Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Should I do a backup of files or use the System Transfer tools to move from XP to Win7 RC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

My boot time has gone from about 15 seconds to over a minute since I bought my computer in October. Nothing new has been added to start up.

Anyone else having this issue?

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

fishmech posted:

Yeah, it works like this:
-Sleep = Most stuff gets shut off, there's still power to the fans and processor and ram. Disconnec tthe power you lose your current operating state.
-Hybrid Sleep = same as Sleep except that the contents of memeory and the like are saved to ddisk as in hibernation. You still use power, but if the power gets cut off and then restored, your current working state is restored from disk.
-Hibernation = Everything is turned off, your computer's current state is saved to disk, when you restore power it will return to what you were doing before.

I changed what my power button does and chose hibernate.

When I hit hibernate it goes into hibernation but the fans are still running and I hear the disk spinning. The only options under that menu "sleep" or "hibernate". Am I missing something?