Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

Tagra posted:

This is pretty minor and probably more of an inexperienced with administrator rights thing, but maybe someone can help...

I run TVersity to stream to the Xbox360, and on XP all I had to do was set it to share on windows startup, and it was good to go. On 7 however, when the system is rebooted, the media server launches, but it is apparently not launching as Admin so the Xbox is not able to access anything until I open it as admin and restart the server.

Is there any way to get it to launch and share as admin by default?

I'm not going to be able to help you here, but I have the same setup and it works with no problems. On a previous release though I had a similar problem and never worked it quite out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

Nam Taf posted:

With a twist of fist, man :(

I really did want to get in on the pre-order action but I was wary of the "what if" of them checking my card against where I said I lived (A made-up US address).

I bet it'll be like AUD$400 or something too for the professional. :suicide:

I spoke to a senior MS manager and he informed me that theres no plans for a similar promotion in Australia. On the plus side, he just told he'd hook a brotha up.

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

Captain Novolin posted:

Are there any virtual drive programs that work with win7 that can emulate anchient (~11 years old) copy protection. Daemon Tools could do it if I enabled the safedisk/secuROM/whatever options, but that doesn't work. I just want to play Twinsen's Odyssey again :smith:

The safedisk etc part doesnt work or daemon tools doesn't work?

Daemon Tools works on Win 7 as of 1-2 months ago.

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

PopeOnARope posted:

To address the artificial limitation argument: 640k aught to be enough for everyone. Remember that?

Just because the consumer can't currently utilize a feature, doesn't necessarily mean that it's useless. Limiting users to 16GB of ram in 2009 would have been like Microsoft coding in a 1GB limitation in 2000. "Why, Windows XP Home users often operate just fine on 256MB of memory. I can't see them spending that much on extra memory. Trying to use that much for them is simply a waste of time!"

Well, since the vast majority have 32 bit systems, XP does basically have a 4GB limitation. That being said, it's been able to nearly double it's intended lifespan due to Vista delays and people are only really hitting the 4GB limitation now. I know there's people here with a lot more than 4GB, but most retail PCs are still coming with 2-4GB.

If Microsoft stick to their release schedule, a 16GB limit should be too bad at all in my opinion.

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

Aturaten posted:

Supposedly Windows 7 RTM has been leaked today. I suspect the news will pick it up shortly.

Wasn't it leaked back on July 15 or so? It just wasn't confirmed that the build was correct until a week alter when an msdn blog confirmed it.

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

I get that same Flash problem. It shits me.

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

Why not just type mstsc?

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

giZm posted:

From what I've read it's because it's still a beta version, but I somehow doubt it'll get any better.

I downloaded WMM a while ago as I had to do some simple video editing and felt I was totally missing something really simple, then I realized, no, it's just a piece of poo poo with pretty much no use anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

My drat internet connection just dies every so often. I don't know whether it's Win7, or nVidia's fault.

I had my wireless drop out whenever I downloaded something in one of the previous builds, I ended up force installing drivers for a similar device that worked... maybe see if you can track down something similar.