Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 8, 2008
Here is our kitty Charlotte Charles, or Chuck as we call her. Yes I know we named her after a character on Pushing Dasies...

She's really not a big fan of having her picture taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Me and my brothers found this very friendly cat in the small town of Positano, Italy. One of my brothers got a really good camera before we went to Italy. That's my hand the cat is making friends with in the picture.

Sourdough Sam has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Jul 1, 2011

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

7734 posted:

Here is our kitty Charlotte Charles, or Chuck as we call her. Yes I know we named her after a character on Pushing Dasies...

She's really not a big fan of having her picture taken.

You have my Max. :stare:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Drink and Fight posted:

You have my Max. :stare:

And my bow!

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Trig Discipline posted:

And my bow!

:golfclap:
That is fantastic. Here, have a Squidgy cat:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Vidaeus posted:

Your cat is perpetually surprised. This looks dangerous hilarious.

Brazilian Werewolf
Dec 6, 2006
--dies at the end.
This is my cat Cosmo in mid-yawn.

We got him on Thanksgiving of 1999. He somehow ended up on the dining table without anyone noticing, and instead of eating the turkey, he went for the asparagus.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Brazilian Werewolf posted:

This is my cat Cosmo in mid-yawn.

We got him on Thanksgiving of 1999. He somehow ended up on the dining table without anyone noticing, and instead of eating the turkey, he went for the asparagus.

First thing I thought of, with the position of his paw and his expression, was him screaming "KHAAAAAAAN!"

Buddy_Cthulhu
Jun 10, 2005

This is our kitten Brooklyn adjusting to her new home a few days after pickup from the shelter. She really liked the present with the spice pillow in it.

And now all the toys in the world later and apparently a plastic bag is the best sleep accessory ever.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

First thing I thought of, with the position of his paw and his expression, was him screaming "KHAAAAAAAN!"

I agree, the paw placement looks like he is making a fist in the air too. Fantastic.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I still miss him. :smith:

My current awesome cat.

Pulled Pork Taco
Mar 27, 2008
This is Rowan. I adopted her from Cats Protection in January. She hid under my bed for five weeks. Now she's the terror of the neighbourhood.

Yep, her tail is really short :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
My parents have a true calico and a tortie both with stubby kitty tails. They're soooo cute :3: Is Rowan a total sweetheart? Every calico I've met is a total sweetie pie.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Sherry, 17 and a half, and extremely cranky after a nap. She went straight back to sleep after this was taken.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Pulled Pork Taco
Mar 27, 2008

Geolicious posted:

My parents have a true calico and a tortie both with stubby kitty tails. They're soooo cute :3: Is Rowan a total sweetheart? Every calico I've met is a total sweetie pie.

She's a bit of a diva. She doesn't ask for affection, she DEMANDS it... but only after a new person has been in the room with her for a couple of hours. Initially when there's someone new, she hides. Then she watches them for ages before moving in. If you stare at her, forget it. The only way for a new person to get her attention is to ignore her for a while; this hurts her pride and she has to butt in.

To people she knows, she is practically a cuddle-pest. She'll even clamp on you with her legs so you have to scratch her belly. She also headbutts like a Glasgow pub fighter.

She won't sit on people, she will sit beside them, even smashed up against their leg, but never on the lap. You also can't pick her up, she hates it. I got stigmata putting her in the carrier the one time I had to.

I thought this quirky behaviour was a result of the trauma that happened before she was sent to the rescue, but the vet told me that torties are often control freaks, very loving, but only on their terms.

BTW I am typing this sitting in a dining chair, because she really likes my office chair. It's hers now :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Yep. That sums up my parents' calicos, except they do no mind being picked up. When I was at home a while back my bf stopped by and the true calico forced me off the couch so she could cuddle with him. Never got on his lap, but practically entwined herself on his arm!

The tortie will chase you around the house for lovin'.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Pulled Pork Taco posted:

She's a bit of a diva. She doesn't ask for affection, she DEMANDS it... but only after a new person has been in the room with her for a couple of hours. Initially when there's someone new, she hides. Then she watches them for ages before moving in. If you stare at her, forget it. The only way for a new person to get her attention is to ignore her for a while; this hurts her pride and she has to butt in.

Haha, I was seeing a girl who had a little calico named Chai that did the same thing - first time I came over, the cat hid under the couch and wouldn't come out (she had 2 others, another calico and a black one). The other 2 cats were all up in my business and wanted pets and cuddles, and after a couple hours Chai came out sniffing and checking me out. She'd still hide if I went to pet her or whatever, so I didn't think much of it.

I ended up staying the night the second time I visited, and when I woke up, Chai was laying on my belly half-asleep :3: after that she warmed up and LOVED attention.

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
label switching is fun. i can relate to that.
Look at this lazy cat.

multiprotocol has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Jul 3, 2011

A black person
Oct 3, 2007

Bender, stop shutting the hell up!

multiprotocol posted:

Look at this lazy cat.

I have that same cat.

Gryi
Sep 30, 2004
"Rem Koolhaas is the Darth Vader of architecture."
My friend's cat bulking up for a feline bodybuilding competition:

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Gryi posted:

My cat Turkey was in the same competition, but didn't do as well:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Gryi posted:

:catstare:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Pulled Pork Taco posted:

This is Rowan. I adopted her from Cats Protection in January. She hid under my bed for five weeks. Now she's the terror of the neighbourhood.

Yep, her tail is really short :3:

You call that a short tail? :catstare:

Arthur laughs at your cats positively luxuriously long tail! Arthur doesn't really laugh, though. Arthur stares in surprise and confusion at what he thinks may be a tail. Arthur's not very bright. Yesterday we had to stop him from running repeatedly into a wall.

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

Abbeh posted:

You call that a short tail? :catstare:

Arthur laughs at your cats positively luxuriously long tail! Arthur doesn't really laugh, though. Arthur stares in surprise and confusion at what he thinks may be a tail. Arthur's not very bright. Yesterday we had to stop him from running repeatedly into a wall.

Professor Topplesover says tails are for assholes

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Well, I'd post a picture of my black, tail-less kitty, Tabitha, but she will not hold still long enough for me to get a rump shot! But here is her brother Henry when he was a baby:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Gryi posted:

Needs to get to a real gym (not my cat!).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sex Hobbit posted:

Heh, all cats are inherently dicks.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I posted:

Needs to get to a real gym (not my cat!).

Chunky's too lazy for that. She won't even use a push mower.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Scanned the thread and didn't see it here (apologies if it's a repost) - saw this in the PYF funny picture thread

Cacophonous Brown
Sep 26, 2008

Ma Meeshka Mow Skwoz

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
It took him about a week to figure out how to get inside of this box.

And then he fell asleep.

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Thread needs more cats.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Thread needs more cats.

Shovel on more cats!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SK6JycwLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt0HFm66ImM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWBbt--UUP8

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

combee
Nov 17, 2007

it's the combee's knees!

combee has a new favorite as of 13:56 on Jul 23, 2013

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

combee posted:

This cat :stare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERLlBS-hf1s

I... can't say I've ever seen a cat do that before.

The impression I get is of an old man scratching his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeadcrabPie
Oct 6, 2009
I finally have a cat to post pictures of! :neckbeard: Meet Illidan.

We got him two months ago at a couple months old.

More recent pics. He's going to be a monster.

Sorry for the lovely quality, these were taken on my phone.

HeadcrabPie has a new favorite as of 11:59 on Jul 13, 2011