Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

skip. posted:

She likes to sit on things.

I think you'll find you're describing a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

r.i.p. Animal Face.

treble
Feb 14, 2001

George

This is George, I've had him since he was a kitten.

Mr.Graves
Jul 23, 2007

by T. Finn
I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue, if I concentrate hard enough.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh I am in love with George. That handsome little man.

I :h: black cats soooo much. We have a little gentleman named Frederick who is just a lovely little fellow. Is George a serious kitty most of the time? Fred is such a serious man. But sometimes we catch him being silly.

This is Fred being very serious.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
My what a cute slim cat:

Wait a minute...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Shai-Hulud posted:

My what a cute slim cat:

Wait a minute...

This fukken cat.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Bumblefuck! posted:

I posted this in the cute pictures thread, but I thought it fit pretty well here, too.

My mom volunteers at a cat shelter, and she cares for kittens that are too young to be adopted. One of the kittens, Paolo, had a congenital defect, so his chest wall didn't form properly. It displaced his heart and lungs, and caused his chest to be concave, not to mention breathing and cardiovascular problems. The shelter opted to have him repaired surgically, which happened a week ago, give or take.

The vets liked him so much, that they made him a special cast:

This picture is from a story the local news did on him:

Where is Paolo and how can I adopt him??

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

This cat has some balls.

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

SyHopeful posted:

Where is Paolo and how can I adopt him??

Although he is currently being watched by my mother, he (and his brother and sisters) are from the MEOW Cat Rescue in Kirkland, WA. It's a small, mostly volunteer, non-profit, no-kill shelter. Because of the news story, they've already been inundated with offers to adopt him, and now they're reviewing applications, so you might be out of luck, even on the off chance that you live anywhere near Kirkland.

Here's the website, anyway, just in case someone out there wants to adopt a cat/donate money/look at pictures of cats:

http://www.meowcatrescue.org/

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

^^ I love how they refer to the cats in Model years and they come with "4 paw drive"

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Shai-Hulud posted:

My what a cute slim cat:

Wait a minute...

That's a crazy place to have a cat flap. :rimshot:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Teagan posted:

r.i.p. Animal Face.

It puts the lotion on its skin...

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Bumblefuck! posted:

I posted this in the cute pictures thread, but I thought it fit pretty well here, too.

My mom volunteers at a cat shelter, and she cares for kittens that are too young to be adopted. One of the kittens, Paolo, had a congenital defect, so his chest wall didn't form properly. It displaced his heart and lungs, and caused his chest to be concave, not to mention breathing and cardiovascular problems. The shelter opted to have him repaired surgically, which happened a week ago, give or take.

Here's a video of the little guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8nG4OvfGhY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8nG4OvfGhY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What a freaking adorable kitten.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Ozz81 posted:

It puts the lotion on its skin...

:) yep

:( He grew up to be an uncontrollably violent and bloodthirsty cat, he started mean, then just exploded. He was perfectly happy, just really scary. The lady at animal control says that often cats just are violent and it wasn't anything you did, and nothing you could have done. My other two cats' throats are no longer leaving trails of blood on the carpet. He was an adorable little sweetheart while it lasted.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I don't remember where I found them initially, but I found these things: http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/pets/b861/ and knew I found my cat a xmas present.

I got him the tank, he doesn't stay in for long so it's hard to get a picture.

292of365 by Ouhei, on Flickr

I also got the plane for the gf's cats.

Cat Airplane 03 by Ouhei, on Flickr

The Pillowman
Jun 14, 2008
Samson needed a flea bath.

These pictures are once out of the tub, when we needed to get his face and necks, where most of the fleas reside (and survived :argh: I've been pulling fleas off of him all day with the flea comb!)

wet cats look like gremlins

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Got this in an email today, and just started cracking up. Cats truly are assholes..

