Okay, I'm looking at taking the plunge and upgrading from XP, which I've had forever, to 7 (Looking at the OP, and given that it's primarilyfor gaming, microsoft word, and internet browsing, Home Premium looks like a go-er). The version of XP I have is itself an upgrade edition, and was upgraded from a copy of 98SE. MY questions are:
1. Will it allow me to upgrade from an upgrade edition?
2. Is it possible/easy to set up dual-boot XP/7?
2.5. Will upgrading from XP negate my ability to use that particular copy of XP as my alternative OS in a dual-boot setup?
3. I'm not completely up on how upgrade editions work. If I have windows 7 installed and validated, and wish to to a periodic scrub and clean re-install of my OS partition, do I have to essentially go back to the XP install, or can I do it over the existing install (stupid question, I know, but I'd like to be sure).
4. Just to clarify, are 32 and 64-bit located on the same media, or do you have to purchase a specific version?
|# ¿ Nov 18, 2009 07:34|
|# ¿ May 21, 2013 16:41|
Thanks for the reply; it's much appreciated. Two new questions, though:
1. Will it allow me to upgrade from 32-bit XP to 64-bit W7? I read somewhere that you can't upgrade from Vista 32b to 7 32b.
2. But are both discs included in the same purchase package?
Once again, thanks.
|# ¿ Nov 18, 2009 08:28|