Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isochronous
Jul 15, 2001

*Golf Clap*

MisterSnrub posted:

I'm having some weird Permission issues with my Win7 install. Whenever I try to open Itunes, UAC comes up and asks if I want to let Itunes make changes to my computer. It does this every time. Also it complains about not being able to save the library file because it doesn't have the correct permissions, but I made sure that I am the owner of the my user profile and have Full Control.

Another thing I have issues with is deleting things. I have a folder on my Desktop of something I downloaded and when I try to delete it it states "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder". I select continue it states "You require permission from [computername/myaccount] to makes changes to this folder". But I am [computername/myaccount]!

Does anyone know what is going on?

You need to run iTunes as administrator, not sure what's going on with the other issue. Have you tried manually taking ownership of the folder and checking its security permissions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU