Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Thunderpussy posted:

I like the first one.

It's nice that the frame is a brown one (maybe tortise shell, hard to tell from the pic) instead of a plain old black one. I think it is more proportional to your face then the bottom one that appears slightly smaller.

To be honest though, they are both really similar, though I prefer the first one.

Have you considered a Rayban Wayfarer frame?
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=ray%20ban%20wayfarer%20ii&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

When work as a regular frame and not a sunglass one, it's pretty neat and should fit great.

I've tried on wayfarers, but they're far too small for my volleyball shaped head. IS there a special reason tortoise is better than black? What about the blonder tortoises?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Thunderpussy posted:

Exam/Fitting? You'll have to call around Goon sir madam, I can't possible tell you what your local Doctor's office charges for a visit.

Fixed this. Why does no one think girl goons post outside of PI and the A/T pregnancy megathread? :iiam:

Now I'm going to cry in the corner at the thought of $600 for contacts + mystery amount for exam/fitting. Excuse me.

Lighten
Nov 16, 2006
I was fitted for contact lenses 3 years ago and I was given two boxes of O2 Optix lenses. I used up a box before I stopped contacts all together and started wearing my glasses again. After some digging around I found the other box I was given 3 years ago. The expiration date on the box says it'll expire in 2011. Can/should I still wear these?

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption
Maybe I can ask you this. I'm going to get my exam for contacts next week. I tried wearing them for a few months over a year ago. I always had a problem with my left eye. The right one took to the contacts easily but the left eye always felt a little puffy. Have you ever heard of this? I'm not really sure if anything can be done for it. I was thinking about the Oasis lenses cause it does seem to be that the left eye is just to dry. I liked wearing them but it got to me after awhile and gave me a migraine.

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Bombtrack posted:

I slept out last night and had to put my contacts in water rather than solution, are they safe to use again? I had to out them back in to drive home and they irritated my eyes but after soaking them in the solution all day they seem fine, but I want to make sure I didn't damage them by keeping them in water.

Absolutely not!

Take them out right away and throw them out! Never ever ever ever ever ever have any from of water touch your lenses or case.

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=acanthamoeba%20keratitis&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

^ comes from tap water, and is REALLY east to get.

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Lighten posted:

I was fitted for contact lenses 3 years ago and I was given two boxes of O2 Optix lenses. I used up a box before I stopped contacts all together and started wearing my glasses again. After some digging around I found the other box I was given 3 years ago. The expiration date on the box says it'll expire in 2011. Can/should I still wear these?

Sure thing. Not expired yet, and you haven't overworn your old lenses.
Feel free!

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

cycowolf posted:

Maybe I can ask you this. I'm going to get my exam for contacts next week. I tried wearing them for a few months over a year ago. I always had a problem with my left eye. The right one took to the contacts easily but the left eye always felt a little puffy. Have you ever heard of this? I'm not really sure if anything can be done for it. I was thinking about the Oasis lenses cause it does seem to be that the left eye is just to dry. I liked wearing them but it got to me after awhile and gave me a migraine.

The Oasys lens would be a good place to start to see if that's the problem.
It isn't uncommon for people to have one eye take to the lenses beter then the other. Time usually fixes this, but the comfort and breathability of the lens is also a strong factor.

Biofinity and Encore 100 are also other excellent choices to try in your case, assuming you do not have astigmatism that needs correcting and that your eyes are average in curvature.

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Brennanite posted:

Fixed this. Why does no one think girl goons post outside of PI and the A/T pregnancy megathread? :iiam:

Now I'm going to cry in the corner at the thought of $600 for contacts + mystery amount for exam/fitting. Excuse me.

I'm sorry m'lady.

The liklihood of your $600 lenes is extremely rare.
Look to pay maybe $100/lens + your exam.

That is an awesome price for lenses, even if you only got 2 years out of them before your Rx changed.

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption

Thunderpussy posted:

The Oasys lens would be a good place to start to see if that's the problem.
It isn't uncommon for people to have one eye take to the lenses beter then the other. Time usually fixes this, but the comfort and breathability of the lens is also a strong factor.

Biofinity and Encore 100 are also other excellent choices to try in your case, assuming you do not have astigmatism that needs correcting and that your eyes are average in curvature.

Thanks! I will ask about these. No astigmatism and my prescription hasn't changed in years. I liked wearing them but hated how often I was using the rewetting drops in just that one eye.

soj89
Dec 5, 2005

Kids in China are playing tag with knives, on playgrounds constructed of spinning razorblades and spike traps, because it will make them stronger.

Thunderpussy posted:

Then you need to get a better fitter, one that will take the time to really go through your options.

I'm having an awful time getting fitted for contacts. I only want them for playing sports (basketball) cos I end up breaking my glasses every year or so. The last time this happened I took an elbow to the face that shattered the plastic(!) lens.

I've had two tries spread out over two or three years. The current optometrist I'm seeing has got me trying most of the new soft astigmatism lenses. My astig in one eye, however, is just beyond the range of what's commonly produced.

My problem is two-fold:
1) my eyes are crazy dry - they're really easily irritated and I can only keep a lens in for about 3 hours before they start itching like crazy and I have to start putting drops in.

2) the lens on the right eye keeps shifting whenever I blink... this is really annoying and ends up making me dizzy after a few hours of it

Are you located in the GTA? I'd love to come in and get a consult if you are.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Thunderpussy posted:

I'm sorry m'lady.

The liklihood of your $600 lenes is extremely rare.
Look to pay maybe $100/lens + your exam.

That is an awesome price for lenses, even if you only got 2 years out of them before your Rx changed.

Apology accepted. I'm sure it will be on the higher end, just because the prescription is so darn high. Still, I have hope again. Thanks!

Das MicroKorg
Sep 18, 2005

Vintage Analog Synthesizer
Whenever I wear sunglasses (I don't wear corrective glasses/contacts) I feel as if there's some "correctiveness" in the glasses. Like a very very slight mangification. I've tried different brands/models and with all of them it was the same more or less.

Is this normal or is there always some sort of distortion in non-corrective lenses? My nose is a little bent, so might the glasses just sit unevenly and thus distort my vision slightly?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

It's been mentioned that tap water shouldn't be used to store contact lenses, but what about swimming in an ocean/pool? Should the lenses be disposed after swimming, or will they be fine?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I have heard horror stories about both tap water and water from pools getting into contacts and really loving people's eyes up. I would do it.

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

soj89 posted:

I'm having an awful time getting fitted for contacts. I only want them for playing sports (basketball) cos I end up breaking my glasses every year or so. The last time this happened I took an elbow to the face that shattered the plastic(!) lens.

I've had two tries spread out over two or three years. The current optometrist I'm seeing has got me trying most of the new soft astigmatism lenses. My astig in one eye, however, is just beyond the range of what's commonly produced.

My problem is two-fold:
1) my eyes are crazy dry - they're really easily irritated and I can only keep a lens in for about 3 hours before they start itching like crazy and I have to start putting drops in.

2) the lens on the right eye keeps shifting whenever I blink... this is really annoying and ends up making me dizzy after a few hours of it

Are you located in the GTA? I'd love to come in and get a consult if you are.

Look into the Encore/Proclear Toric XR (extended range) it's pretty much the only option for a soft lens with crazy astigmatism. It's the lens I need to use when I wear contacts.

1) Drops are your friend. If you really only plan on wearing the contacts when you're playng sports, this is probably a good option for you. Depending on the chenistry of your eye and the environment that you are in, it's not uncommon for people to need drops every fre hours.

2) This is a fitting problem. It should be fairly simple to correct, so let your fitter know what difficulties you're having and they should be able to help you out.

I used to be in the GTA, now I'm out of the province. If I was there I'd had definately helped you out.

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

FLX posted:

Whenever I wear sunglasses (I don't wear corrective glasses/contacts) I feel as if there's some "correctiveness" in the glasses. Like a very very slight mangification. I've tried different brands/models and with all of them it was the same more or less.

Is this normal or is there always some sort of distortion in non-corrective lenses? My nose is a little bent, so might the glasses just sit unevenly and thus distort my vision slightly?

Depending on the quality of the lenses, there could definately be distortion. If the frame has a wrap, there could also be distortion from that also.

The chances of it happening because of a bend in your nose is pretty unlikely.

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Wedemeyer posted:

It's been mentioned that tap water shouldn't be used to store contact lenses, but what about swimming in an ocean/pool? Should the lenses be disposed after swimming, or will they be fine?

No water at all should ever ever ever come in contact with lenses. If it does you need to throw them out asap.

Take them out after you swim ASAP.

Better yet, don't wear them in the ater at all, k?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I got my glasses from one of the aforementioned cheap (15$) international websites, in fact I've bought three pairs from them. I never have eye pain and the prescription I gave them was the one I was given most recently by a local optician. Other than being cheap frames that may break, what should I be worried about?

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Not an Anthem posted:

I got my glasses from one of the aforementioned cheap (15$) international websites, in fact I've bought three pairs from them. I never have eye pain and the prescription I gave them was the one I was given most recently by a local optician. Other than being cheap frames that may break, what should I be worried about?

The quality of the glasses themselves, and if they were in fact made correctly with out any defects.

You cxan be pretty sure that for that price you are getting bottom of the barrel materials and craftsmanship. If that's alright by you, then go ahead and knock yourself out. You do in fact get what you pay for.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Thunderpussy posted:

The quality of the glasses themselves, and if they were in fact made correctly with out any defects.

You cxan be pretty sure that for that price you are getting bottom of the barrel materials and craftsmanship. If that's alright by you, then go ahead and knock yourself out. You do in fact get what you pay for.

So I shouldn't spend $15 at zenni, and I shouldn't blow 5 hundo on Tom Fords, what the hell am I supposed to do!?

Flay Minion
Sep 23, 2004

hepme
Are there such things as contacts made for reading? I've got 50 yo eyes and have to use those magnifying (1.25, 1.5, 2.0 now) glasses one sees at wallyworld to read. My long vision is still great and my night vision is still pretty good. Wearing sunglasses is problematic if I must read something.

Any suggestions?

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Flay Minion posted:

Are there such things as contacts made for reading? I've got 50 yo eyes and have to use those magnifying (1.25, 1.5, 2.0 now) glasses one sees at wallyworld to read. My long vision is still great and my night vision is still pretty good. Wearing sunglasses is problematic if I must read something.

Any suggestions?

Well, yeah, I mean you certainly can get contacts with low prescriptions if you want to. But they make prescription sunglasses too, and that would probably be less of a hassle. You aren't going to want to put on contacts just to read, so you'll have to wear them all the time for a very minor benefit. Talk to an optometrist about getting prescription sunglasses versus getting contacts.

Wedemeyer posted:

Personally I think they are fine unless you've been swimming in water that you don't trust. They'll just get dehydrated. If you are swimming all the time in them I might devote a "swimming" pair, but that's mostly to keep your main ones fresh. On the other hand, it's not like you don't have a stack of disposables laying around anyways.

edit: Apparently there is some cause for concern for eye infections based on preliminary reports of acanthamebic keratitis. It and other diseases can have serious effects including blindness, and have been linked to contacts-wearers washing their lenses in non-sterile liquids including tap water. While this is a low-percentage concern (as in one or two cases per million contacts-wearers), its treatment can require a corneal transplant. Not a lot of fun. Taking the precaution to avoid water with your contacts may be prudent. On the other hand it might mean you never get into the water again for a disease that is rare and poorly understood. Your call.

