Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Quarry Man
Aug 14, 2006
Spray and Pray!
(2)Drink as much of the oil as he can, for as long as he can as FAST as he can. That stuff looks high grade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alea Minerva
Apr 30, 2009
:siren: DIALOGUE UP FOR GRABS! :siren:

Wanna be a tannoy annoucement?!
Your lines are:
"All civilians have evacuated. Remaining marines start bolting doors to establish safe zones. We have to keep the ship from restarting. I repeat. We have to keep the ship from restarting. Marines, protect the engineers. Our lives must be spent carefully. This ship must crash! Communication will be down from here out. For the glory of the Earth Front!"

Wanna be a marine?!
Your lines are:
"Hey little guy. Don't worry about us, we're not going to shoot you. Heard you were pretty riled up after you broke your button. Dont worry, loving thing only activated all the ships coffee machines. poo poo, hey not much time, Ok, take this. Now hold on to that device you have in your hands there and keep it safe. VERY loving SAFE. If that thing breaks...just make sure that doesn't happen. Now get the hell off this ship"

If you want to have some dialogue in the next soundtrack just send a recording of yourself reading the lines in a manner you think befits the character/situation, without adding any effects, and send a link along with your username in an email to Arron(at)aleaminerva(dot)com. I think it's best to email them rather than cluttering up the thread with vaious submissions (if there are any). In keeping with the amout of participation involved in this thread I figured it's only fair to offer up what parts I can. Any submissions must be in by Monday at some time or other to be included.

Sorry Cheap Shot but I had to paraphrase the dialouge so that it was shorter but still kept the story moving. I have to make it make as much sense without the pictures and extra dialogue you get in the thead so that I can also have it as a stand alone album (albeit a very odd one).

As for the various complaints about audio quality in the video. I can hear a few pops and stuff that definately isn't in the original file but as for the vocal volume itself, i'll turn it up a bit and post the newer version when I post the new song. Awesome work so far Canis Ex Machina, that made me feel all kinds of odd seeing video to my music, as odd as it must be for Cheap Shot seeing his MSPaint picture come to life I imagine.

Alea Minerva fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 12, 2009

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

Sejs Cube posted:

As I recall the robo avatars started back in YLS 3 from shenanagans involving Donovian that were ... complicated. There was a pause until a callback to that was made in YSS 1, and it started the whole ball rolling again.

Yeah, I was way off-base saying it was YSS2, seeing as how we talked about sexin' the HIDs, Percy, and Torvarsky nailed Xandy in YSS1. Speaking of, I keep meaning to mention to everyone in YSS2 that Ira cannot possibly be Torvarsky's ancestor because they have the same last name but she's a female. Best she could be is an aunt. Does Ira even have siblings?

Setting the place on fire on purpose may be out of character for Bip, but he should definitely (whatever happened to the "definately" autotext?):

1. Change his oil if possible
2. Replace his Grade B oil with the good stuff
If the results of drinking oil are in any way comical, he should
3. Drink his fill
Then
4. Investigate all the other crates and characteristically make a HUGE mess

Now, what I'm saying is, if Bip is drunk on oil or something, and spills a lot of it, then you know, somehow accidentally sparks a flame, well, that would be pretty much par for him, wouldn't it? But to do it on purpose? Perish the thought!

Also, please play my CYOA too!

Chaos Motor fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 12, 2009

Zarimus
Jul 27, 2006

I can't believe how many of you are keen to get BIP drunk on high-octane oil. For shame!

Of course, my plan involved arson on a rather large scale, so I suppose I don't really have the moral high ground here.

-Riven-
Jul 19, 2008

EXFOLIATE!
EXFOLIATE!

Starhawk64 posted:

Option 2+3+4

Drink as much oil as you can, store some for later, make a mess with the rest, and Light it on FIRE.

This is an utterly excellent plan and is along the lines of what i was going to post. (Except i would probably have been much wordier).

In regards to the Robosexual Avatars. They hark back, as sejs said, to YLS3 and Donnovian. Its relatively complicated so i won’t go into it yet. As to how many are buying the avatars, as far as i am aware it’s just the one person. At least it was when i received this one (but that was reasonably early on).

We did think it was probably a mod giving them out for free, but it seems that it was just one Goon who has quite a lot of spare cash.

