Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

So is there a reliable way to trick Punkbuster to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

4 Day Weekend posted:

What's the PB problem ?

If it's getting kicked on some servers for 'windows something something' then try

However, PnkBstrA/B are located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 , for BF2 at least.

RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

Strangely I've never gotten the unknown api or whatever message before.. Why are different people getting different messages?

e: Also I can't seem to find any punkbuster processes in services.msc

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Hi guys, does punkbuster work with Windows 7 yet?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Zephro posted:

Does anyone know specifically how much hardware upgrading you'll be able to do with an OEM version before it craps out and complains that you're running it on a different computer?

Usually when you change the motherboard, right?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

malefactor posted:

Rivatuner, for gpu overclocking and fan playing

How are you using Rivatuner? I can't for the life of me get it to work because of the driver signing poo poo, even though apparently the current version has signed drivers. I can't seem to disable driving settings with the dos commands, group policy or F8 at boot trick either. I'm on the x64 version. What is wrong? :ohdear:

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Are any of the recent patches causing the computer to turn off by itself? This isn't the normal bluescreen followed by automatic restart, it's just turning off. In the past week I've come home from work twice to find my PC off, and once after I woke up (I leave it running all day because :filez:)

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

tropical posted:

The router is setup to give out .100 to .108. I ended up just leaving my computer at .107 and modifying my port forwarding on the router to send stuff to .107.

Funny thing, I just reinstalled Win7 tonight on my new SSD and the first thing I did was check my IP... 192.168.1.107. I dunno what it is but my computer likes that one :D

Pretty sure your router is assigning IPs based on the MAC address of your NIC..?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Civil posted:

It was for a ps3 controller, and I could only find unsigned drivers. Sadly, rebooting in normal mode didn't make the note go away.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/01/05/remove-windows-7-watermark-for-testing-purposes-only-evaluation-copy-test-mode-on-desktop/

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Drox posted:

Dude you should just yell for your mom to bring your chocolate milk and have a nap already.

edit: for actual content, no, licensing is distinct from ownership and I would be really incredibly surprised if looting an OEM code out of the garbage constitutes a legal transference of license.

You're like a guy furiously fighting for women's rights to the point even the women don't know what the gently caress the big deal is. Sure it's fine standing up for other people if the cause means a lot to them, but when they don't care and it doesn't affect you and you still make a scene over it you just look like a douche.

I really doubt Microsoft cares. Wasn't it even the officially stated that Microsoft actually tolerates piracy by consumers and even some governments because it helps seal the dominance of their OSes and Office suites?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

AlexDeGruven posted:

Flatten and reinstall regardless of what route you take. It's a fair bet that there's other sorts of nastiness installed with the "Windows 7 Ultimate Black Edition R-Type" iso the guy downloaded.

I understand the whole NO PIRACY IN HERE but come on, that's plain bullshit. I've never ever seen a pirated OS package floating around ANYWHERE with spyware or adware. The fact is the people who download OSes are obviously savvy enough to install and/or require an OS (the latter meaning they've either wiped a previous install or build their own PC). If anything it's likely that a pirated version of Windows is more flattened than a standard install. Lots of the illegal packages around have been striped down in different ways to remove lots of components that the user might not need.