Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

MoPZiG posted:

Im curious what people think about Steven's recent fracas with Liverpool supporters trying to get him off the air. While he is right to free speech, having such an inflammatory (stupid really) view on the Hillsborough disaster was bound to lead to afters.
Steven is a huge moron and I stopped listening when Nick Geber left. Every episode was Steven circle jerking about Chelsea and bashing Scousers. He really doesn't know poo poo about Football and it's more of a variety show as a result, and a terrible one at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Theageofdust posted:

According to their website World Soccer Daily is dead. From what Steven has said, it was because of the crazy Liverpool fans threatening his family. I haven't listened to the podcast but I'd imagine it would have to be pretty serious to just stop the show all together. Wasn't the best but having less coverage in the US is always a bad thing.
I'm not up on the story and stopped listening to WSD a long time ago. But from what I gather he said Liverpool fans were responsible for the deaths and refused to back down. The fans got pissed rightfully so and got all his advertisers to pull the plug?

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

I am OK posted:

James Richardson has really been losing patience with Sid Lowe already, reverting to straight-up mockery this week. I enjoyed it.
Sid Lowe is an idiot and they need to dump him.