Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin

griliard posted:

They will after my patent gets approved and we ramp up production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMGJB410Ccs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alea Minerva
Apr 30, 2009
:siren: BIP SOUNTRACK - UPDATE 3-4 :siren:

Well, I was going to wait until Cheap Shot posted his update but having the song finished and not posting it seemed pretty mean. Thanks to Cannuck Errant for the first tannoy announcement and to JossiRossi for the last. Nobody submitted an entry for the marine's lines so I made him Glaswegian (from Glasgow) to teach you a lesson for not giving it a go. The next dialogue up for grabs will be the Marine in the pod. Haven't finalised the dialogue yet but I though I'd give ample notice. I'll post the lines as soon as I finalise them.

Here it is:

Hope you like it as much as you did the first!

If anyone can think of anything cool they think should be in the next one then let me know. Participation is, after all, the life of a CYOA thread. Same goes for if you want to make sound effects etc. whatever you think you can contribute, feel free to suggest it. Thanks for all the kind words about the first one, they make these worth continuing.

atmega168
Dec 25, 2008

Alea Minerva posted:

Well, I was going to wait until Cheap Shot posted his update but having the song finished and not posting it seemed pretty mean. Thanks to Cannuck Errant for the first tannoy announcement and to JossiRossi for the last. Nobody submitted an entry for the marine's lines so I made him Glaswegian (from Glasgow) to teach you a lesson for not giving it a go. The next dialogue up for grabs will be the Marine in the pod. Haven't finalised the dialogue yet but I though I'd give ample notice. I'll post the lines as soon as I finalise them.

Here it is:

If anyone can think of anything cool they think should be in the next one then let me know. Participation is, after all, the life of a CYOA thread. Same goes for if you want to make sound effects etc. whatever you think you can contribute, feel free to suggest it. Thanks for all the kind words about the first one, they make these worth continuing.

Yea I would love to help with sound effects "grabs recording equipment"
I even have access to robots for great robot noises! "no really I do"
And just in case you are not aware of this, ill leave this here. http://www.freesound.org/

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
This is really really kick rear end. Also nice effects on my voice when it showed up, you made me sound far more badass than I really do. The sound effects and the musical references back to Bip's theme work excessively well. I hope we get to hear how the music changes with the change of scene and story tempo. The only thing I wasn't sure on was I believe the first Tannoy announcement when the gravity fails, it seemed overly obfuscated. I think I know why it was done that way, but it's affected to a point where it's hard to understand. All I really managed to catch was a reference to the gravity. Nevermind, that's intentional and works they way it was supposed and is all good.

Other than that it's another amazing addition to Bip's ballad.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 16, 2009

Zarimus
Jul 27, 2006

If the soundtrack is not combined with the images and posted to Youtube at some point, I will lose all faith in mankind.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Zarimus posted:

If the soundtrack is not combined with the images and posted to Youtube at some point, I will lose all faith in mankind.

There's discussion of someone 3D animating it. It's back a few pages so I apologize to the person working on it for not recalling your name.

Alea Minerva
Apr 30, 2009

JossiRossi posted:

The only thing I wasn't sure on was I believe the first Tannoy announcement when the gravity fails, it seemed overly obfuscated. I think I know why it was done that way, but it's affected to a point where it's hard to understand. All I really managed to catch was a reference to the gravity.

That's the only thing your supposed to hear at all clearly along with the countdown. The text was all cut up in the original post so I thought I'd just make it near incomprohensible. Plus BIP's in a ventilation duct at the time. If you listen to it with the text in front of you you'll probably hear a lot more of the words. Glad you like it. Canis Ex Machina is the guy animating it. He's only doing the first song for now but he's already got a preview clip up and drat good it looks too.

Sair
May 11, 2007

This is fantastic stuff, Minerva. Keep up the good work.

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008
This is the greatest CYOA.

Canis Ex Machina
Jun 13, 2007
Dog Machine

Alea Minerva posted:

Damnit. I wasn't planning on animating anything beyond part one, but after hearing part two I don't think I have a choice... Nice one.

As for the first part, I've got about 70 seconds of completed animation done from BIP's introduction to just before all hell breaks loose in his brain. Here are a couple of framegrabs from the "calm" part of his trip. The button fetus doesn't appear in this bit, I've moved it to appear in the faster paced section.

He spies a chip of some sort, he has a deep feeling that this chip belongs to him...

The button watches silently...