Kaal fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 14, 2009

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Flay Minion posted:

Any suggestions?

You could ask your fitter about trying what is called "monovision". It is a way to wear lenses in which one eye is used for up close (reading) and the other is for far away (distance)

To do that however, your Rx would need to have a reading power written on it.

Then, you wouldn't need Rx sunglasses....or any reading glasses for that matter :)

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Kaal posted:

Personally I think they are fine unless you've been swimming in water that you don't trust. They'll just get dehydrated. If you are swimming all the time in them I might devote a "swimming" pair, but that's mostly to keep your main ones fresh. On the other hand, it's not like you don't have a stack of disposables laying around anyways.

edit: Apparently there is some cause for concern for eye infections based on preliminary reports of acanthamebic keratitis. It and other diseases can have serious effects including blindness, and have been linked to contacts-wearers washing their lenses in non-sterile liquids including tap water. While this is a low-percentage concern (as in one or two cases per million contacts-wearers), its treatment can require a corneal transplant. Not a lot of fun. Taking the precaution to avoid water with your contacts may be prudent. On the other hand it might mean you never get into the water again for a disease that is rare and poorly understood. Your call.

Just don't do it. Acanthameba is found in all kinds of water...even tap water. Yes, I'll bet that chances are you won't get it...but a friend of mine DID. Is it worth the risk? For me it's not.

The lenses themselves will get dehydrated? A "swimming pair"? What do you know about contact lenses?

Kaal's homepage says posted:

I'm a photojournalism and political science student at the University of Oregon.

This is simply bad information.

If you are going to swim with lenses in, get fitted for a box of daily disposable lenses. They are meant to be worn once only, and you can get a box of them for $30 for a 30 pack.

Or, you could get a tight fitting pair of swimming goggles.

NEVER let your lenses come in contact with any water at all!

Thunderpussy fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 14, 2009

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

So I shouldn't spend $15 at zenni, and I shouldn't blow 5 hundo on Tom Fords, what the hell am I supposed to do!?

Hell, Wal-mart sells single vision uncoated lenses for $40.00.

I promise you that they'll be better then almost ANYHTING you buy online, and they come from a reputable lab, may carry a warrenty, and is a physical place to go if you have any problems.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I am sorry if this has been asked before:

I used to wear RGP contacts but changed back to glasses for the best part of the last 3-4 years due to severe hayfever during spring/summer.

It doesn't feel like my prescription has changed much over this period of time and I would like to give the contacts another shot now.

I dimly remember that I should not use the contacts after they have been stored in their solution capsule over such a long time. Will I need to get new ones or will I or an optician be able to clean them up for so that they are as good as new?

Edit: I just realized how appropriate my avater is for this thread.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 14, 2009

Flay Minion
Sep 23, 2004

hepme

Thunderpussy posted:

You could ask your fitter about trying what is called "monovision". It is a way to wear lenses in which one eye is used for up close (reading) and the other is for far away (distance)

To do that however, your Rx would need to have a reading power written on it.

Then, you wouldn't need Rx sunglasses....or any reading glasses for that matter :)

Wouldn't that mess w/ depth perception though? As I operate heavy equipment, that would be unfortunate (oh, drat sorry about the 3 yards of 2" minus on yo head, my bad):)

Ah well, I guess script shades are the only thing for it

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Thunderpussy posted:

Just don't do it. Acanthameba is found in all kinds of water...even tap water. Yes, I'll bet that chances are you won't get it...but a friend of mine DID. Is it worth the risk? For me it's not.

The lenses themselves will get dehydrated? A "swimming pair"? What do you know about contact lenses?

This is simply bad information.

If you are going to swim with lenses in, get fitted for a box of daily disposable lenses. They are meant to be worn once only, and you can get a box of them for $30 for a 30 pack.

Or, you could get a tight fitting pair of swimming goggles.