At the last time i counted (over 2 months ago) there were over 30 avatars. It’s now probably closer to 40/50.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
We're kind of due for an oil change, so drink away!

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009
The little scrapper seemed to get excited at the sight of the el sweet oil so I figure he would want to get it inside him as quickly as possible. From there, I figure he would want to have a look around and see if he cant find any other items lying around or stowed inside crates.

If he wanted to, he could make a mess while doing this and once satisfied with his search, I would like to see him hide away some place and meditate again. If he's trapped in the room, he may as well try to become smart enough to realise he's boned.

We wouldn't be in this situation if the humans hadn't been such jerks and let him watch a few seasons of MacGyver in his down time...

Phlegm Fatale
Sep 20, 2008

Green or brown phlegm is nearly always a sign of infection. Greenish or rusty phlegm or phlegm with rusty spots can also be a sign of pneumonia and/or internal bleeding.

Dubious Merit posted:

(2) Drink. Poor deprived little BIP can't restrain himself, now that he's suddenly surrounded by The Good Stuff.

I don't think BIP would want to start a fire, even if human jerks did put him in a box. If there were a fire there would be so much noise and confusion and yelling and people would be angry at him.

After he's full, I think BIP should check out the other crates; maybe there are other robots in them. Maybe they want to be friends! If he can't open them, he could look in or at least tap on the sides.

Sounds good!

atmega168
Dec 25, 2008

Alea Minerva posted:

:siren: DIALOGUE UP FOR GRABS! :siren:

Wanna be a tannoy annoucement?!
Your lines are:
"All civilians have evacuated. Remaining marines start bolting doors to establish safe zones. We have to keep the ship from restarting. I repeat. We have to keep the ship from restarting. Marines, protect the engineers. Our lives must be spent carefully. This ship must crash! Communication will be down from here out. For the glory of the Earth Front!"

I think I could have a crack at this. I might use a vocoder tough. Ill try some different ideas.

When you guys here my voice fell free to express possible rolls.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I think that's enough votes for now, so voting closed. I'm pretty exhausted today though so the thread is still open to discussion and suggestion. I probably wont be able to update until tonight so it's not too late to influence the outcome with a rad idea. Have at it.

Alea Minerva
Apr 30, 2009

atmega168 posted:

I think I could have a crack at this. I might use a vocoder tough. Ill try some different ideas.

When you guys here my voice fell free to express possible rolls.

Can I just take this moment to say to anoyone wanting to submit an entry, record it as clean as possible! Don't worry about making it actually sound like a tannoy, I'll do that afterwards. Again, if anyone wants to submit an entry but doesn't want everyone to hear it, just mail the link to me at the address in my last post.

Possible rolls include cheese, tuna or salad.

atmega168
Dec 25, 2008

Alea Minerva posted:

Can I just take this moment to say to anoyone wanting to submit an entry, record it as clean as possible! Don't worry about making it actually sound like a tannoy, I'll do that afterwards. Again, if anyone wants to submit an entry but doesn't want everyone to hear it, just mail the link to me at the address in my last post.

Possible rolls include cheese, tuna or salad.

I can do that, but i will sound like a 12 year old :<

Alea Minerva
Apr 30, 2009
That's fine. Just send the link to the file to me by email, I can lower the pitch to whatever sounds best. If it doesn't sound right after that then I wont use it.

edit: Canis Ex Machina - With regards to the audio problems, I think the vocal volume problems may be down to the audio possibly being in mono? The orignal is in stereo with the narration pushed to the right and music to the left during narrated passages to make it a little clearer. If you can export the audio in stereo it should hopefully sort the issues. If you did export the video with stereo sound then I can just increase the volume of the vocals a little more.

Alea Minerva fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 13, 2009

Canis Ex Machina
Jun 13, 2007
Dog Machine

Alea Minerva posted:

edit: Canis Ex Machina - With regards to the audio problems, I think the vocal volume problems may be down to the audio possibly being in mono? The orignal is in stereo with the narration pushed to the right and music to the left during narrated passages to make it a little clearer. If you can export the audio in stereo it should hopefully sort the issues. If you did export the video with stereo sound then I can just increase the volume of the vocals a little more.

I'm pretty sure I exported it in stereo, and when I play it back from YouTube, the dialogue is perfectly audible. Maybe it's a youTube thing, and some users only get one channel of sound for some reason. Does it give you the option to play it back in HD? Is that default? I'm only seeing it from creator mode, so I'm not sure how it uploaded.

