Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Does anyone know if Nvidia will ever allow the user to horizontal span monitors which is supposedly impossible from what they say even though ATI has no problem doing it in Vista?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo
If you edit the minversion for the windows7 install disk so it will upgrade the RC, do you still have to the March 2010 limit?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
If you are the person who just wants to stick your fingers into everything make a new folder and rename it to

pre:
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
I have been using Win7 since the RC and I am addicted to it now. I don't think I can use XP as my PC OS anymore.

I see this everyday when I work on my computer at work and I am always trying to cram windows on the top to make it full screen.

Someone actually commented on why I was trying so hard to push my mouse into the edge.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

the Dealy Lama posted:

You need AeroSnap for XP.

Maybe, if it wasn't a work computer.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

teethgrinder posted:

I know you can specify new locations for specific user folders, like Documents, Saved Games, Music, etc ... but is there any Microsoft-supported way to move the entire C:\Users structure elsewhere? Or the individuals users would be alright too, but doing it piecemeal by subfolder is a pain in the rear end.

Create junction.

Think of them as like symbolic links but much simpler.

I use Junction Link Magic. Easy interface and does what you want. Also lists any juncitons you might have laying around especially those User directories.

http://www.rekenwonder.com/linkmagic.htm

It says 2000/XP, but it's working for me in Win7 as well.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

madlobster posted:

This is much better:
http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html
It does junctions, hard links, and symbolic links as an Explorer shell extension.

I tried that, but I like the checks the junction magic makes before you actually do it.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
I updated last night on Win 10 64 and now my Realtek HD Audio will appear to be in my device manager (with all the inputs and outputs on top of the manager now) but the speaker in the system tray has a red X.

Going to input and output shows nothing in either input and output BUT all the old audio input/outputs show up now in the device manager.

This problem seems have been around for a long time and the fix was either install the most recent driver, the exact driver from your mobo manufacturer page (Gigabyte Asorus Ultra 390 btw), install the driver under compatibility mode, reset the motherboard to default, run sfc and DISM (with and without the windows iso files).

Just tired. Is it hyperv? its probably hyperv....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Been having this issue for awhile and all the suggestions I found don't really answer what exactly is going on.

The apps installed from the Windows store show up differently between how they show up normally on Start and when I search for something (winkey + <typing anything>)

Ubuntu app on normal start

Same Ubuntu app while searching on start menu

The icon for Ubuntu is representing Faststone Image View as default, but it is not the .ico file when you click on it; it runs the Ubuntu app.

Besides resetting the default viewer for images (I still want to use Faststone for image viewing by default) what other options do I have to fix this?