NEVER let your lenses come in contact with any water at all!

I... :ohdear: It occurs to me I probably shouldn't wear them in the shower either. It's not like I stare into the showerhead while it's running, but still, better safe then sorry!
Thanks Thunderpussy, for the warning and the thread! It's really informative!

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

mcbexx posted:

I am sorry if this has been asked before:

I used to wear RGP contacts but changed back to glasses for the best part of the last 3-4 years due to severe hayfever during spring/summer.

It doesn't feel like my prescription has changed much over this period of time and I would like to give the contacts another shot now.

I dimly remember that I should not use the contacts after they have been stored in their solution capsule over such a long time. Will I need to get new ones or will I or an optician be able to clean them up for so that they are as good as new?

Edit: I just realized how appropriate my avater is for this thread.

Get your optician to take a look and them and give them a good cleaning. They should be totally fine.

That's another benefit for RGP lenses.

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Flay Minion posted:

Wouldn't that mess w/ depth perception though? As I operate heavy equipment, that would be unfortunate (oh, drat sorry about the 3 yards of 2" minus on yo head, my bad):)

Ah well, I guess script shades are the only thing for it

It MAY mess with your depth perception or it may not. Everyone is unique in that category...all you can really do is give 'em a shot.

Failing that, the Rx sunglasses are pretty much your other option.

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Wedemeyer posted:

I... :ohdear: It occurs to me I probably shouldn't wear them in the shower either. It's not like I stare into the showerhead while it's running, but still, better safe then sorry!
Thanks Thunderpussy, for the warning and the thread! It's really informative!

Thats a good thing to do.
Also, if you get shampoo in your eyes, it could mess with the contact lens and effect the stability of the lens. Remember a soft lens is like a little sponge, and any liquid it touches could penetrate it. Some liquids could effect the Rx and others the stability of the lens itself.

Just take them out...honestly, it's not that big of a deal.

Totally Normal
Mar 29, 2003

WELLNESS!
Thunderpussy, what's the deal with going to the beach (with the purpose of doing poo poo in the water and not just dicking around on the sand) and wearing contacts? I remember one time I went with a friend to learn how to surf and I lost my left contact lens. Since then I have always been afraid of losing contacts and (after reading your post above) scary cornea-transplant-necessitating devil infections.

I know your suggestion will be to simply "don't wear them," but my vision is so poor that I am totally disoriented without some form of correction.

edit: I was thinking of switching to dailies so that if I lose one, no big deal, but apparently neovascularization is an issue for people wearing dailies for more than 12 hours a day, and as an incoming medical student, 12hr+ days may be necessary. I've never had a problem wearing my 30-day-30-nights for more than 12 hours a day though.

Totally Normal fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 14, 2009

FloorMatt
Jul 24, 2007

I wash my lens case with tap water everyday and let it dry thoroughly before using it. Is this still bad?

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Totally Negro posted:

Thunderpussy, what's the deal with going to the beach (with the purpose of doing poo poo in the water and not just dicking around on the sand) and wearing contacts? I remember one time I went with a friend to learn how to surf and I lost my left contact lens. Since then I have always been afraid of losing contacts and (after reading your post above) scary cornea-transplant-necessitating devil infections.

I know your suggestion will be to simply "don't wear them," but my vision is so poor that I am totally disoriented without some form of correction.

edit: I was thinking of switching to dailies so that if I lose one, no big deal, but apparently neovascularization is an issue for people wearing dailies for more than 12 hours a day, and as an incoming medical student, 12hr+ days may be necessary. I've never had a problem wearing my 30-day-30-nights for more than 12 hours a day though.

Well...being fit for dailies is great for things like you are suggesting, and your "normal" lenses for all the rest of the time.

A lens with a high oxygen content and low wetting angle is ideal for a student like you are, so a night and day lens that you remove each night and NOT sleep in is a great choice.

