Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I have a heartwarming kitty story to share. I figured this would be a good place to do it because gently caress those scary catladies in Pet Island.

I was at a large family birthday out in the country this weekend. The hostess had her own cat, who was very aggressive and territorial. She also hated all other cats but her own. Along comes this other cat, basically just a large, female kitten, who had been abandoned by a neighbouring couple when they moved away. It's hungry, cold and starved for any kind of care or attention, so it meowed a lot and tried to rub against the legs of the guests who were outside smoking. It then followed them back into the dining hall, which prompted the evil hostess to kick it out. This happened several times over the next few hours, disrupting speeches and driving the woman crazy. Kitty was very persistent, however, and ended up being brought in by some compassionate guests, sitting on a chair and being petted for an hour. It was kicked out again when the hostess discovered it. She went on the phone and made arrangements to have it shot the next day.

Thankfully, before this could happen, my cousin and his wife chose to adopt and bring it home with them. That came about after several guests had protested the otherwise certain death of this adorable, little creature. Operation: Kitten Rescue was a success. :3:

I'll try to get my hands on some pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Category Fun! posted:

Man, who do you even call to have a kitten shot? I can't imagine running a successful business offering to shoot kittens for money.

It was just a neighbour with a hunting license, I imagine.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Small update on the kitten: It has adjusted perfectly to its new home and is even a little naughty already. Wish my place allowed pets so I could kittysit on occasion. :3:

Working on the pictures still.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Finally got some pictures of the kitty who escaped being shot.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

And another. :3:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

11b1p posted:

My best friends sister's cat hates his Halloween outfit. Cat's name is Linus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP5Xigg3glE&feature=youtu.be

:lol:

I know it's kinda cruel, but the end caught me off guard and I laughed my rear end off.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Locknine posted:

That is so loving adorable. :3:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BooDoug187 posted:

He looks real nervous for his job interview. Its ok buddy, just relax and be yourself!

He is obviously frightened that they'll make him pee in a cup. Catnip's a hell of a drug.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Girlfriend's new kitty, Sascha, he's 2½ and was adopted from a family with allergies. Totally adorable and playful most of the time, and probably the most well-behaved cat I have ever encountered, the only issue is that he growls and hides under the couch when the neighbours are being noisy, as her apartment isn't exactly sound-proof.

I'll put up some more pictures when I remember to bring along my dSLR.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

LokiAlthorin posted:

Sparsely furnished room = lack of kitten snuggle objects. This resulted.

It doesn't even fit!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kammat posted:

When mine gets a bug up his but and starts yowling for attention, I have one sided conversations the same way.

*yowl*
Yes?
*yowl*
Oh really?
*yowl*
Are you absolutely sure?
*yowl*

It's silly how he waits for me to stop before giving his next yowl.

I sing this with my girlfriend's cat. We take turns singing each part, but he keeps forgetting the chorus. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeqeOPs24E8

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

redmercer posted:

Admit it, you named them that so you can catch them cuddling in a picture and call it "The Space-Time Continuum".

"Cutetinuum". :3:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

MikeJF posted:

I like that you guys talk as though your cat has one bed, rather than owning every soft surface in the house. Misty progresses between at least six different 'beds' over the course of a day and night.

My girlfriend's cat has: a Build-A-Bear soft foam puppy "basket"; a pillowed wicker bed that doubles as a cage, but has never been used as such; an intricate scratch board with a soft "cave" for hiding and sleeping.

Where he actually sleeps: on her lap; on her bed, beneath the covers; on her bed, on top of the covers; in her bed, on her; in her bed, on me; on the bed, inside of the covers; on a piece of uncrumpled brown paper on the living room floor.

Sometimes he sleeps like this:

He's weird. His name is Sascha.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Knowledgable cat-owners, at which point should one start to worry about vomit? My girlfriend's indoor cat has been doing it quite a bit lately, like three to five times a week of staccato barf sessions, and often it's not due to a hairball. He seems well otherwise.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What's wrong with it? I've never seen a cat that looks like that, but it reminds me a little of the Down's tiger.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

muscles like this? posted:

Proof that cats can and will sleep anywhere.

Catcus the Cactus Cat

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Brother Jonathan posted:

The British shorthair, Mr. Waffles:

Oh my God, it's Babbycat. :buddy:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Oh my God, your cat has a mole! :neckbeard:

And a totally dapper Zorro coat and styled facial hair. That is amazing.

SplitSoul has a new favorite as of 03:17 on Sep 12, 2013

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Silly kitty, that's not what catloaf means!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Same, cat. Same.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's Lumpycat!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

You took too much, man, you took too much, too much. Don't try and fight it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

a kitten posted:

It seems like this should violate some law of physics or another.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwB8nbI4TuM
Cat With a Laser Pointer on Head

Giving a cat a laser sight, and cat programming as regards all things laser being basically "fire at will", seems like a good idea only in theory.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What a lovely bouqitten.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I dub her Angrycat. Prepare to become rich off internet fame.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Robert Denby posted:

Maude is really anxious to get that pigeon.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They apparently had a cameo appearance in the South Park episode "Handicar" only four weeks ago.

Pigeon show and other old Hanna-Barbera was on Saturday morning TV when I was a kid.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

"Oh. You got me a new carrier. I see. Thanks."

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Closet cat is all, "Heheheheheh".

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

All cats are the best, but black cats are the bestest. ACABBBCAB.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Once my in-laws catsat while we went on vacation and when we came home the little bastard had eaten every single bud from my MIL's prized orchids.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'm going to have to steal your cat. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000