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Parantumaton
Jan 29, 2009

The OnLy ThInG
i LoVe MoRe
ThAn ChUgGiNg SeMeN
iS gEtTiNg PaId To Be A
sOcIaL MeDiA sHiLl
FoR mIcRoSoFt
AnD nOkIa
Here's two pictures of what my niece got for Christmas:

My niece is 5 years old so she's going completely nuts over this :toot:

Unfortunately we also found out that I'm probably allergic :(

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

It's okay, if you're still young enough you have a chance you could outgrow the allergy like I did. As you get older your immune system tends to move away from the type of response that causes the most common hypersensitivity reactions. When I was about two years old we had to get rid of our cats because their dander was causing something similar to an asthma attack the longer I stayed around them. I got my cat back in 2007 and haven't had any kind of reaction.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Parantumaton posted:

Here's two pictures of what my niece got for Christmas:

My niece is 5 years old so she's going completely nuts over this :toot:

Unfortunately we also found out that I'm probably allergic :(

OMG that cat is adorable.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Bumblefuck! posted:

I posted this in the cute pictures thread, but I thought it fit pretty well here, .

Photos of the loving year.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Goon trifecta: boobs, pizza, cat

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

One of my mom's cats, Buster. That's a US men's 11.5 size shoe there, for reference.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I don't have a cat at the moment, but I've lived with them most of my life. Thanks, all of you, for posting as this thread never fails to cheer me up when I need it.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

treble posted:

George

This is George, I've had him since he was a kitten.

Man those eyes! :catstare:

Sugarbot
Apr 17, 2003
Batteries Not Included
This is Elmo. Out of the many ways he likes to sit, this is his favorite.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

RedneckwithGuns posted:

It's okay, if you're still young enough you have a chance you could outgrow the allergy like I did. As you get older your immune system tends to move away from the type of response that causes the most common hypersensitivity reactions. When I was about two years old we had to get rid of our cats because their dander was causing something similar to an asthma attack the longer I stayed around them. I got my cat back in 2007 and haven't had any kind of reaction.

Very true here, I had the same problem - no issues around cats when I was young but as soon as I turned 10-11 years old, I couldn't be near them at all. Eyes would swell, hard to breathe, sneezing, plugged nose/sinuses, you name it - and I didn't even have to be in the same room as the cat or touch one for the symptoms to hit.

I visited a friend last summer who has 3 cats and I forgot my allergy meds, ended up partying and crashing at her place overnight. Woke up the next day with 2 cats laying on me and I didn't have any problems whatsoever. I've been over there and to other peoples' houses who own cats, and never have any symptoms. I'm actually grateful because I like cats and it sucked not being able to be around them for a long time (even most prescription and OTC allergy meds didn't alleviate the allergy symptoms at all).

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3g86qSFwxA

My GBS Santa sent a box full of cat toys and treats. :3:

Mr Executive
Aug 27, 2006

Ozz81 posted:

Very true here, I had the same problem - no issues around cats when I was young but as soon as I turned 10-11 years old, I couldn't be near them at all. Eyes would swell, hard to breathe, sneezing, plugged nose/sinuses, you name it - and I didn't even have to be in the same room as the cat or touch one for the symptoms to hit.

I visited a friend last summer who has 3 cats and I forgot my allergy meds, ended up partying and crashing at her place overnight. Woke up the next day with 2 cats laying on me and I didn't have any problems whatsoever. I've been over there and to other peoples' houses who own cats, and never have any symptoms. I'm actually grateful because I like cats and it sucked not being able to be around them for a long time (even most prescription and OTC allergy meds didn't alleviate the allergy symptoms at all).

Cat allergies are weird. I grew up with 2 cats an never had any problems. Then, senior year of high school came along and my body decided it couldn't stand my girlfriend's (now wife) 2 cats. Then I went off to college and every time I came back home, every cat gave me problems (even the 2 I grew up with). A few years later, I adopted a couple cats and I have never had any kind of allergic reaction to them. Now, when I go back to my parent's or my wife's parents house, none of the 4 cats have any affect on me.

SubMerged
Jan 14, 2003

SALT POTATOES

love cal, dave, and jordi

beatlegs posted:

Goon trifecta: boobs, pizza, cat

this is exceedingly artful. the peeling nail paint makes the pic.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Just took this photo of my little killer

Click here for the full 1296x968 image.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEWl4ORn-wA

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I'm actually surprised at your surprise in this video.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah dont let your cats play with your Christmas tree. You're just asking for disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
label switching is fun. i can relate to that.

Look at these loving cats.