Get fitted for dailies and wear them when appropriate and you're good to go.

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

FloorMatt posted:

I wash my lens case with tap water everyday and let it dry thoroughly before using it. Is this still bad?

It's not a great idea. Use solution to rinse out the case instead and everything will be fine.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Have you ever heard of these guys? http://www.myopia.org/ Is it just me or do they sound like absolute nutjobs?

Anyway! I have pretty severe (curvature, I think) myopia (-9 in one eye and -8 in the other) as well as some astigmatism. I'm quite happy wearing glasses at the moment, but is it actually possible to comfortably wear lenses with eyesight this bad?

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

Montalvo posted:

Have you ever heard of these guys? http://www.myopia.org/ Is it just me or do they sound like absolute nutjobs?

Anyway! I have pretty severe (curvature, I think) myopia (-9 in one eye and -8 in the other) as well as some astigmatism. I'm quite happy wearing glasses at the moment, but is it actually possible to comfortably wear lenses with eyesight this bad?

Yes! We talked about how all of their claims are total bullshit while in school. Total bullshit.

As for your lenses, with a Rx that strong, you'll see BETTER using contact lenses. The reason is because the lens sits directly on your cornea, light doesn't bend when it reaches the retina. The 12 mm or so that your eyeglasses sit in from of your eye bends that light to a degree.

Contacts also eliminate the minification you have while wearing eyeglasses.

Try them out!

good on tv
Dec 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This is really cool, seriously. I appreciate all those small questions.

I'm going to fire a more different question. I honestly think having crystal white eyes is extremely attractive and I want them. I wear glasses and contacts but glasses as of late since I'm a little broke for contacts but even though the oxygen level your eyes receive are standard with glasses, my eyes are still mildly pink in the corners and generally aren't too great to look at. The only decent remedy I've found that works for roughly twenty minutes to an hour are those Rohto redness relief in the green packaging and those are expensive anyway.

What do you recommend? I pretty much stopped applying redness relief eye drops anyway just due to.. them not being nearly affective.

Also, because of what you said on the night and day contacts, I'm sure I'll be trying those out next time I go to the eye doctor; if they have high oxygen intake, I'm all for it.

hurray!

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Thunderpussy posted:

Yes! We talked about how all of their claims are total bullshit while in school. Total bullshit.

As for your lenses, with a Rx that strong, you'll see BETTER using contact lenses. The reason is because the lens sits directly on your cornea, light doesn't bend when it reaches the retina. The 12 mm or so that your eyeglasses sit in from of your eye bends that light to a degree.

Contacts also eliminate the minification you have while wearing eyeglasses.

Try them out!

Thanks for the quick reply! I had no idea contacts would improve my eyesight... that's certainly something to consider. What about laser eye surgery as a more permanent solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderpussy
May 1, 2008

good on tv posted:

This is really cool, seriously. I appreciate all those small questions.

I'm going to fire a more different question. I honestly think having crystal white eyes is extremely attractive and I want them. I wear glasses and contacts but glasses as of late since I'm a little broke for contacts but even though the oxygen level your eyes receive are standard with glasses, my eyes are still mildly pink in the corners and generally aren't too great to look at. The only decent remedy I've found that works for roughly twenty minutes to an hour are those Rohto redness relief in the green packaging and those are expensive anyway.

What do you recommend? I pretty much stopped applying redness relief eye drops anyway just due to.. them not being nearly affective.

Also, because of what you said on the night and day contacts, I'm sure I'll be trying those out next time I go to the eye doctor; if they have high oxygen intake, I'm all for it.

hurray!

Well, it all depends on the nature of the redness. It can be caused by many different factors, some of which there isn't anything you can do about.

If you could post a nice high uality picture I may have a better Idea of what to suggest.

Have you tried a type of Visine that "gets the red out"? When there is a lasting redness to the eye, it's usually there for a reason. Have they always been this way?

• Locked thread