Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tismondo
Dec 14, 2005

Take that, subspace!
I'm having a problem that smells very much like a Windows problem, but may end up being program-specific (Opera)

Using a standard user account - every time I open Opera, UAC activates and asks me for my admin password. Naturally, the reason for this is cause "Run Opera as Administrator" is checked in the user permissions.

The problem is that it's also grayed out so I can't uncheck it. Is there a trick to this I'm missing? Why is Windows demanding that I run Opera with admin rights?

I tried completely uninstalling Opera and did a deep registry scan with Revo to remove all traces of it. Reinstalling it gives me the same behavior. What the crap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tismondo
Dec 14, 2005

Take that, subspace!

c0burn posted:

If you open an elevated explorer can you change the properties?
I just gave it a try, but it doesn't work :(

For the Opera exe itself, I've tried giving all different combinations of users all different combinations of permisisons, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. No matter how much control I manually give, I can't get it to run un-elevated.