When it comes to the final video, I'll export the sound at a higher quality, and for good measure I might swap the left and right channels so whatever's causing this favours the dialogue side.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Took a stab at the first scene out of boredom.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

Alright, this one took a lot of work and my wrist is now on ice. It's updates like these that make me wish I didn't only have MSpaint. I expect to see a vote from every registered goon after this or else I'll activate the machine!

There were a staggering amount of votes to get BIP plastered on oil. It was literally towering over the other options once I marked it all down. Starting a fire was second, but there were worries that it would be out of character. I don't know if thats true but I liked the suggestion of having him start it by accident. A lot of people also wanted him to take a second look around so I went with that too.

So on with the show!

-------------------------------

(2) and accidentally (3)

BIP couldn't resist himself. The temptation was too great. He used his magnetic hands to unscrew the small crates containing the precious precious Grade A Oil.
(BIP's greediness elevated)

He tossed the canister containing the grade B garbage and replaced it with two grade A's. (BIP lost Grade B Oil, gained (x2)Grade A Oil)

Once he had secured his stash, he dug into the good stuff. Drinking copious amounts of oil. More oil then ever!

An hour later, BIP woke up in a daze. His systems were running on backup and he was groggy and confused. He tried to get up, steadying himself against the wall. His legs were wobbly and he nearly lost his balance.

BIP in a stupor decided he was lonely. Missing Go-Ship, he decided to look for more friends.

He stumbled from crate to crate, knocking heavily on each and slumping up against them to listen inside.

Anything?

No, nothing. There were no friends in here. Just sweet sweet oil.

BIP shook his head to clear his systems. He regained a bit of composure and wiped away the oil he was covered in. He felt slightly ashamed for looking such a slob.

Then, there it was! Something he had missed in his first search of the compound! A small booklet of lighty sticks! BIP had seen the coolest marines using those! BIP quickly snatched them up and removed one. (BIP gained matches)

After a few minuets BIP figured out how to light it. Ooooooooooooo!

BIP watched in fascination as the match burned slowly down the stick. Such beauty could be ignited with an effortless stroke of the hand! Such art could spark fourth from the smallest of sources! BIP was warmed both by the sentiment and the matches heat. He reflected t--ow gently caress!

The match burned down to BIP's hand. BIP's damage sensors alerted him to the fire touching him, causing him to throw the burning match aside.

It landed a little too close to a patch of spilled oil.

OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO! BIP WILL NEVER PLAY WITH MATCHES AGAIN!

(BIP lost matches)

A roaring fire quickly consumed most of the warehouse. BIP franticly searched for cover from the flames. He was certain he could survive them but they were SCARY!

Suddenly a loud rumbling caught BIP's attention. Up above, the ceiling hatch slowly and noisily opened. Moments later, a flying aircraft descended through the open hatch and landed in the circle on the floor. It seems fires DO get peoples attention.

BIP snuck off to the side, as some rather menacing looking characters in heavy green armor, (who defiantly did not belong to the Earth Front) spilled out of the dropship carrying hoses, and began to fight the fire.

Oh, a button!

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

After pushing the button, the dropship's emergency thrusters kicked on, sending it careening out through the open hatch, and up into the air. The outside world was a blur and BIP succumbed to complete and utter panic like never before.

BIP is unable to walk around and search the dropship do to its extreme velocity and open sides. In his terrified state, he could only think of a small few options...

Only time for one option, for realsies this time.

(1)Bail out! We're gonna crash!
(2)Man up. Ride it out like a cowboy.
(3)Press the button more! It's all we know!
(4)Retreat into himself. The horror!

No matter which of the above four options you choose, BIP has already chosen the additional option...
(5)Learn a very valuable lesson about playing with matches.

You may add extra details and suggestions as usual, but keep in mind BIP's situation as well as his mental state. (Terrified, Robo-hung over)

-------------

Now that that's finally finished, I'm going to lie down.

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 24, 2009

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
3! Press the button! My god, press the drat button! It is the only sane thing left in the world!