The Azn Sensation
Mar 9, 2009

Alea Minerva posted:

Here it is:

Hey, near the intro of it all when the guy is talking and the guitar is going BOM BOM, BOM BOM! It is a little loud, making the voice hard to hear for slight periods of time. I would suggest lowering the volume just a tad, to allow fluid voice hearing.

EDIT: Forgot to say, its sexy, sounds so sexy.

Dull Fork
Mar 22, 2009
Oh my god Minerva you are a genius. Your music making skills are outstanding! I love how you used that recurring theme from the first track, looking forward to how you'll change it around next!

Also did I hear a bit of cowbell when bip was running to the escape pod?

Dull Fork fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jun 16, 2009

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope this becomes a BIP fan project bandwagon.

I need to make a chiptune for this thread, A BIPtune, if you will.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

This one is a bit late, but I wanted to try something different for this update. Thanks to Quarry Man, Flanker and The Architect for working on this with me.

BIP has decided to do more of what he loves.

The shuttle flew upward at terrifying speeds. BIP clung onto the panel with his magnetic hands. In trademark panic, he reached out towards the button.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BIP pressed the button over and over again. The ships emergency engines shuddered on and off several times. The ship slowed and came to a near halt. It then began to free fall.

And then the engines exploded.

BIP was shaken free of the panel and slapped up against the dropship's ceiling as the smoking vessel hurtled towards the ground. There was no doubt about it this time. BIP was done for.

The ship arced in low striking the ground at an angle. The lower half was torn away as it slapped down hard. BIP was thrown free grabbing onto a large piece of flying metal. He was carried down and buried in the rubble.

BIP did a quick once over. He still seemed to be intact. Just as he was about to climb out of the wreckage, a shadow loomed over the crash site.

It was one of those giant metal walking things! Must have seen the crash and come to investigate. BIP feared he'd be thrown back into the same situation. His processors were still running low capacity after all that oil.

BIP snuck under the shredded metal until he was behind the monster. He waited to see if it had seen him. It just stood there. Guess it hadn't.

BIP began to climb the back of it and nestled into a space to hide. The giant
beast sat a little longer and then turned to leave.

BIP reached into his compartment to check if everything had survived the crash. The oil canisters had both cracked open, but everything else was fine. (BIP lost (x2)Grade A Oil) That was fine he supposed. BIP didn't want any more oil for a very long time.

He pulled out the data pad to make notes on what he had learned.

A quick glance over the walking monstrosities head showed part of the city in the distance. Much closer was a rotating satellite dish. That seemed to be the destination.

The creature stomped towards a metallic walkway in the sand and surprisingly lowered its head to rest on the ground. Its face came off and two humans in heavy blue armor climbed out. They were not Earth Front marines and BIP could see no identifying insignias. They set off down the walkway towards the satellite.

BIP jumped down from his perch and followed the humans cautiously. They seemed incapable of turning their necks so BIP went unnoticed.

He hid behind a glowing blue tube and watched.

The human was talking to another inside a glowing rectangle. He listened closer to make out what was being said.

"___holding up in some caves in the east cliff face. The tracker we recovered from the defective robot lead us to their location but...well.. It's a good location sir. None of our mechs can reach it and they're protected from pass overs. All our ground assaults have been repelled. They're unreal Sir, we can't take them down. I know I shot one. I know it. Didn't even faze him. He just unloaded on us. We had to turn back. I don't know what they feed those Earth Front assholes, but they don't show fear or feel pain."

Some shouting from the man on the screen led BIP to believe he was angry.

"Forgive us Sir! We haven't given up. We were just investigating the crash of one our fire prevention shuttles. It was flying erratically. Strange though Sir. We couldn't detect any bodies on board..."

Uh oh. BIP did bad. Looks like the good humans were in trouble. Kind of. HEY WAIT A SECOND! One of the marines had BIPs Earth Front Tracker magnetized to the side of his armor! They STOLE!

BIP crawled away from the dish and contemplated his situation. Things were not looking good. The marines were in trouble. BIP still had the important device. Go-Ship was missing, and those bad guys stole! They stole from BIP!

What could BIP do?!

(1)Sneak up and try to retrieve the EFT.
(2)Wait until they leave and try to operate the dish.
(3)Sabotage everything in sight with grenades.
(4)Make a break for it, run to the city and look for help.

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 29, 2009

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep
This poo poo just got real.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -