home and away kits, from what I hear they might not be the same as these but very similar.

Those both look like they were done on a computer. Again, the stripes are added horribly. The white one's a lovely shirt, but would the sponsors really allow their logo to be that small?

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil
They are mock-ups done by fans after hearing some details about the kits. The stripe is the wrong way round on the away kit. My photo is the real deal (just grainy).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Those both look like they were done on a computer. Again, the stripes are added horribly. The white one's a lovely shirt, but would the sponsors really allow their logo to be that small?

go look at the leaked shot Jollzwhin posted earlier - it has the stripe flipped so it goes from the opposite shoulder diagonally, but has the sponsor logo in the exact same style.

oh poo poo, we're going to get a blue away kit next year? Now we won't win anything :gonk:

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Raptor Jesus posted:

This bad boy?

That is easily the worst kit I have ever seen. They can't plea ignorance either. Looking back who ever chose the tiger print for Hull or the tv static for Reading just didn't realise how bad it was. It was the late 80's, fashion was stupid, etc.

PSG on the other hand have no excuse for this:

I name it: the fax jam.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Call me crazy but I like it

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Me too

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

luvd posted:

Would suggest it's going to be blue but it could just as easily mean nothing. I really don't like the idea of us playing in green.

That is hilarious. Buy the shirt before you even know what it looks like. Great idea.

e: I really like those Man City kits even if they aren't 100% confirmed as real. Nice and clean looking.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Dear Sergio posted:

That is hilarious. Buy the shirt before you even know what it looks like. Great idea.

e: I really like those Man City kits even if they aren't 100% confirmed as real. Nice and clean looking.

it says they'll email you pictures first, not that you have to buy it sight unseen

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Jollzwhin posted:

Horrible quality but our kits have leaked:

I have to say I love the white one, looks fantastic.

Came here to post these, I'll be buying the gently caress out of the home and away kits (assuming the white with red/black stripe is the away)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Bacon of the Sea posted:

That is easily the worst kit I have ever seen. They can't plea ignorance either. Looking back who ever chose the tiger print for Hull or the tv static for Reading just didn't realise how bad it was. It was the late 80's, fashion was stupid, etc.

PSG on the other hand have no excuse for this:

I name it: the fax jam.

That's nice. PSG always have nice shirts, shame they're scum though.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
When talking about bad kits, this one has to be mentioned. VfL Bochum once decided it would be a good idea to be a whore and color one half of the jersey in the rainbow colors of the sponsor's logo.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

New Bayern kit is the same loving awful Addidas template.

https://wi.somethingawful.com/cb/cb77c6acf540bf701b8d577c3f31bb3223d8a464.jpg

This looks slightly less terrible, but I still hate it. I hate the zipper and the fact that it's two different shades of red. Also hate the akward collar. This is such a lovely template.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

When talking about bad kits, this one has to be mentioned. VfL Bochum once decided it would be a good idea to be a whore and color one half of the jersey in the rainbow colors of the sponsor's logo.

What kind of following do they have?

"It's fun to play at the YMCA."

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

Haha, I remember that. I think I was about 10 or so and I was completely emberassed my team (Club Brugge) managed to lose against a bunch of guys looking like that. Memories.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

MattWPBS posted:

What kind of following do they have?

"It's fun to play at the YMCA."

Bochum is a factory town in an area known for its steel industry and coal mining. Their fans are mostly local and working-class.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Pour le Merite posted:

Bochum is a factory town in an area known for its steel industry and coal mining. Their fans are mostly local and working-class.

So just the kind of team to get a half rainbow kit then?

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

MattWPBS posted:

So just the kind of team to get a half rainbow kit then?

German clubs in general are just horrible when it comes to preserving their dignity and identity and will sell out to sponsors or even just shirt designers on the slightest incentive. Bochum don't have a lot of money so they are more likely to do it than others even I imagine. But even at Bayern you can tell they don't quite give a gently caress about whether there's such a thing as a classic Bayern shirt look and they will change it dramatically on a whim - hence the irony of Bayern, who are known as "die Roten" (the Reds) as opposed to blue 1860 in Munich, for some time playing in blue kits.

On the bright side at least you don't get the 3-4 different sponsor logos on the kit thing that you have in some other leagues.

poopoorug
Jun 14, 2007

07-08 Barcelona kit was the best ever for the team, love it!

The inter-like design is pretty awesome on this one.

Betis. Even though i dont much like the team they are one of the few that look good in green.

Always had a weak spot for romas stuff too.

poopoorug fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 3, 2009

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pour le Merite posted:

German clubs in general are just horrible when it comes to preserving their dignity and identity and will sell out to sponsors or even just shirt designers on the slightest incentive. Bochum don't have a lot of money so they are more likely to do it than others even I imagine. But even at Bayern you can tell they don't quite give a gently caress about whether there's such a thing as a classic Bayern shirt look and they will change it dramatically on a whim - hence the irony of Bayern, who are known as "die Roten" (the Reds) as opposed to blue 1860 in Munich, for some time playing in blue kits.

even worse is Werder Bremen, who added orange into their white and green kits because it was one of their then-sponsors colors...and promptly won the league wearing orange and green. Which meant that they had to then incorporate orange because you don't change the winning colors! :psyduck:

also it's not so much a kit per se but I do love the Italian tradition behind the scudetto and roundel that are granted to the winners of Serie A and the Coppa Italia, respectively. Very, very cool touch that works very well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Speaking of German clubs, Nuremberg (spelling?) has the best sponsor.

ANAL CONNOISSEUR
Oct 1, 2005

by T. Finn
A :psyduck: ad, but an awesome shirt.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GravityDaemon posted:

Speaking of German clubs, Nuremberg (spelling?) has the best sponsor.

The full name is "mister + lady jeans" and I was in the stadium when the club president Michael A. Roth presented the new sponsor as "mister lady and jeans".

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

poopoorug posted:

Always had a weak spot for romas stuff too.

Always hated this for the same reason I hate most Puma jerseys. One company logo is more than enough. Adidas gets a pass because the three stripes are pretty innocuous. They're new template is hideous though.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Which Puma one has a few Pumas positioned like they're falling off a cliff or something? 'Cos that poo poo's funny.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

epsilonomega posted:

A :psyduck: ad, but an awesome shirt.

That is an awesome shirt. I'm a huge fan of almost gold with almost black. The other combination which always slays me is purple and white, Austria Wien know their stuff.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

The adidas kits in this thread make me very glad that Celtic recently extended their kit deal with Nike.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Semprini posted:

The adidas kits in this thread make me very glad that Celtic recently extended their kit deal with Nike.

I want to know what the Rangers Umbro kit is going to look like.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Watching the game now, but I thought people would like Espanyol's away kit for this season. I think its slick even with the goofy sponsor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Do like the Portsmouth kit. Mainly because Canterbury have used a rugby template, so it's something different in the Premier League.