Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

doubtful posted:

I accidentally unpinned wmp from the taskbar now when I repin it i no longer have jump lists and there is 2 icons on the taskbar when it's open...wtf?

Edit: fixed by opening wmp, unpinning the icon used to open it then pinning the 2nd icon it creates upon opening. Weird..

I think because you might've tried to pin the shortcut rather than the program itself? Pinning seems to not quite be identical to a simple shortcut as far as jump lists are concerned, as if it creates its own special version of shortcuts. Don't take my word on that, though, but I've hit similar issues...

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 31, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
REALLY STUPID CLEARTYPE QUESTION: CLEARTYPE LOOKS LIKE poo poo, SHOULD I ADJUST IT? THE ANSWER IS YES.

vv Yeah the question was dumb. :/

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 8, 2009

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Thermopyle posted:

That's exactly why it's an issue. If you have more than one Firefox window open each one will have a different name unless you have each one with the same website open in a focused tab.

Well, IE 8 currently has support for the extra taskbar functionality that allows you to get thumbnails of every tab that's open (source). I'm assuming it'd be a matter of time, once Windows 7 officially launches, before Firefox/Chrome/whatever also get this functionality. Winamp and Foobar seem to be 2 of the early adopters, albeit through user-made extensions.

Edit: Wait, that's not exactly what you were complaining about, was it? Well, it's still a neat feature to have, so I'll leave that paragraph up there.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Not "they suddenly care", it's "Microsoft agreed to it or else they'd get royally hosed into oblivion by the EU." They've been doing similar things since at least Vista, and I'd have to check if they ever did it with XP. It's the origin of the "N" versions of software, they've been having to remove Windows Media Player for some time now in Europe.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

fishmech posted:

Microsoft didn't agree to anything, removing IE was going to be a gently caress you to the European Union's request.

Oh, that'll learn me to read. :downs: I thought that WAS the EU's request.

Cojawfee, Apple never went to quite the lengths Microsoft used to to ensure that you wouldn't try to install alternative software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
:downs: I need to stop posting before reading, I'm making an rear end of myself.

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 23, 2009