Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
I recently switched to a new lens prescription in the last couple months, but I'm not happy with it. I can see near, middle, and far distance generally well with the new glasses, but when I'm looking at far distance I just feel like I can't make out as much detail as I could with my last pair of lenses.

Part of the problem may be that I had been using my last pair since 2009, so the old prescription might have been a little outdated by now. I actually did get a new pair in 2010, but there was a big problem with them. Since I have weaker vision in one eye than the other, my optometrist wanted me to try having one lens a different prescription than the other. It didn't work so well. I tried to give myself time to adjust to the new lenses, but they made me feel like my eyes weren't working in tandem any more, made me headachey and nauseous, and generally made me nuts. So, I went back to using my old glasses, and I put off getting new ones for far too long.

The current pair I am using (no longer a different prescription in each lens, thank goodness) gets the job done, but little problems such as no longer being able to read a wall clock from where I sit in the dining room are causing me worry. Should I go and talk to my optometrist? Glasses aren't cheap, and my insurance won't cover another pair until next year. Should I just wait it out until my next eye exam? Does using a prescription with a poor fit have a permanent effect on your vision?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread