Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

A5H posted:

Just pre-ordered windows 7 for £44 at tesco :) UK goons should jump on this!

Cheers pal!

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-3928.aspx

I just checked and this is still £150 on play.com to preorder the full version, with the upgrade version being £80, I hope Tesco didn't gently caress up because this seems awful cheap for the full version (listing the price as £70 before reductions), oh well worst that can happen is that I'll get my money back!

Honey Im Homme fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

A5H posted:

It should be fine mate :)

Did you use the £5 off code as well!?

No drat it!

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

http://www.citadelindustries.net/readydriverplus/

This does it automatically

quote:

Windows 7 RC1 installs a hidden 200mb partition purely for booting the OS. ReadyDriverPlus needs to be installed there. This is tricky and I'll add screenshots later, but here is how you do it:
Start Menu -> Right click Computer (or My Computer) and select Manage. You'll now be at Computer Management screen
Click Disk Management
There will be a blank 200mb drive (partition) without a letter attached (or maybe it does have a letter, i think i removed it so it didnt show in windows). This is where ReadyDriverPlus needs be be installed.
Because it doesnt have a drive letter, we need to assign it one, this is easy.
Right click the blank drive. Click "Change Drive Letters and Paths..."
Click "Add"
THen choose a letter beside Assign a new drive letter or path for 200Mb NTFS Simple Volume..... Click OK
Now install ReadyDriverPlus to this partition and you'll be good to go.
You can remove drive letter but to uninstall ReadyDriverPlus, you'll need to assign the partition the letter again.
You can find the letter in your registry. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ReadyDriver Plus_is1\InstallLocation

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

get someone in education to create you a student email and pay 30 bux/quid

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

gently caress royal mail :argh:

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Lum posted:

My copy arrived today from PC World.

Sucessfully activated my already installed copy (Ultimate DVD, ei.cfg removed to let me install Pro) using the key inside the box (which I was able to extract without breaking the seal on top too!)

Yay for PC World's incompetence! Their email said it wouldn't ship until tomorrow and would take 5-7 days due to the strikes.

My copy from tesco direct hasn't even shipped yet, apparently the distributor is going to contact me to arrange postage, and it will ship on the 21st still. :(

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Lenins Potato posted:

Anyone planning on doing an unboxing video when their win7 arrives in the mail or when they pick it up at the store?

(not mine:()

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

http://ninite.com/

Very handy if you've just installed!

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

So how are you guys in enterprise environments setting up your windows 7 machines? We're currently testing things about and it'd be nice to hear what other people are doing.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

I'm working with some colleagues who are trying to setup a cross forest trust between 2 separate old domains and a new one.

Domain A and Domain B(the new one) are on the same subnet and the trust is working fine between them. Pings, NSlookups and FQDN work fine.

When we try to create a trust between Domain C and Domain B we get an error saying there are no logon servers available.

Both sites are using Stub Zones for DNS - SiteB.local a stub zone on SiteC.local SiteC.local stub zone on SiteB.local.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Honey Im Homme posted:

I'm working with some colleagues who are trying to setup a cross forest trust between 2 separate old domains and a new one.

Domain A and Domain B(the new one) are on the same subnet and the trust is working fine between them. Pings, NSlookups and FQDN work fine.

When we try to create a trust between Domain C and Domain B we get an error saying there are no logon servers available.

Both sites are using Stub Zones for DNS - SiteB.local a stub zone on SiteC.local SiteC.local stub zone on SiteB.local.

Any ideas?

One of the DC's were pointing to an old non-existant DNS Server.

Inherited networks with no documentation :c00l: