Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taafis
Dec 1, 2008

keep it nappy or braided up dirty in the cockpit, blazin' up

deep square leg posted:

I'll add a vote for the VMWare Server suggestion. It's free, and is working well for me under Win 7.

how did you get networking to work properly in vmware server? when i choose Bridged as Network Adapter 1, i cant get neither internet nor network access in my guest os (windows xp sp3), when i choose NAT, i can ping stuff on the internet, but cant connect to sites with any web browser. any work-arounds you did?

edit: forgot to mention that host os is windows 7 build 7100 x64

edit2: gave up and went back to vista :effort:

taafis fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taafis
Dec 1, 2008

The Gasmask posted:

Does that mean it's not actually usable with Win7? I'm pretty sure I have the option to format my flash drive with WinFS, but I could be mistaken.

that's probably exfat

taafis
Dec 1, 2008

Today, my windows update window looked like this. It tells me that one important update is available, but no update shows up. Anyone else who has experienced similar problems?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

taafis
Dec 1, 2008

Binary posted:

What's the consensus on the best firewall and virus scanner for Windows 7?

microsoft security essentials and the windows firewall

e:beaten