Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Druggachusettes posted:

My cat Garfunkel using Simon's butt as a pillow.

Strangely, I was listening to a Simon & Garfunkel playlist when I read this post. I heartily approve. And man, all you people make me wish I could have a cat SO BADLY.

As for my contribution, this is Katamari, a scottish fold whose blog I follow way too closely. She looks like if you petted her, she'd be as soft as a rabbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love this picture because it reminds me of being a kid in the summer back home in Alaska, when you could finally lay outside on the grass and just watch the world go by:

EDIT: Also bleedbackwards I want to hang with your friend's cat. He looks chill.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Those cats look so unbelievably soft. How do you resist just burying your face in them and actually get things done?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Taerkar posted:

Pallas Kittens wandering about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsuFS8uzbzc&feature=player_embedded
Pallas Cats are the best cats :3:

Edit: asdjksh watch the next three videos in the series. They're even cuter when they try to hiss and look all fierce.

Tendai has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Jul 29, 2010

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oderlan posted:

An ikea in the UK decides to release 100 cats in their store for the night. The best part is that they filmed it. The action starts about 2:09. I hope they put out more from the shoot
I think this might be one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
dunkman, your cat is ridiculous. Every time I see picture of him, I think that, and then I have the urge to rub my face on the computer screen as if I could magically rub it on his fuzzy belly.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poknok posted:

I think I picked this up in FYAD a long time ago, probably someone's sig.
I can hear the purring :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poknok posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdWhpwAg0Tg

While we're at purring, notice the awesome "OM NOM NOM" sound in this video at 2:12 :3:
I would be okay with dying to a stampede like that :3: Then I would pet those fat little kittybellies

(Man the :3: is the perfect thing for this thread)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dunkman posted:

A few nights later Esteban read your post and has tried to off himself by twisting himself into a pretzel:

Noooo Esteban, don't do it! :ohdear:

(wanna pet that belly)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dunkman posted:

Esteban is a tiny baby 18lbs of 3 year old fluffiness. He'd never ever hurt anyone ever.

He did rip a scab off my roommates arm once that NEVER STOPPED BLEEDING.

But yeah, I have a few scars from him.
Judging by that first wet picture of him, Esteban realizes that he does not look nearly so regal when he's dripping. Poor Esteban :saddowns:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
She's also adorable :3: I have a soft spot for cats that are mostly white with splotches of calico or whatever that pattern would be called.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, this picture from that site made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe. The facial expression!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If people don't read the YOSPOS cat thread they are missing out on the best SomethingAwful experience. Tong all cattes (except Elena).

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like how the monk looks so totally unimpressed. "Yup, baby on a tiger. No big deal."

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boss is a very handsome fellow, please post more of him :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dove from Above posted:

Huh, my experience has been the opposite. We haven't intentionally had all girl cats - indeed, twice we got kittens who we thought were boys until a vet visit determined otherwise - but we've just always had girl cats and they've never really been friends.
Maybe we just got girl cats who are kind of jerks socially.
This was always my experience too. All three girl cats got along with the male, but they were "meh" to "NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP" to the other females

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hell, I want to sleep in that bed. That thing looks comfortable.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Therion posted:

Looks like Shtoopsee got herself into an uncomfortable situation! She is confused.

The best way I can describe the sound I made seeing that picture is that it's like the sound a flamboyantly gay dude I knew in high school used to make when he saw clothing he liked.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We need more Beyoncé vs Beyoncé, those were fantastic

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Therion posted:

Thank you! Here is her being insightful.

What a delightfully ridiculous little face :kimchi:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
His gray fur makes me think of velour and then I imagine him speaking like Zapp Brannigan.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Like he's wearing those ridiculous little fingers-only gloves :3: What a cute kitty

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
literally magical.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This, please.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tiny cat is indeed hella tiny :3: I want to put a hand in each of those baskets.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

moerketid posted:

Meezer baskings
Look at those trianglehead cats :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Freakbox posted:

Best cats. Since no one minded last time, I hope that big kitties are welcome to sleepyland, too. :kimchi:

He's napping on my best friend's hoodie that he inexplicably carries around in AUGUST IN OKLAHOMA. I just let him; shy guys gotta do what shy guys gotta do.

