Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Hoover Dam posted:

...provided you like kits you can also use as rash guards

Blackburn's new one is set to debut on Thursday; they've been posting teaser images all week.

Do the Blackburn kits ever actually change? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

I've owned a handful of Kappa kits in the past few years - Auxerre, Feyenoord, Bremen, Genk... they've been consistently better fitting and more comfortable than any other brand.

Depends how you like your shirt though I suppose. They're always tight-fitting which I find comfortable, whereas I have a few others (Adidas for example, whose designs I tend to like) which are often baggy. There's a danger of accidentally doing a Ronaldo when it comes to having too tight a shirt though.

Speaking of whom:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
This is probably the worst pic but:

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

And of course, I'm happy to give you a guide when I wake up.
But please, take a guess while it I sleep.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

that Arsenal shirt isn't great, plus we seem to suck in blue kits.

Kappa would be the worst supplier ever for Newcastle United.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

ibroxmassive posted:

Sorry, should've clarified--it's the new away kit that's debuting, and the away ones do change pretty frequently. The home one's just a variation on the blue and white every year, different details depending on sponsor and manufacturer, but the away colors vary. I'm partial to red and black away, myself, and a longtime #1 must have on my collector list is a GK kit from 2002 (I think) when it's red and has Friedel on the back.

I like that alleged Arsenal one, although my first thought when I see it is "jetBlue." I also think that white Celtic one is sharp as hell; I love the weird little details and Easter eggs Nike puts in their kits these days.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Is it still UMBRO doing yours? I'm nervous as to what the new Rangers ones will look like, given the new England kit.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hoover Dam posted:

I like that alleged Arsenal one, although my first thought when I see it is "jetBlue." I also think that white Celtic one is sharp as hell; I love the weird little details and Easter eggs Nike puts in their kits these days.

another photo on FSC has the Arsenal Latin motto on the side-tag, too. Love the little things like that. And apparently the tartan pattern on the Celtic kit is the official Celtic tartan, too.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

things americans like:

official/family tartans

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

ibroxmassive posted:

Is it still UMBRO doing yours?

A-yup.

The thing about the Kappa kits I have is that they're also so thin I don't really like wearing them without a t-shirt or something underneath, though the Feyenoord one I only ever take to the gym, so no big deal there. The yellow Blackburn GK one, though, it's not even that snug-fitting (men's M), but it's drat near see-through.

(I actually do own jerseys that fit me properly; unsurprisingly, they're all US women's national team ones, of which my favorite is the 03 red away. Haven't had the spare scratch for a Breakers one yet).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

surrender posted:

Kappa kits are really eurotrashy, but they're probably the best-fitting

If you're fit, yes, if you're the average football fan, no. Diadora kits are similar.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

The Chelsea white away that was leaked looks to be true. Better pictures are out. I really like it, it sort of looks like a sports polo.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/09/10-kits/chelsea-2009-2010-away-adidas-shirt-leaked.html

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
it's horrible

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

The rumored new Liverpool away kit I posted a couple pages back was legit:

I really like it, much better than the gray one from this year. But then again, I'm from Pittsburgh, and black and gold is kinda our thing.

edit: the collar didn't come back after all though.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

esperantinc posted:

The rumored new Liverpool away kit I posted a couple pages back was legit:

This current Adidas trend of extending the bottom waist lenght has to stop. Untucked, even the small size looks like a toga.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

ibroxmassive posted:

Sometimes the blue part goes on the left, sometimes on the right...

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Oh Em Gee posted:

This, a million times this. There are still football firms in those clubs that actively try to hurt/maim each other. For gently caress's sake do not tell any Ajax fans you like Feyenoord or vice versa or else you might get your teeth kicked in.

Ajax fans aren't likely to kick your teeth in, it's the feyenoord fans you have to look out for.

The Acolyte
May 21, 2007
Man, I hate to admit it but that Liverpool away kit is bad rear end.

What are the odds Man Utd are getting a black kit again this season? I still want one and otherwise I would have to order the one from last season... if I can find it somewhere.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Love that black and gold kit, still think I prefer the grey though. Still waiting for it to arrive even though my birthday's over :mad:

MY BIRTHDAY

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

Yuck. Horrible, I'm afraid.

That said, I can't remember a single Liverpool/Chelsea/Man Utd kit in my lifetime that I've not despised. I think it's more to do with the connotations than anything else though.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

w00bi posted:

The Chelsea white away that was leaked looks to be true. Better pictures are out. I really like it, it sort of looks like a sports polo.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/09/10-kits/chelsea-2009-2010-away-adidas-shirt-leaked.html

I like it. Doesn't seem to have the stupid mesh tits that the home kit has :mad:

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

Is there an option to buy it without the hand grafted onto the hip?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

Is there an option to buy it without the hand grafted onto the hip?

Good point. Last thing I want is to get hit in the hip and give away a free kick for hand ball.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I never really buy big 4 shirts, but I'm kind of liking both of those.

The liverpool shirt is giving me some training shirt vibes though, it just doesn't look match ready or something.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Chuggo posted:

Love that black and gold kit, still think I prefer the grey though. Still waiting for it to arrive even though my birthday's over :mad:

MY BIRTHDAY

Looks like I spoke too soon :smug:

Click here for the full 1108x1968 image.

Click here for the full 1108x1968 image.

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

:barf:

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003

Irn--Bru posted:

I like it. Doesn't seem to have the stupid mesh tits that the home kit has :mad:

Oh no it does. It's easier to see in other photos.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
The new liverpool kit is super sharp. The silver checkerboard pattern is hideous.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

Oh no it does. It's easier to see in other photos.

He meant the stupid chest mesh. The away doesn't have it.

vs.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Yeah I meant the titty mesh.

In other news I got my porto home top in the post today. To show my support of hilarious football nicknames I got HULK on it. It's awesome, and is a really nice fit.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

w00bi posted:

vs.

With the chest mesh the look reminds me a bit of this kind of army pullover:

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

w00bi posted:

vs.

The chest mesh is terrible but the way that it bunches up in the midsection is absolutely awful. It's like they didn't try the jersey on in the prototype stage.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

FullLeatherJacket posted:

things americans like:

official/family tartans

The tartan shorts are utterly vile, I don't get how anyone could like that poo poo.

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

w00bi posted:

Any reason why they based the design on a bikini? This looks extremely metrosexual.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

Any reason why they based the design on a bikini?

Fat Frank needed the extra support for his moobs.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Besides being money-hungry bastards, is there an actual reason why Chelsea are having three all-new kits again? Didn't they just get new ones last season?

Also, considering how good their current strip is, to have it change to that is one hell of a step down.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Guitar_Hero posted:

Besides being money-hungry bastards, is there an actual reason why Chelsea are having three all-new kits again? Didn't they just get new ones last season?

Also, considering how good their current strip is, to have it change to that is one hell of a step down.

It's just the money of course, soulless dump of a club

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I really like the Chelsea away kit. The home kit template is awful and I've been laughing at the Red Bulls ever since they started using it.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

Guitar_Hero posted:

How dare a business try and make money. SOULLESS BASTARDS.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Thinking it's a business is pretty soulless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

c0burn posted:

Thinking it's a business is pretty soulless

Well if you think otherwise you end up going broke. While I'm sure Roman and Kenyon are the REALEST of the REAL FANS, I don't think they want the club to hemorrhage money, and shirt sales are good source of income.

Plus Adidas might have something to do with it.