Awesome last few updates, incidentally. I haven't voted by virtue of not being on much, but I caught up now.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

(1)Bail out! We're gonna crash!
Since we are already outside the cargo bay and we survived another fall with the important device, I don't see why not doing this.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
3)

Mash the poo poo outta that button. Press it extra hard for good measure.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Oh God mash the button mash the button (3) :gonk:

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

Cheap Shot posted:

(3)Press the button more! It's all we know!

Exploring and playing with new stuff led to the fire. It is time to buckle in and get back to doing what we do best - teaching buttons their place. Depressed.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Added your drawing to the OP Cryptic. Very cute.

STOP MAKING SENSE
Mar 31, 2003

This ain't no foolin' around.
2 2 2 for the love of god 2.

Time to man up! BIP already put on his big boy britches when he got wasted. Time to be a badass! :v:

Also, I can't help but think of BIP as an illegitimate child of Bender now that he's been drunk and stumbling around committing arson. :laffo:

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Thanks, was kinda bored and thought I'd see how well my new tablet does for drawing at the same time. Verdict is, quite well, it did it just as my terrible art skills demanded :)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
2 'cause he's a cowboy! On a steel horse he'll ride (until he gets his beetle back.)

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Writer Cath posted:

2 'cause he's a cowboy! On a steel horse he'll ride (until he gets his beetle back.)

Go-Dropship :downs:

Voting 2

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
For gods sake BIP push the button as fast as you can! Something good has to come from hitting it one more time, or many more times!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

How far up are we at the time of this decision making? If we are high enough up, I vote option 1: Bail out! Take out the important device and hold on to it like last time. It should cushion the fall

I've noticed a pattern. We all started out making rational, well thought out decisions until it came time to take responsibilty and save lives. Now we're hugging giant warmechs, getting hammered on oil, and attempting to break the planets gravitational pull.

Come on, people, there are lives at stake! We can't keep screwing around! Especially not when we still have to find someone to give the device to, figure out what the strange key we have is for, explore the city, save the lives of at least 5 or 6 humans, find Go-Ship, and save the day!

Zarimus
Jul 27, 2006

Aaaaaahhhh! Who leaves a button like that out in the center of a console, just begging to be pushed? Push it again! Find more buttons and push them! Hang on for dear life and press the bejeezus out of that console and anything nearby! Hope that robots don't upchuck their oil pans in situations like this!

If the roaring and the shaking and the danger of being sucked out an open hatchway continue after buttons are pushed, the only sensible thing to do is retreat into himself and hope everything works out. Maybe the important device will save BIP. Hope is something to cling to when your panic circuits are frying themselves.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
BIP has spent enough time on cute cowardice! Time to robo-cowboy up! 2!

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

STOP MAKING SENSE posted:

2 2 2 for the love of god 2.

Time to man up! BIP already put on his big boy britches when he got wasted. Time to be a badass! :v:

Also, I can't help but think of BIP as an illegitimate child of Bender now that he's been drunk and stumbling around committing arson. :laffo:

Its a good thing Bender must not know about him or he'd be traded for a satanic robot army in a second.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Push button WHILE manning up.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep
Voting 2 figure out how to use this ship and get back to your crew.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Flanker posted:

Voting 2 figure out how to use this ship and get back to your crew.

Hate to break it, but BIP couldn't pilot a ship even if he had six arms and a pictographic manual.

\/\/\/ drat, I'm starting to think you WANT one of those new avatars.

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 13, 2009

LordPancake
Nov 1, 2007

GG: bluhhh what are you talking about....
GG: my head hurts
Push the Button. Oh yeah push the button hard, real hard. It's asking for it the way it is flaunting itself to you.

^^^ Maybe I do... No not really I just wanted to be like all the cool people in this thread. Make some people laugh.

LordPancake fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 13, 2009

RabidDuck
Nov 14, 2005
Anatidaephobia has you.
3! Only the button holds the key to our salvation!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wouldnt mind the King of Pancakes leading a Robot Army. Or he could be riding in a robot charriot in a parade and robots proudly waved pancakes in the air.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

voting for 2.

Ride it out BIP, you can pull through!

LordPancake
Nov 1, 2007

GG: bluhhh what are you talking about....
GG: my head hurts

A student posted:

I wouldnt mind the King of Pancakes leading a Robot Army. Or he could be riding in a robot charriot in a parade and robots proudly waved pancakes in the air.

The King of Pancakes can become a pancake dispensing robot.

You will be spared in the coming syrupy robot holocaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Push the button, then bail out.