Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

of course this neglects the Zakat in Islamic countries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

kylejack posted:

I think maybe you can do an online gift card thing for Target or something that could still be used in store?

i'm surprised you haven't offered to loan him money though kiva yet

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

NOTcatfish posted:

youre a gay muslim? thanks for stealing my gimmick. this is bullshit.

*storms out*

islam is incompatible with juche. ur either an apostate of one or the other

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

Sputty posted:

god didnt do poo poo! ha-ha-ha-ha

if he hadn't found Allah do you think he would've been able to renounce his sinful pride and allow himself to accept charity? didn't think so moron

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn
i'd hardly call submission to the basic commands of Allah extremism

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn
Allah does not tolerate apostasy

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn
lf: donating your parents money to other goons on a credit card

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

Day And Night posted:

I'm at work now. Today is my loving friday.

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

struan87 posted:

Apparently the bible says "thou shalt not lie with a man" so there are exactly zero gay Christians

Come on people one of the things we constantly deride conservatives for is their bigoted, stereotyped view of Muslims as fundamentalists. We're better than that.

um no gays are true Christians either

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn
i believe aziz is exactly what he says he is i just realized i actually let a guy who is pretty much him and his girlfriend live with me until my roommates kicked him out

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

struan87 posted:

If he had come in and said "hey guys this might be a scam, be careful", that would be one thing. All these personal insults and garbage about who's not a muslim have nothing to do with his "obligations as a mod".

i'm surprised he's not more concerned that you're going to take a cut

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn
i mean it is awfully suspicious that you're acting as an intermediary and paying everything in a lump sum

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

struan87 posted:

yeah I'm a little worried about that but if anyone has any reasonable ideas I would be happy to quell people's suspicions

edit although assuming i would scam some dude who has already convinced me to help him out says more about you than it does about me

is it possible you can give us a list of usernames, how much they donated, and then post your paypal transaction to aziz to make sure it adds up?

i mean i know people like these things to be private but hey it's the internet it's not like it isn't anonymous already

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

struan87 posted:

I don't want to tie usernames to amounts. How about I post my last week of paypal history with the names crossed out?

how about a list of usernames and a list of amounts separately so that people can match up how much they donated to their name without you showing everyone else that person x donated y.

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn
i think everyone needs to head over to wddp.org and chill out and look at some pictures of boobs

...a place for friends...

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

Bible Patriot posted:

LF Civil War gently caress yeah

when the dust settles the forbidden question still left unanswered will be "did you donate to Brother Aziz"

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn
btw it's after 5 pm PST and no sign of the guy collecting the money

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn

struan87 posted:

jeez you were on that fast
take it easy

just trying to keep you honest

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn
alls well that ends well i say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Home!
Aug 30, 2008

by The Finn
i am very glad brother aziz has received the help with grace and humility, and though i wish he would attend a good shia mosque, it is clear here that Allah has opened new doors for him, hopefully leading to him turning towards proper doctrine