:argh: I just washed that loving hoodie for him, Sir Percival. God Damnit, cat.

EDIT: I took another one. I'm horrible. Fatling is what my girlfriend calls him.

Big kitties are always fuckin' welcome anywhere.

I love when cats sleep so hard they look like they're snoring, that's what Percival looks like :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Morton Harket posted:

I'm not entirely sure where to put this, please forgive me. I had to have my cat put to sleep yesterday and it's the hardest thing I've had to do in quite a while. Its a long story, but basically he was brought in with kidney failure and quickly deteriorated.  

Satchel was a snowshoe variety of cat and he was special. I adopted him from the SPCA in 2001, when I lived in Michigan. He had an upper respiratory virus so I had to keep him away from my roommate's/best friend's cats. So Satchel and I bonded heavily stuck in that downstairs room. I was in there a lot during the day, giving him medicine, and I slept with him at night. He quickly figured out I was his person and he was very loyal. The next year I had to move back to Georgia and he was a perfect traveler. We settled back into his new home/my old one and he lived a very happy life. He had a wonderful personality, was really talkative and loved to lick noses. He'd been deteriorating in the past year or so. At the beginning of the year I said something to my husband about Satchel probably not making it through 2015. Even though I knew it was going to be sooner rather than later, I was so upset I threw up 3 times. I couldn't decide what pictures to post so I just made a photo grid. I've been at SA for 10 years but I don't post regularly enough to have it all down so I'm trying hard to not gently caress up.

What a handsome cat :unsmith: He sounds like he was absolutely amazing and he was sure a cute, derpy-looking cat. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Sorry for the terrible pic. My friend who was working in the clinic has a potato phone.

So Jethro got to spend the night in the hospital, and is going to be transferred to another clinic today. His temp still isn't down, even with cooled IV fluids, three antibiotics and the anti-inflammatory from earlier in the day. :(

One of the doctors is thinking it might be a vaccine reaction. I've worked in veterinary medicine for 16 years and never knew cats could get reactions to vaccines 2-3 weeks after the shots, but apparently this is a thing.
Aw Jethro :( Get better kitty. I hope it clears up if it is a reaction. Poor guy.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Freakbox posted:

I'm glad that your kitty is feeling better! :glomp: have some cattebelly to celebrate.

Looks like a bulkier version of Kiska, right down to the dark part on his head just covering one eye :3: How is he (okay possibly she) on belly rubs?

jfc I love Tara

holocaust bloopers posted:

Uh Tara is a lady
A dainty lady.

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

So Jethro is home!

Hi Jethro!

Welcome home Jethro :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh man look at 'em :3: Those ears

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

meristem posted:

Chilling out:

Tinycat lookin' more like normalkitten now :3: That's lovely.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like the boop-spot on his nose :3: Very convenient

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mizuti posted:

Tinycat isn't quite so tiny anymore. :unsmith: Wonder how big he'll ultimately get.
Smallbutnotunreasonablysocat is just such an unwieldy name :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ohmygodthey'resofuzzy :pusheen:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shs posted:

A few weeks ago a pregnant stray/abandoned cat moved into my backyard and refused to leave. Here's what happened next:

I would like to come live at your house :kimchi: Lookit them kittens.

also

Burkion posted:

Oscar the orange one shows sign of being an idiot when it comes to kitty litter
Cats that are bad at peeing need the MOST love :3: In my experience from having a stupid pisscat who is also the single most affectionate animal I've ever known.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DigitalRaven posted:

That's right, human. Get my good side.
Whoa, what a dramatic face.

What's this cat's name.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tamarillo posted:

This is my cat's mum with not only her five kittens but the five kittens from the other litter having a go at her all at once

Shortly afterwards she erupted with a massive gently caress THIS poo poo, rejected all of the kittens before they were weaned and the breeder had to have her spayed. Worst mum cat.
Ahahahaha that picture is amazing :allears: "What the gently caress did I get myself into."

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my look at its little face :kimchi: SOMEONE'S a kitty kitty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Like actually blind? Blind cats are great, I've met a few and they were just cats except they bonked into things if they moved (it was funny even if you felt bad)

How is Small Orange Pisskitten doing with the litterbox? I think you said he had some issues?

Also they are so loving cute I can't stand it, why does my cat have to hate all other cats.